FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Cheaper or more expensive?

<< < (2/5) > >>

AbsolutelyCursed:
I remember someone bought the pocket watch for like $30

ILuvHeijiHattori:
they sell them on the net for 10 bux. Thats Y i was suprised.

Saffy:
Anything you see from Japan is marked up. It's just a fact.

Definitely good to shop around before making any purchases that hurt. There's always the scheme of waiting till the last day when dealers might be willing to lower some digits on that price tag, but whether the item will wait so long for you is never easy to tell. If you absolutely cannot buy something online or anywhere else, then hey, its your cash.

So far, the best markdown I've seen is on boxed full series. I never found manga that was significantly cheaper. Any figurine goods can be anywhere from pretty cheap to pretty damn costly. As for clothes and bags, well, I'd never seen em anywhere else, so there went my $$. =_=

010:
The inconsistency in FMA pocket watch prices is most likely due to the variety of them available on the market. There are the official ones from Japan that run for a pretty penny. There are official Korean ones (which I personally think are even more accurate than the Japanese ones) that run for about $80 shipped on eBay. There are Chinese knock-offs that may or may not come coupled with keychains or necklaces, which are in the $10-$30 range. And then there is the official U.S. licensed one which runs for about $30, but isn't that nice IMHO.

Ayanami Rei First Child:
Here's a tip: Check e-bay and other stuff BEFORE you decide something is a bargain

I remember getting ripped off like that before "Ohhhh $10 for a VHS" and for the money I paid....I could have gotten the ENTIRE set on DVD >.<

Thanks for the heads up with that anime site, I'll be sure to check it out before purchasing any anime ^^;;

Also during the Fanime Flea Market Thingy....if it's towards the end you can really nap some great prices...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version