Jo Jo's Bizzare Adventure Tourney

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 07, 2006, 08:26:17 PM

Asa_Gohan

btw...I cant believe this thread got revived...Who is the one who brought this thread back and how many pages back did you have to go?

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Ohsu

Quote from: "SohmaYuki"
Quote from: "Ohsu"I'm sure Dio and Jojo are top.

you'd be wrong...

Petshop is toppest of the top, then Kakyoin/Jotaro. My bad, Dio isn't top, but uppermid. But as of late, it seems more like Jotaro and Dio/black face Dio...Petshop I think is banned supposedly. Star Finger on wake up with Jotaro is too good.

Mariah and Joseph are actually low tier...Hol Horse is mid...Mariah is dead last...a 3rd of the cast is kinda worthless anyway.
俺の名を言ってみろ!

SohmaYuki

A-cho rankings on a game that was never taken seriously doesn't mean much.

Ohsu

There's still communities in Japan that still play this. They had All capcom game event at A-Cho again this year, and a game that's not taken seriously...yeah not as much as others, Toukishima, Osaka and whatever other place I forgot play this and even have their rankings/diagram for it, so there still is a competitive scene.

And a game not taken seriously? Well, SF EX2 isn't a game taken seriously, what do you think the tiers in that are? They've played EX2 and of course dropped it because it was horrible. D.Dark explosive mixups; Excel combos, excel off safe pokes, etc.
俺の名を言ってみろ!

SohmaYuki

Quote from: "Ohsu"There's still communities in Japan that still play this. They had All capcom game event at A-Cho again this year, and a game that's not taken seriously...yeah not as much as others, Toukishima, Osaka and whatever other place I forgot play this and even have their rankings/diagram for it, so there still is a competitive scene.

And a game not taken seriously? Well, SF EX2 isn't a game taken seriously, what do you think the tiers in that are? They've played EX2 and of course dropped it because it was horrible. D.Dark explosive mixups; Excel combos, excel off safe pokes, etc.

Yes, and tiers vary differently according to play amount. Look at Japanese tiers in MvC2 in Japan compared to tiers in MvC2 in America. The tier standings are totally different because the Japanese didn't like MvC2 enough to really figuire out everything about the game enough to make realistic tier lists in that respective.

Realistic tiers in overall usage, Jotaro is not top, because he's far too hard to use for like 99% of players of the game. And it's not a major offset of reasoning, it's just that his rush down game is harder to beat than most others rushdown. I find it funny that Bas and I were talking about Jojo 2 years ago at evo, because I like the game even though it's so terrible, and he said the same thing to me. It's fun but so bad.

Holhorse and Mariah are top because they're stupid easy to use and have the same infinites and 100% as everyone else but it's a little harder to land the infinites, but to play them, is far easier.

Ohsu

What are you talking about? The tiers in MVC2 in Japan and America are widely known who are the top tiers in that game. Mitsu came for Evo, and he even said it's an obvious fact that Sent, Storm, Mags, etc.

Japan actually played the game for a while, some shit here we got from Japan from the beginning (Guard Break, ROM infinite).

And what are you talking about that Jotaro is hard to use? If he's so hard to use, why are there so many Jotaro vids and tournies with hella Jotaros? Jotaro is NOT that hard to play lol. Nor is Dio.

And you can't just say HolHorse and Mariah aren't top tier because "they are easy to use." There's hella easy characters to use in other fighting games and they are NOT top tier. Sol isn't (besides Slash, but Ky is still above). Jack-5 isn't. Kage isn't. And infinites and 100%s? MvC2 has like 8429712 of them with most of the chars and are they top tier? No. Having a 100% and infinite doesn't make a char top tier. Characters in A3 have 100%s and resets with V-Ism, Cody, Sodom, Ryu, Sagat, etc. But are those 4 top tier? No. It's still Akuma, Sak. Consistency is a MAJOR factor. Yoshimitsu had an infinite in T2, but he wasn't top tier. It was a pretty easy one too, but he still wasn't top at all.

