Art Contest!! *CLOSED*

Started by angeljibrille, April 26, 2006, 11:12:11 PM

angeljibrille

Updated 5/20/06:

CONTEST NOW CLOSED. I'll be e-mailing the contestants and the winners :)  You will get to see the winner at the convention!! ^_^
(we will show it on the screens at the Masquerade too).

Updated 5/15/06:

Remember -- these are due on 5/20/06. Thanks! Marisa

Hi everyone!

We are holding an art contest for the FanimeCon Masquerade Badges! Essentially, we would like to have donated art piece that we can use on stickers for our registered Masquerade contestants.

The key to this is that YOU might be a winner of 4 front-row seats for the Fanime Masquerade, no lines, no hassle, just 4 of you sitting pretty with a fantasic view.

How do you enter the contest?  I need your entry submitted to my e-mail address  [ cosplay @ aino.com ] by NO LATER than May 20, 2006.

The artwork can be in color or black & white, digital or hand-drawn, and needs to feature "COSPLAY". Whatever "cosplay" means to you (it can be various people dressed in costumes, etc.). The image needs to be scanned at 300 DPI, and be no bigger than 4 inches wide and 3 inches tall (when printed).

The winning entry will be used for cosplay promotional materials for 2006, and may be featured in future Fanime Materials (such as program guides, etc.) We will, of course, credit you for the image.

Good luck and thanks!
Marisa
FanimeCon Masquerade Coordinator

Nina Star 9

can people entering the masquerade enter and then give up the seat to someone else if they win it? i might enter. o.o;

serajwl

Hmmm...  finally have a project! yes!

I shall enter! :D

And can we enter more than one peice? I'm having a flood of ideas.

Lisu

I'm thinking about it. Now, does it need to apply to the masquerade in specific, or just cosplaying in general? You kind of stated, but just needed that specific check...

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"can people entering the masquerade enter and then give up the seat to someone else if they win it? i might enter. o.o;

Sure! Basically the 4 people will need to check in at the Masquerade Desk sometime between Friday -> Sunday Morning (by 10am) to get their "backstage passes". They should be with you just so I can make sure they are legit :)

I'll give you additional info when you check in.

Thanks ^_^/~

angeljibrille

Quote from: "serajwl"And can we enter more than one peice? I'm having a flood of ideas.

Let's make it a max of 3 pieces. :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Lisu"I'm thinking about it. Now, does it need to apply to the masquerade in specific, or just cosplaying in general? You kind of stated, but just needed that specific check...

It can be either. It's just something that means cosplay to you. :)

Here's an example of some old badges from other conventions I've run:

Nina Star 9

so it can pretty much just be anything cosplay-oriented, even if it is not an actual specific character?

i cannot get any of my good ideas to look good on paper. ~ - ~

gem2niki

Are artist staff allowed to participate? :P
http://kuruta.net
Fanime Artist Pool since 2006

Ruby

I'm an idiot. XD What does DPI stand for...?
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Ruby"I'm an idiot. XD What does DPI stand for...?
dots per inch. like, how good of quality it is. the better quality, the more dots per inch.

i have a questiona bout the size and background. the examples have stuff written on them and a background. do we need to put a background and such on ours? and is the size including the background (so like, the whole badge), or is it just the picture itself?

i need to know before i start to CG mine. ^-^;

angeljibrille

Quote from: "gem2niki"Are artist staff allowed to participate? :P

Uh -- no? Because you already get free seats to the Masq if you want em ^_^;;

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"i have a questiona bout the size and background. the examples have stuff written on them and a background. do we need to put a background and such on ours? and is the size including the background (so like, the whole badge), or is it just the picture itself?

i need to know before i start to CG mine. ^-^;

If you want to do the whole background, that's fine with me :) We generally have to add on the official Fanime logo and some sort of custom thing just like on these badges. This is the template, so if you want something that fits within that -- great :)  If you can send it to me as a PSD or AI even better @_@

MeliCat

So you can add the Fanime logo and fun things like that, I just need to draw somethiing cute and cosplay related?

Fain Erevast

Is it alright if it's an original character?

DayDreamerNessa

I'm excited I have my design, now I just need to color it XD!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Yukari Kaiba

oo this sounds fun - i think i shall enter XD now to get brainstorming on ideas! *runs off with sketch book* XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "Fain Erevast"Is it alright if it's an original character?

Yes :)

angeljibrille

Quote from: "MeliCat"So you can add the Fanime logo and fun things like that, I just need to draw somethiing cute and cosplay related?

Yes I'll add that stuff. I just wanted to show you the layout so you can get an idea where I am likely to put the text and such.

Thanks!
Marisa

CuteMew

Quote from: "angeljibrille"
Quote from: "gem2niki"Are artist staff allowed to participate? :P

Uh -- no? Because you already get free seats to the Masq if you want em ^_^;;

W-wait, are they also the same sort of "backstage"/perk type of thing?  How does this work?  *_*