SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

JTchinoy

Yes, there's a brawl tournament.
I unfortunately can't enter.  :'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 12, 2008, 08:30:45 AM
Who kicked you out?
>.>;
<.<;
xD

Barnes

Too bad theres no Smash Balls in the Fanime Brawl tourney.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

JTchinoy

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 12, 2008, 04:57:39 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 12, 2008, 08:30:45 AM
Who kicked you out?
>.>;
<.<;
xD
Someone has to facilitate the tournament. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Asa_Gohan

Ey...I wouldnt mind coming by and running the tournament...I wanted to run my own again this year since the last one went to the sh**ter.  Double Elimination and no one wanted to stay for the losers brackets =< 

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

JTchinoy

hey, lets the real players through losers now doesn't it? :P

it's ok, i'll run it.  i'm not a melee player so all the veterans would eat me alive. =X  and unless you're staff you can't run it. :(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mango Bunny

Quick question for you all... On the master schedule it says there's smash going on on Saturday.... Is that a specific event like a tournament, or just the schedule feeling like informing us/reminding us people will be smashing? If there is a tourny coming together when will it be?

JTchinoy

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Time:Sat/2pm-4pm

+32.person.cap
+3 stock, 2/3 games
5minute time limit

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

NeoValkyrion

"I'm here to kick ass and play card games. And I'm all out of cards."

JTchinoy

be by the registration table or where the brawl consoles are at 5 minutes before the listed start time.

my boss wants to be very anal about time and unlike what i stated in my tournament thread, and anyone who is more than 2 minutes late will be dropped.

you can also email my boss (asuka245) to get on pre-registration.  he has a thread in here about pre-reg.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 08:28:34 PM

be by the registration table or where the brawl consoles are at 5 minutes before the listed start time.

my boss wants to be very anal about time and unlike what i stated in my tournament thread, and anyone who is more than 2 minutes late will be dropped.

you can also email my boss (asuka245) to get on pre-registration.  he has a thread in here about pre-reg.
BY the way...I suggest 7 minute 3 stock instead of 5..5 is WAY too short...Also you should re enforce neutral stages only to make the matches go by faster.  You wouldnt want someone running around on New Pork City shooting arrows till SSD would you?
By the way, the neutral stages are the following
Final Destination
Smashville
Battle Field
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
and possibly Delfino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise, and Pokemon Stadium 1

JTchinoy

battlefield is the 4th tourney stage? i only knew the other 3, i knew i was missing a 4th.

Depending how many people we have, i may do 7 minutes.  I have watched many matches that can end in 4 minutes easily. 5 minutes will stop all of that stupid hit and run stuff i see and make them go for the throat.  If there aren't too many i'll do 7 minute, but that's asking a lot.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Asa_Gohan

Well 7 is a bit much...But either that or 6 minutes if possible.  Cause I play a VERY defensive style and my matches usually end up at 5:40 because of the way I play...Dont get me wrong, I dont do a hit and run kind of style.  Well sort of...I like running up the platform, having them chase me and then I take advantage of them cause players act stupid when charging in recklessly.  So yeah. 
Also how could you not have guessed Battlefield was a tourney stage o.O?  I mean look at it.  1 floating platform with 3 on top.  And nothing changes...If that doesnt scream tourney legal then I dont know what does >3>;;

JTchinoy

that's your style for playing and it's not time efficient.  you'll either have to figure out how to kill them fast or how to keep more lives than them before the time runs out.

i'm not 100% sure on sure, but i think we only hold 1 match per round, not 2/3 since you have 3 stock.

can someone verify? i'm confused on it.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

narutofan17

I so hyped up about the tournament! Sadly I haven't been able to practice cause I've been workin on my cosplay.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

JTchinoy

do a 1 on 3 with 3 level 9 computers that are teamed together.  that'll get you into shape QUICK.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 20, 2008, 03:47:05 PM
do a 1 on 3 with 3 level 9 computers that are teamed together.  that'll get you into shape QUICK.
You know... I have a hard enough time beating one level 9....
And I"m sorry. x_x;
I haven't gotten around to playing Brawl...

JTchinoy

it's ok, i can't even beat 2 level 9's. :P

if you can separate them it's not bad, but if they're together you're essentially screwed.  that or i suck that badly myself. :(  i was able to juggle both when i split them apart but after they died they spawn together and... pwnage recommenced.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

narutofan17

3 level 9! o_O!!! No thank you. I'll stick to just one. XDDDDD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X