Petshop is by far the best. 1 meter is all he needs. Not even one meter, all he needs is BnB, THEN he gets his 1 meter into almost 80% combo for free. And wouldn't you think if HolHorse and Mariah were top tier, they would have been in finals for A-Cho or any vid? I don't think anyone's stupid enough to not use them if they're that good to win.
俺の名を言ってみろ!

SohmaYuki

Ugh...

Japanese tier listings have Ironman as top tier. He's playable, but barely. You know who else is top tier? Dhalsim.

Again, barely playable at best by US standards.

Everyone in JoJo has doable infinites in competitive play(vs. combo vids only) or 100%. Holhorse can land 100% with 1.5meter off s standing jab. And just zones with bullets all day and a full screen nearly instant super that leads into a 100%. Jotaro's and Dio's are dash in.

Why do you see so many Jotaro's? Because tiers say he is top tier, that's why. How many Eddie's were there in Japan in tournament, and a lot of them sucked during #R time.

In Xmen vs. SF who do you think is top tier? Realistically, it's Bison/Storm/Magneto. But so few people play Bison because he's fucking hard to play right(timing teleports and fly stances). But Mags/Storm is the majority of who people play. In most tier listings, Bison is top mid tier, even though he's better.

Petshop only needs one super and has super fast rush down. Mariah beats Petshop though, and quite easilly. Jotaro rush down is better than Petshops for the most part, but Petshop rapes Jotaro because all he can do is super to get out after one knock down, and after that one knockdown, mix up to hell.

Here's a funner example. Top tier in VS is Zabel and Sasquatch. Zabel is hard as hell to use, and only a few of the top players are Zabel players, the majority are Bishamon and Sasquatch. If you go by older rankings though, Zabel was mid.

Tiers seemingly are more based(most of the time) on popularity and how well they did recently over actual tiers.

Chloe

Ohsu on Chloe's account (accident wwwwww)

Quote from: "SohmaYuki"
You know who else is top tier? Dhalsim.

OH MY JESUS.

Sigh. I think I've heard enough =\

As I've said, Mitsu and Takayuki agree that now the tiers are pretty much the same both there and here.

And how is Sasquatch and Zabel being top tier funny? He has some pretty damn good normals. Sasq has a crazy rushdown game and some high priority normals.

And Jotaro is top tier. Yes, thanks for agreeing. That's why you DO see a lot of them.

And I didn't say Jotaro beats Petshop =\
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

SohmaYuki

MvC2 Japanese Tier ranking have Sim as top, I didn't write them, because I obviously know better in those terms. Sim and Ironman are probably the two most popular characters in Japan(back then and even now) and those two are both listed as top, along with Storm/Mags/Sent... You know who Japan also has as top Tier? Cyclops... why? j.RH and j+D.RH. Again, I didn't write these tiers, but that's what Japan has them at.

And you seemed to miss my point that popularity writes the tiers...

3S tiers changes almost weekly... But some weeks Dudley or Makoto will be in top instead of Ken or Chun. Why? Because in that weeks ranbat or major Kokujin(even though he's retired now ;_; ) and J would rape everybody. Yun is usually on top, because KO, Nissei and Nitto always just everyone.

JoJo's different than 3s, but more comparable to MvC2. Tiers aren't about who wins that week, or which characters are actually the best(since every damned character is so broken) but the popularity of it.

Here's a funner one... Who is top tier in ST outside of Vega and O.Sagat? Balrog... but he gets beat by Guile, Honda and Chun... Ryu rapes Honda but Balrog usually beats Ryu. Gief is almost 50/50 with every character. Sim beats the majority of the cast, but he's not considered top... Deejay is all around good, doesn't have a single bad matchup, but Ryu ranks higher.  To put it short, ST tiers mean very little, because all of them have counter characters.

