General Times...

Started by zoupzuop2, May 02, 2006, 07:38:56 PM

zoupzuop2

Okay, I'm a generally scheduled guy. There's exceptions, but I enjoy a flexible schedule.
Such is the case with what will be my first convention, Fanime. Is there a general Opening time and closing time? Will it just be 96 hours of sheer anime/gaming goodness? Will there be closing times? At what time on Monday does it close?

If these have been addressed elsewhere, please let me know.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Spiritsnare

Opens (technically) 6 PM Thursday, really (technically) 12 AM Friday, and ends officially at 6 PM Monday, but there's usually extra things going on (there were still people playing DDR after the closing thingamabob).
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

neko ewen

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)
AFAIK you can pick it up any time during the con.

Generally speaking, at conventions things get rolling early afternoon on the first full day of the con (which for Fanime is Friday), and start winding down around 3 or 4 p.m. on the last day. There's always something going on before and after, but the meat of the con will be on Saturday and Sunday.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

phoenixphire24

I agree, most things don't get going until Friday afternoon, although they do start showing anime earlier than that. Hopefully there will be a schedule out soon (as promised) so that if there's anything you're interested in, you'll have a better idea of the timing.

Caskas_lyrik

so on Thursday if you did an early registration NOT pre-reg can you still pick up your badge?  And what is the latest to pick it up?

Thanks =D

Tony

Registration hours (as in, when you can pick up your badge on Thursday) will be online shortly.

I've got a metric crapload of web updates today...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014