E-Gaming Status, as of 4/25/2006

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, April 25, 2006, 11:18:49 AM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Gomen ne, i've been really busy on my end. I owe everyone a form of updating.

I'll keep it simple:

1) We are completely full on staff. That list got locked down 48 hours ago. I cannot take on anymore people.

2) Tournament list: its coming. Whats the delay? We've been requested by upper management not to conduct any tournaments that arcades will have on site. This had a huge impact on our tournament planning and we are working to the best of our abilities to get this finalized ASAP. To note what games were affected, by what I know already, is Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 5. I'm rechecking the arcade lists against our tournament list.

3) Not alot of details about E-Gaming are out and i'm a bit later than usual. E-Gaming info thread incoming next week. There are some details I cannot say yet, because it is not finalized.

4) Equipment Loaning and Waiver form: If you have submitted to me a possiblity of loaning equipment (game copies that are legit, hardware, etc), please contact me ASAP so I know who you are! There have been some changes to our needs. Also, with the exception of a few that talked to me eariler in the year, we are no longer accepting personal computer loans. Any non-staffer that is loaning equipment to us needs to be cleared by me (Felicito Signo) and then the waiver form signed at the day of our set up on Thursday.

E-Gaming staff - i'll state in a future internal meeting and/or email about how it works for staffers. There is a system in place, but every staffer that is loaning equipment is required to sign it before we deploy it.

Thats all I got right now. I'm alive yes, but busy. Again, the E-Gaming info thread is being posted next week. That will conclude tournament information if it is finalized.

Need to contact us? [email protected] is up and running. I do keep an eye on this on a regular basis.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Magical Senpai

Just posting a reminder:

The Stepmania rig that was planned for E-Gaming has been cancelled due to various reasons including the legality of Stepmania itself. My apologies.

Thank you.

OCEguy

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"
2) Tournament list: its coming. Whats the delay? We've been requested by upper management not to conduct any tournaments that arcades will have on site. This had a huge impact on our tournament planning and we are working to the best of our abilities to get this finalized ASAP. To note what games were affected, by what I know already, is Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 5. I'm rechecking the arcade lists against our tournament list.

Hey guys, I'm the arcade operator.  You guys are free to run tournaments on ANY game you want.  We just ask that you not have games that are in the arcade available for freeplay during non-tournament times.  And of course no tournaments on our arcade games.

Ohsu

Chito: What did I say? I told you it was a misunderstanding. I hope you believe me now since OCE posted =D
俺の名を言ってみろ!

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "OCEguy"
Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"

Hey guys, I'm the arcade operator.  You guys are free to run tournaments on ANY game you want.  We just ask that you not have games that are in the arcade available for freeplay during non-tournament times.  And of course no tournaments on our arcade games.

Got your email and we are in comunication. This is indeed good news. This changes almost everything. (Key word: almost)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!