Would you come, if FanimeCon threw a LAN Party

Yes, I would!
30 (90.9%)
No, I would not!
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: April 14, 2006, 06:56:33 AM

memory

I went to Shadow lan on before school started and i cant belive all the sponsers there0.O. Even though we are there to cosplay, i would love to pwn people up on Unreal 2004 in a kaolla su costume like i did before *cough* (i didn't really pwn, but i can now^^.) if you needed a pc i could loan mine. its a alienware. i need a new sound card though^^.
but yeah! i want a LAN! I want a LAN!!!!!!! i have to keep up my girl gammer status^^.
If I were to be any anime character, i would be Kaolla Su. for one reason. people look at me even when im NOT in costume and say that i act just like her. i even have the same intrests like gamming^^. although i regret to say that I'm not a prinses^^.

Shin Gouki

LAN =  Local Area Network  it where computers can talk to eatch other and you can play game with other ppl not over the net less ping let ppl  ^_^

memory

you bet ill pwn it up at the LAN so will my bf. :o  :lol:  :lol:
If I were to be any anime character, i would be Kaolla Su. for one reason. people look at me even when im NOT in costume and say that i act just like her. i even have the same intrests like gamming^^. although i regret to say that I'm not a prinses^^.

hybrjon

the lan would be sweet but what about if someone has an infected computer?
not to mention but there are games that require internet....any thoughts?

Shin Gouki

a lan plays game that you can play without the net if you need it you don't play it

then that computer get tost out of the lan  lol  ^_^

Seshiro

I think it should be like a special event one of the days. It would be just like a regular large scale lan party, eveyone brings in their Pc's/Boxes, then we LAN for several  hours, or even half the day, or all ngiht, or something. And when it's over, eveyone packs up their own stuff and takes off. Just like all those ofther big lan events they have around the Silicon Valley. It would be conevintnt for peopel staying in a hotel, or living in San Jose. But yah, it would be nice for those of us who wouldn't need to complicate things or jump hoops in order to bring their gear down.
More Trees, less Bush.

magz

I'd be up for this idea. Although someone would be required to provide a wireless router + switch (for those without wireless cards)...

HamSTA

I can help organize this LAN with some of the things yuo might need
i got a 8 Port Gigabit wired rounter to help with the LANing thingy

other than equiptment where will it be?
I'm bringing my laptop tehehe~ >=3

Rawr i'll beat all you guys at any FPS, besides battlefield series lol
i prefer a mouse over a wiimote =]

HamSTA

Quote from: "memory"I went to Shadow lan on before school started and i cant belive all the sponsers there0.O. Even though we are there to cosplay, i would love to pwn people up on Unreal 2004 in a kaolla su costume like i did before *cough* (i didn't really pwn, but i can now^^.) if you needed a pc i could loan mine. its a alienware. i need a new sound card though^^.
but yeah! i want a LAN! I want a LAN!!!!!!! i have to keep up my girl gammer status^^.
i was participating in the CS:S tourny
we got immortally rapped by EFG which was our 3rd game but all in all it was fun

sadly i'm not going to be in SHOWDOWN this year since its during my graduation and i'm not going to choose a messly LAN over my highschool graduation >=3
i prefer a mouse over a wiimote =]

addy

Is this even going to be done at the 2008 fanime convention? I think it would be a sweet idea, only problem is leaving your computer there. I wouldn't trust my computer being left alone over night. I mean i'm down for it but i'll probably end up bringing my computer back to my room before i leave.

Jerry

usually LAN parties are held at a private home where the participants usually know and semi trust each other enough and also dont have any compatibilities issues.

I used to do this in college all the time, but instead of PC "boxes" most ppl use laptops nowdays.

then again I'm terrible at FPS games (althought quite fun) and I'm trying to kick the habit of MMORPG... theyre worse than crack and anime combined.

But maybe if u guys want to have a house LAN party.

I'd open my house up... um maybe like in the spring?

You guys could always start a thread in the Gatherings Sub section.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

addy

aznmagic2015

Seeing as alot of people are reluctant to bring leave their comps overnight(I don't blame them...I wouldn't want to do it either) we could get a Internet Cafe to set up comps at fanime. Nobody has to bring anything but it would cost a bit of money and take up alot of space...

addy

isnt that what they're doing in the e-gaming room place.

aznmagic2015

I thought E-gaming was just arcade games and console

FinalShadows

Anyways, if you guys are down for a LAN party together, I wouldn't mind busting out my laptop =)

We would have to figure out what games to hold though, some laptops are pretty slow, and some people have macs o_O
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

otakuapprentice

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 25, 2007, 09:31:26 PM
E-Gaming is actually more than just that; along with arcade games and console gaming, there are also tabletop games(Magic, D&D, Apples to Apples, etc.), as well as PC gaming for those wanting to get their fix of Warcraft/Battlefield/Quake/Unreal Tournament/etc.

there was alot of unused space last year in E-Gaming, and i hope they put that empty space to good use for 2008.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

aznmagic2015

Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 25, 2007, 09:36:51 PM
E-Gaming is actually more than just that; along with arcade games and console gaming, there are also tabletop games(Magic, D&D, Apples to Apples, etc.), as well as PC gaming for those wanting to get their fix of Warcraft/Battlefield/Quake/Unreal Tournament/etc.

there was alot of unused space last year in E-Gaming, and i hope they put that empty space to good use for 2008.

Magic...D&D...Apples to Apples...havn't played those in sooo long...Anyways did someone provide comps for e-gaming for fanime 07? I missed out.

FinalShadows

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on November 25, 2007, 09:49:37 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on November 25, 2007, 09:36:51 PM

Magic...D&D...Apples to Apples...havn't played those in sooo long...Anyways did someone provide comps for e-gaming for fanime 07? I missed out.
They do, but people are usually using them and don't have a variety of games to play anyhow.
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

aznmagic2015

That sucks...so getting a Internet Cafe to sponsor a LAN party would help. They could provide tons of games and that would knock out the problem of having a LAN party full of PC's/laptops with no matching games. If they wheel in a server we can have like 50 PC's ready to game. I just hope most people won't be playing WoW there...