Zabel is ranked high, but not many peopel play him. He used to be ranked mid tier... about 5th. Aulbath, Sasquatch, Bulletta were considered top. Zabel was ranked right above Bishamon for the longest time(and I'm a huge VS fan). It wasn't until about 8 months ago did Zabel go to second and sometimes even top above Sasquatch.

A-cho rankings change... nearly every other week. For games that had no following, the rankings don't mean much. In the states especially where the level of interest was near 0, tiers are different. And even in Japan the tiers are not that well set because no one really cared about that game. A few enthusiasts doesn't make a good basis for tiers, and "official" rankings don't mean crap unless the game is huge. Just curious though, which A-cho ranking guide did you use? The current one? Because the one from '2002 shows Petshop as Midtier, Kakkoien and Holhorse as top.

Ohsu

Sigh.

Weekly rankings don't mean a thing. It is basic knowledge that Yun is on top of evreyone, then Chun-Li and Ken. Because someone wins a weekly doens't mean tiers change or that means that character is better.

And as I've said. For the 3rd time now. Mitsu and Takayuki who are the top players in Japan in MvC2 agree with the tiers here. It is also common knowledge. And yeah, Cyclops is such a beast with those 2 moves alone. That's why he's owning up people as start char. Yes.

And popularity writes the tiers? Yes, because that means in evrey game Iori is in, fanboys and girls will rank him high and therefore he is top tier. Also that Ryu and Chun-Li are top tier in every game because they're SO POPULAR. Yes. I see your point.

And 2002? The community that plays Jojo are STILL playing Jojo. There are communities for hella fighting games in Japan, they're even still playing Fighter's History over there for christ's sake. World Heroes, blah blah blah whatever game yes there is some community. It's not a few people, there is a group of peolpe who play it, a good amount to know what they're talking about and doing. I don't think people are that stupid/scrubby in those communities.

http://chiba.cool.ne.jp/petshop/daiaguramu.html

That is the tier list I recently seen. Top 3 is Petshop, Kakkyoin and then Jotaro. Low is Joseph and worst is Mariah. Holhorse is mid. I can't read much else.

And Sim IS top. Rog beats Sagat. Sim beats Guile. And ST tiers are pretty important, lol.
俺の名を言ってみろ!

SohmaYuki

Quote from: "Ohsu"Sigh.

Weekly rankings don't mean a thing. It is basic knowledge that Yun is on top of evreyone, then Chun-Li and Ken. Because someone wins a weekly doens't mean tiers change or that means that character is better.
You'd be wrong... Ken ranks higher than Chun. Even Nuki has said that. Makoto's tier doesn't stand because of the character type she is. She is toptier, but she's also mid-tier, anyone who follows the game knows this.

QuoteAnd as I've said. For the 3rd time now. Mitsu and Takayuki who are the top players in Japan in MvC2 agree with the tiers here. It is also common knowledge. And yeah, Cyclops is such a beast with those 2 moves alone. That's why he's owning up people as start char. Yes.
OBVIOUSLY... THAT IS MY POINT. But what Mitsu and Takayuki say do not match up with official JP tiers. That's what I've been saying forever now. Official tiers != realistic and are more or less based off of popularity and play amount of the game. Jojo's tiers are not realistic at all in anyway shape or form. They are based on popularity, and who wins usually(which is based on them being better players since Jojo's characters are all broken). Holhorse and Mariah beat more characters than any other, but they have bad matchups(funnilly enough Jotaro beats both of them), but Jotaro loses to petshop and Kakkyoin. Jolhorse and Mariah beat Petshop and Kakkyoin.

And popularity writes the tiers? Yes, because that means in evrey game Iori is in, fanboys and girls will rank him high and therefore he is top tier. Also that Ryu and Chun-Li are top tier in every game because they're SO POPULAR. Yes. I see your point.
Why do people like you even talk? Fangirls and fanboys have what place in competitive play? Though... Iori has been top tier in every single KOF pre 2001. It's debatable about 2002. SvC, NGBC, and CvS1/2 were the only clear non top tiers and KOF 2001/2003. Well I dunno about Maximum Impact since those sucked nuts...

QuoteAnd 2002? The community that plays Jojo are STILL playing Jojo. There are communities for hella fighting games in Japan, they're even still playing Fighter's History over there for christ's sake. World Heroes, blah blah blah whatever game yes there is some community. It's not a few people, there is a group of peolpe who play it, a good amount to know what they're talking about and doing. I don't think people are that stupid/scrubby in those communities.
OH WOW, THERE'S A COMMUNITY... so? I've seen tournament videos for everygame, that doesn't mean much. Small communities do not equate to much. Look at MvC2. That has a community, and again, look at who the majority of that community plays? Sim/IronMan/Cyclops. OH YUS!

That is the tier list I recently seen. Top 3 is Petshop, Kakkyoin and then Jotaro. Low is Joseph and worst is Mariah. Holhorse is mid. I can't read much else.
And? This tier listing means what to me? Should I go look for my arcadia with the MvC2 tiers? Or hell even the 3S tiers it had? Should I go get the Gaming Mook for 3S which stated that Yun was low mid-tier and You-hou is his best super?
And Sim IS top. Rog beats Sagat. Sim beats Guile. And ST tiers are pretty important, lol.

Sim also beats o.sagat. Vega(claw), and Bison(Shadoloo boss) beat Sim though. But Deejay beats Vega. Gief beats Rog, and Chun does super good against everyone except shotos. Guile also beats Rog. Sim is top? Really now? Then how come everyone says O.Sagat, Vega, Rog are top? But Sim beats two of them... But Guile beats Sim.

So how is Sim top?

Look kid, I've been following fighting games since I was about 6. I've been to every Evo and I'm friends with all the top players. I've had 1 Japanese player throw up on me at B5, and I've beaten Bas in Z3 V-Gouki vs. V-Mika and he was totally shocked in awe. Only to have Chikyuu nearly double perfect me afterwards with V-cody ;_;.

It seems you think reading a few websites gives you a good understanding of what things are really like, but you don't have much actual experience in playing and crap.

Ohsu

Oh wow. Your post is just about as trashy and pointless as DPC. If you don't know who or what dpc is, then wow, yes you do know the fighting game community.

Actual playing experience? I hope I see you at fanime in the Arcade. Play me then, and play me in Jojo or whatever.

Wow. Arcadia. You know, they post tier lists both in the BEGINNING of when the game is released (around a few weeks) and AFTER. T5:DR they posted a tier list in the beginning, and it looks nothing like where it is today. They posted an ST tier list a long while back also, saying Honda is top and Ken is better than Ryu, etc etc. Learn to read!

That's all I need to say. And yes little boy, why do people like you even talk? You assumed like several different things about me plus more. LAWL. Go back to the picture thread and stir up some more pointless trash talking =\

And if you weren't reading or listening, the tier list I linked was RECENT. Are you some kind of idiot or something? You just asked where I got my info, and I gave it to you, then you throw it back like if you never had said it by saying "What does it mean to me?" Give me a break son!

Since you were six? I've been playing since I was...uh...5! Yup, that means I'm better than you! =]

You really think the majority of the MvC2 community plays Sim/Ironman/Clops? Are YOU SERIOUS. This is a serious question. I don't even know where to start about you either being the dumbest person here, or just the most naive. I guess you're probably one of those super otakus that analyze each and everything with nothing to back it up, just to soun cool =\

I'm glad that you think if a Japanese player throws up on you, it makes you a good player. Yes, he gave you some of his skill juice. I only hope that Tokido would take a crap on me so I'd have his skills. OH YUS.

And friends with ALL the top players? Please...

I've also been to almost all Evos as well. And you beat BAS V-Gouki vs V-Mika? I seriously doubt that since #1, I was there watchin BAS play a ton of his matches, and #2, Chikyuu didn't play V-Cody, he played A-Mika.

Sorry  :oops:
俺の名を言ってみろ!

SohmaYuki

Quote from: "Ohsu"
And if you weren't reading or listening, the tier list I linked was RECENT. Are you some kind of idiot or something? You just asked where I got my info, and I gave it to you, then you throw it back like if you never had said it by saying "What does it mean to me?" Give me a break son!

Since you were six? I've been playing since I was...uh...5! Yup, that means I'm better than you! =]

Tier lists mean little for a game that no one really played, and that's my point.

Jojo is about counter characters... in the same way that ST is. Ken *IS* better than Ryu against certain characters. ST tier lists suck, because the entire game is about counter character. And counter strats. A turtle Deejay beats Claw Balrog. Claw Balrog rapes about 80% of the cast. Deejay gets raped by og sagat, Shadaloo Vega, Honda... Etc. What part of that don't you get? I've had this talk with Sirlin, Valle, Watts, and S-kill. Hell there was a DeejayChun only convo for about 3 hours a week ago that I was apart of. There is a tier list in ST, but matchups are more important.

You really think the majority of the MvC2 community plays Sim/Ironman/Clops? Are YOU SERIOUS. This is a serious question. I don't even know where to start about you either being the dumbest person here, or just the most naive. I guess you're probably one of those super otakus that analyze each and everything with nothing to back it up, just to soun cool =\
Really? When was the last time you were in Japan, or know someone that was? My friend Jon is there right now and he was watching Marvel players, and... yes, majority of them play Ironman or Sim. What you are saying is based off absolutely nothing. You're just saying that I'm wrong, and I'm an established well known person with all of the older SRK/Capcom people. Hell, I was on the whois list of the old site which only had like 24 people...

I'm glad that you think if a Japanese player throws up on you, it makes you a good player. Yes, he gave you some of his skill juice. I only hope that Tokido would take a crap on me so I'd have his skills. OH YUS.

And friends with ALL the top players? Please...

Uh... the point of this comment is that, I know them, and I talk to them. I'm friends with basically all the older players.

Valle lives a mile and a half from me, he's known me since I was 12. Flipmeign was his old roommate and both of them were good friends with my brother. Valle used to work at SHGL alongside my brother, and I've been playing there since I was a kid. tragic and I were literally the beginning of Guilty Gear X in the US. SHGL was the first arcade to get zechs and tragic and I were pretty much the only ones that played it(when he came down to visit). Ponder and Ink-blot started playing XX along with tragic and Buktooth. I was the one that introduced ShinJN to the SRK crew.

I've also been to almost all Evos as well. And you beat BAS V-Gouki vs V-Mika? I seriously doubt that since #1, I was there watchin BAS play a ton of his matches, and #2, Chikyuu didn't play V-Cody, he played A-Mika.

Sorry  :oops:

In those finals, Chikyuu played A-Mika against Bas' V-Cody, but this wasn't what I was talking about. During casuals I asked Bas to play me, and I beat his V-Gouki with V-Mika. Chikyuu watched and was suprised as much as Bas was. Chikyuu played me after and raped me with V-Cody. Crowbait watched both matches.

If you were there you should also have seen Tragic and I break out a DC and Bas playing GGX with us on the floor of the arcade for like 2 hours at a time. You would also know that I brought a back pack full of things that a lot of people went through to pass time.

At Evo I was a pixel off from top 16 in igzechs against Row and it was a fluke. Link with May 5k 5S dolphin just to be safe. 5k landed 5S didn't come out. IAD, and I got hit with 6P and I died.

Would have played against Mago's Faust, who I raped in casuals like 20 times the night before when we were playing in their hotel room. If I did, I woulda made top 8.

Yeah... but you're right, I don't know anyone. Haha I remember Evo2k4 the first night I ended up getting so trashed because everyone had me drink with them. I started with just a drink with Heidern, then ended up taking sake shots with RUN, only to have BMORECHUN make me takes shots, to team texas' room where i drank like 4 beers and then the night got blurry from there, ended up waking up in team Florida's room the next morning.