Parking?

Started by lolitadesu, May 08, 2006, 05:31:06 PM

IamTetsuo

So it's $21 a day for Marriot hotel guests with in out privilages.  How much for no in/out privileges?

Tuplica

I don't think there's a choice as to whether you have in/out privilages or not.   I think you just do, and it's a flat fee.
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

IamTetsuo

:x GRRRR!!!! $21 a day!!!
I'll just haul all my stuff into the hotel from one of the free parking lots!

Wait is the convention center parking $10 a day or $10 for the weekend?

lolitadesu

^
$10 a day.  :(

LunaNeko

What if I park in Public parking on Friday before 6 pm and leave like at 9 pm - will I have to pay? Or nobody going to be at the gates at that time??? Or will they make me pay when I park? I only went to Fanime during weekend, so I always parked near by in  Public Parking Garage, this year I am going Friday afternoon as well, so I was just wondering...

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "LunaNeko"What if I park in Public parking on Friday before 6 pm and leave like at 9 pm - will I have to pay? Or nobody going to be at the gates at that time??? Or will they make me pay when I park? I only went to Fanime during weekend, so I always parked near by in  Public Parking Garage, this year I am going Friday afternoon as well, so I was just wondering...

I think you have to pay the hours before the free parking takes effect after 6 p.m, so you will pay for the 1st 3 hours then it is free. I hope I'm right on this.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

YoureMyHiro

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "LunaNeko"What if I park in Public parking on Friday before 6 pm and leave like at 9 pm - will I have to pay? Or nobody going to be at the gates at that time??? Or will they make me pay when I park? I only went to Fanime during weekend, so I always parked near by in  Public Parking Garage, this year I am going Friday afternoon as well, so I was just wondering...

I think you have to pay the hours before the free parking takes effect after 6 p.m, so you will pay for the 1st 3 hours then it is free. I hope I'm right on this.

Your right but if its only 3 hours its not going to cost you much, 2-3 dollars, give or take.

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

drallcome

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php
Fanime Member since 1999

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

lyricaldanichan

Hilton parking was $14 a night and I thought that was expensive.. sheesh Marriot parking is too $$ and that is on top of it being valet only ie tipping the valet.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

When I parked my car inside the convention friday and took it out monday afternoon, the grand total was 30.50. To me it was steep as HELL (compared to 10 bucks last year ;_; ) but to hear others had to pay far more, damn! Good piece of advice: if you're gonna go to Fanime, carpool with at least someone else, so the price doesnt seem that high.

That parking lot, if memory serves me right, can take about...700-800 vehicles at last check from a eye view. I could be wrong.

Suggestion for next year - I know this is gonna be a big pain in the arse, but is there a way to lower parking prices?
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Mordyan

Tthe convention center parking was $10 a day which is not bad. There is a lot right across the street from the con that is $5 a day BUT you have to go and buy a single day pass each day (it lasts till midnight).

I didnt get there early enough friday so I had a parking ticket on my car. So I said f*** it and moved my car into the convention center parking.

alkaline

So.. parking this year?

I've parked at the same lot every year for three years and it's been about $5 bucks a night, but I get really sick of having to go back and forth every night to renew it.

Does anyone know how much the convention center parking will cost this year? The convenience of not having to shove money into a machine at midnight every night seems worth the extra money this year.

Mordyan

Quote from: "alkaline"So.. parking this year?

I've parked at the same lot every year for three years and it's been about $5 bucks a night, but I get really sick of having to go back and forth every night to renew it.

Does anyone know how much the convention center parking will cost this year? The convenience of not having to shove money into a machine at midnight every night seems worth the extra money this year.

Check out:
http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=4925

It has info on parking for all the hotels and convention center. Looks like it will be 10 bucks a day again for the convention center parking. Only $12.50 this year for the Marriot with in/out privliges... since I am staying there that could be cool.

If you need access to your car though for storage, etc. I would recommend the convention center parking lot.

elfgirlkaname

for some reason I remember Ive always paid like 19$ a night for parking in the marriot garage and now I know that vallet will be cheaper 12.50 even if I have to tip so I'm doing that this year, also parking at the hotel you are sleeping at makes it so much nicer!! when I went to Dollectable in 2008 (it was in downtown SF) it was a big hassle when we parked just a couple blocks away, we had to haul all our luggage all the way to the hotel and it was a hassle to get out when we left, we had to wait at the garage entrance for the person to get there to let us in! so after that I definately think that the convienence of parking in the hotel is worth the extra money, especially when they just add it to your hotel bill ^^

Kuromi_Kat

Ok I am really on a limited budget lol... I LOVE Fanime, can not pass it up. Is there any parking? Free would be rad...

M

http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.html is a really good resource for this. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any free parking that is close. :(
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

EJAY420

you WILL NOT find free parking. Even if u do, be sure it doesnt require some kind of permit.
Most Impressive.

Kuromi_Kat

ok  :/ thanks...

I can hitch a ride with a friend or something, or possibly take public transit no problem at all lol.