Would you come, if FanimeCon threw a LAN Party

Yes, I would!
30 (90.9%)
No, I would not!
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: April 14, 2006, 06:56:33 AM

PassingTheBuck

The President of ARG (Anime Resource Group), the parent company of FanimeCon, made a proposal to me and I thought I would post it and hear what all of you think about it.

Besides E-Gaming, what if we threw a LAN Party?

How popular do you think that idea would be?

If you answered "NO", above, can you tell me why you wouldn't join in?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Spiritsnare

If it's Bring-Your-Own-Box (BYOB), I wouldn't be able to do so (lest my parents slice me a hundred times with a fillet knife, screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEY'RE GOING TO STEAL OUR COMPUTER!1!")

If there are limited at-party computers, I may take interest, but at the moment, no.
epic progressive

vox

Punkre

Well i kinda agree with the post above, i think in earlier years they actually did have a LAN party at Fanime where they were playing Quake3 if i remeber correctly(the set up was so drasticly diffrent than mine so i had a hard time playing) if i had to BYOB i would have to have a laptop which i unfortunaly dont have to want to bring my comp from where i live to the Con.
Anime>Video Games>Real Life

Why do i fall in lov with every girl that pays the littlest bit of attention to me?

FanFicGuru

BYOB would probably prove troublesome...I wouldn't mind so much if the b ox was like, strapped down to a table type thing so people can't take our computers at night. lol.

I'lll be busy with other stuff anyways. lol
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Yes...but I want to play, not lead it =P

Question: at FanimeCon or a future FanimeCon based event? I do have a few good ideas...

We need a good LAN party out here. There hasnt been a good one in ages in the area at all.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

xMkLx

Rawr

deepbluevibes

Magical Senpai

I'm down to do a LAN party. Is this gonna happen after Fanime?

I'm also down to do the promotional stuff for it too (flyer, website)

drallcome

Lan party after or before fanime hell ya..

Lan party at fanime hell no..

Usaly only thing I do at lan parties is talk to people, drink and swap fansubs and other stuff on the network.
Fanime Member since 1999

drallcome

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Yes...but I want to play, not lead it =P

Question: at FanimeCon or a future FanimeCon based event? I do have a few good ideas...

We need a good LAN party out here. There hasnt been a good one in ages in the area at all.

Ive been going to these guys lan parties.. http://www.pdxlan.com/

Hosted by Nvidia. I was there for the launch party of the 6800 and 7800 video cards.
Fanime Member since 1999

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "drallcome"
Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Yes...but I want to play, not lead it =P

Ive been going to these guys lan parties.. http://www.pdxlan.com/

Hosted by Nvidia. I was there for the launch party of the 6800 and 7800 video cards.

Same here ^^;;

ya know, this is a tempting idea for the future..../hmm
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Shin Gouki

Sorry it's not a good Idea I really don't want to do tech on some on's computer thats not working  if there not patched to the right patch and what not unless you set up a list and here is want you will need to play and want patch

Magical Senpai

So, any word on when this is happening?

Shin Gouki

I don't think this will happen

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I havent heard anything new about this...
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Akira Miyamoto

I wont only be there, but I'll corpsehump all my kills thoroughly. But, I cannot bring my own machine.
"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, stick dynamite down his throat and he'll go with a full belly."

HamSTA

hell yea on LAN Party!
i'm not embarrassed to bring my VAIO hahahah
i'll stay there all night and play

for security issue
honestly... if there was a LAN party
with tons of other people
they should all be kind enough to sorta watch over their neighbors PCs and what not
i prefer a mouse over a wiimote =]

lyricaldanichan

All the lan partys I have been too people play until they are tired and take their PC back home/hotel room. That would be fun to have something like this especially if you have a good laptop to play a lot of FPS games. It would be awesome if we all played Doom and Doom II .. hahaha
:twisted:

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

Sunara Ishi

I would but I probably won't bring my pc to the con.

If its supplied pcs, it depends on what game.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula