Fan MiniFigurines

Started by ip136, April 20, 2006, 02:49:14 PM

pockystix

I second on the Haruhi and Fate/Stay Night requests~

IMO, it'd be awesome if there were Negima ones. Like the chibis in this picture: http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7852/groupchibified2dn.jpg
New sn = Meirin

ip136

s'funny you post that piccy actually.. because that is what my Aeris sorta looked like. *shifty eyes* I just need to figure out a good way to make her stand. X_x;
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Suspicious

You should do some commissions :O  I'd order a bunch.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

ip136

Quote from: "Suspicious"You should do some commissions :O  I'd order a bunch.

fwou~ Really? I dunno how I would manage that though.. I would have to ship them out to people after the convention because I wouldn't have an oven there.  *taps her chin* hmmm

ou~ but if there are some you want to see I can try to make them for you and have them there at the con to purchase! ^_^
Clicky my Art Pwease?

gazerock.is.not.dead

sorta an old post and iunno if you need anymore ideas but i think tengan toppa gurren lagann (sp?) might sell well... pretty new anime but a lot of people like it including me :> if you made some i would totally get one or mamybe more

bahamutknightzero

If you do this, will you have some popular characters that don't have that many items of them out yet (especially Greed of FMA, kinda disappointed that he doesn't have as much merch compared to the other Sins)?

IshokuOsero

If you had Lucky Star and Nana figures, you'd definitely get my business.
Especially Lucky Star... I'm going through an Anime fad with it right now. ~

ip136

:o Wow!!! Thank you for the ideas everyone!

gazerock.is.not.dead - I've never heard of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, but I am a sucker for things I have never heard of before.. so I will definitely check it out. ^-^

bahamutknightzero - I Looooove making things of characters that don't have a lot of merchandise. But sometimes the characters aren't nearly as popular, when I personally think they are (I made Freya figurines from FF9 for example last year and they were totally passed over by people for the Vivis instead). But if there is a particular character you are interested in.. I tend to take at-con commissions. And I generally accept 3~4 commissions on Friday and Saturday, more or less because they do take a while.

IshokuOsero- I am actually currently working on Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei figurines for Fanime, and the Lucky Star are on the list for this month to be made~ I haven't seen Nana just yet, but I'll definitely look into it!

Anyone who is interested.. I did sell mini-figurines last year and I love all the support that I got! This year, there will be a MUCH larger variety, but I will only have 1 or 2 figurines of each character - both slightly different as in uniform, attire, holding, or doing something different - this is so that each one is truly unique. :3 Please look at my deviantArt page (in the sig) in the future months to see the chibis that will be for sale. :D
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Runewitt

Kon from bleach, or Rei for evangellion? i'd be happy to buy.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

BrightHeart76

Yay!  You ARE the person I remember from the con last year.  My sister and I LOVE our minifigurines!  My Jiraiya figure has a prominent place next to my computer!  He is too cool.   :D  I wanted to ask you to do a special piece for me this year.  Is it ok if I PM you with a request?  Looking forward to seeing what you have this year at con, you were one of my favorite booths last year.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ip136

Runewitt - People seem to really like the series Bleach, so I will most likely be looking into it, doing some research and having chibis for sale of the series. :D And definitely a yes on Rei.

BrightHeart76 - Ah hah! The summer went by soooo fast! And thank you! ^-^ Yes, go ahead and PM. :)
Clicky my Art Pwease?

sunrise-oasis

Okay i understand you made these by yourself (or with help) but Im kinda confused on fan minifigures. are you going for the artist alley or the dealers room?
Because i really wanted to sell fan keyblades but The fanime staff Disallowed it due to Square-enix's Copyright. I never seen their keyblade and their largest they got up to is 6 inches!...

still there is one request I would like to have but the problem is that its private and its not in any series!!!!

ip136

My Figurines are created out of my own style (no help XP) of current Anime Characters.

I don't really mass produce them (The most was like.. 15 Chibi Death of AerithxSephiroth..I was young and foolish. Will not be doing THAT again.).
But they are all hand-made and do not use any molds. Also, since it is in my own style, I am not using any kits, or pre-existing models that I am basing it off of, just images of characters to capture their likeness.

I was never asked last year about not being in the dealers room though... but it is probably because they are not mass-produced, plus they are still hand crafted items. So I am not entirely sure. I do not recall seeing any crafters IN the dealer's room last year - just actual companies. However, there are a few conventions that I know of (ex: AWA) that have started to break-up their Artist Alley by print and drawing vs. hand crafted items.
Honestly, I think that is a WONDERFUL idea...

But I digress.. It might be because there are a lot of companies that actually sell Keyblades for cosplay? And honestly, if your craftmanship is really up to snuff on it, I would suggest you do compete in the dealer's room because you will most likely (by a purely sales perspective) appeal to more people much faster and potentially create more sales for yourself.
As for Copyright problems.. I would have to look into it more to give a really solid answer. But if they are mass produced and you are claiming the original idea as your own, then it runs into copyright problems.

And a request?
Clicky my Art Pwease?

Ms.Naru

I'm a chibi lover so every time I pass the artist's alley in any convention, I'm on the hunt for adorable tiny figurines. I've walked home with turtles, Moogles, chocobos, Katamari cousins, etc etc etc.

They're easy to carry and make my large figurines look even larger! XD So, that's my two cents at least! Good luck with your sales and I hope to see you there in the alley!

***EDIT***

I just checked out your DeviantArt gallery and I TOTALLY bought one of your Moogles at Anime Expo last year! It lovingly sits next to my Cloud on his Hardy Daytona motorcycle! It's one of my favorite items in my whole collection! How random to find you here! Haha, now I'm REEEEEEEEALLY going to make an effort to visit your table!
SoCal Cosplay Gatherings
Cause cosplay is serious business...XD

www.socalcosplay.com

Moonblossom

I definitely would snatch up a Yotsuba if you have any this year!

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: ip136 on February 06, 2008, 10:23:53 AM
My Figurines are created out of my own style (no help XP) of current Anime Characters.

I don't really mass produce them (The most was like.. 15 Chibi Death of AerithxSephiroth..I was young and foolish. Will not be doing THAT again.).
But they are all hand-made and do not use any molds. Also, since it is in my own style, I am not using any kits, or pre-existing models that I am basing it off of, just images of characters to capture their likeness.

I was never asked last year about not being in the dealers room though... but it is probably because they are not mass-produced, plus they are still hand crafted items. So I am not entirely sure. I do not recall seeing any crafters IN the dealer's room last year - just actual companies. However, there are a few conventions that I know of (ex: AWA) that have started to break-up their Artist Alley by print and drawing vs. hand crafted items.
Honestly, I think that is a WONDERFUL idea...

But I digress.. It might be because there are a lot of companies that actually sell Keyblades for cosplay? And honestly, if your craftmanship is really up to snuff on it, I would suggest you do compete in the dealer's room because you will most likely (by a purely sales perspective) appeal to more people much faster and potentially create more sales for yourself.
As for Copyright problems.. I would have to look into it more to give a really solid answer. But if they are mass produced and you are claiming the original idea as your own, then it runs into copyright problems.

And a request?

there is one request though but thats doing crystal, but the problem is the chibis i am still not into "YET". the only thing I want is a genie bottle but then again it wil be difficult for you to handle....