SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Tsubasa

-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

BP!

If anyone doesn't mind, I'd post the updates here. If you think it's excess, just let me know and I'll stop.

Today's SSBB Update:

June 26th - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley

"The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley"
[1:28]

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/images/sound070626a.swf

Composition Supervisor: Koji Kondo
Arrangement Supervisor: Michiko Naruke

• The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
• Check your volume settings.

Among the songs played in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time were many famous tunes that had a profound effect on the future of the series.

We’re using those songs in an extravagant medley hereâ€"it’s the preeminent Zelda listening experience!

And to think this will be played in-game. I think that’s just fantastic.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

BP!

June 27th - Banana Peel

Yes, banana peels... You don’t, um…think they’re too much of a cliché, do you?

I mean, when a banana peel gets dropped, everybody pretty much knows what’s going to happen next.

Oh... She threw it.

You’re gonna slip! Trust me, you’re GONNA slip!

See?! You slipped!

I wonder if this joke is understood around the world.

Slipping and falling on your backside... Ouch!
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

BP!

June 28th - Names

You can enter individual names for each player. Start by just entering a name.

This time, enter it like you would on your cell phone!
You can also use random names.

Once it’s entered, choose your name for your character on the character-selection screen before you begin fighting.

The character-selection screen is still a secret!

This time, names are extremely important. That’s because we’ve included personalized button configurations.

We’ve made this game compatible with four different controllers:

You can change button configurations for each one for each registered name, and alter those configurations any way you like.

Assigning personal button configurations each time you fight would be a bit of a pain...but if you just choose your name from the list, BAM! You get to play with your preferred configuration! There’s no waiting!

We’re also considering allowing you to save your name to the memory in your Wii Remote so you can bring your settings with you to your friend’s house...

But if we can’t make that happen, I apologize.

Spiritsnare

WHERE IS THE HIRAGANA AND KATAKANA INPUT

NOOOOOO
epic progressive

vox

BP!

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"WHERE IS THE HIRAGANA AND KATAKANA INPUT

NOOOOOO

Look at the circling arrows. That might be to change between ABC and Katakana and Hiragana.

BP!

June 29th - Wario: Special Moves

<Side Special Move: Wario Chopper>

Wario’s side special move is the Wario Chopper. He jumps on and starts racing!

Vroom! Vroom!

Tilt the Control Stick in the opposite direction of your movement to pull a 180. Use an attack button to jump off.

Axle turn!

Only one motorcycle will appear on screen, so if you fall off, run back up to it and climb on again.

Where’s my hog?!

<Down Special Move: Wario Waft>

Oh, and Wario’s down special move is the Wario Waft. That is to say, he passes gas.

This particular special move builds up power the longer you go without using it.

If you haven’t held it in, it’ll be a cute little poot.

But when you hold it in as much as you can...?!

In this case, patience really is a virtue.

Barnes

He passes more gas than I do, almost. :o
Yay, Haruko.

Simna

Spiritsnare

Using the JP version to show JP name entry is cheating. :3
epic progressive

vox

Barnes

Samurai Goroh is not playable. He is an Assist Trophy.
XD
Yay, Haruko.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Barnes"Samurai Goroh is not playable. He is an Assist Trophy.
XD
yea, he's only an assist trophy, but hes in the smeggin' game! thats still pretty damn cool.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Spiritsnare

So, like, Assist Trophies are like un-Pokéballs? This is madness.

Madness that I look forward to.
epic progressive

vox

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"So, like, Assist Trophies are like un-Pokéballs? This is madness.

Madness that I look forward to.
they're pokeballs....but without pokemon; they are pokeballs, but they're not.

in a nutshell: I Can't Believe It's Not Pokemon.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

BP!

July 2nd - What are Assist Trophies?

What’s an Assist Trophy?!

Well, these are characters who appear to aid the fighter that called them forth. Basically, they’re guest characters separate from Smash’s playable roster!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.

In any case, you won’t know who is in an Assist Trophy until you use it.

Take the capsule and hold it high!

A Hammer Bro appears!

As you can see, he throws his famed hammers!

Actually, the Nintendog you saw in the E3 movie is also an Assist Trophy.

Aw.... Isn’t he cute!

You’re probably thinking that a Nintendog is a pretty poor assistant, since it blocks your view, too.

That’s fine. He’ll help calm your mental state.

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

July 2nd - Samurai Goro

Here’s Samurai Goro, Captain Falcon’s rival. He’s an F-Zero Pilot. He wears the number five.

At last, Samurai Goro stands on the battlegrounds of Smash.

He just cuts, cuts, cuts away with the blade at his hip.

A reckless slasher of his enemies, Samurai Goro is not a man you want on your bad side.

By the way, the majority of Assist Trophies are invincible. Trying to fight back is useless, so just run away.

July 3rd - Bowser

The biggest and the heaviest of fighters, Bowser has a slightly different flavor this time around!

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

BP!

All I can say about today's update is this:

SEAKING! **** YE...

I mean...

THE BOWSER CHALLENGE IS BACK BABY! AW YEAH!

Also, sorry for not posting yesterday's update...well, yesterday. Couldn't use my computer when the update was made.

Asa_Gohan

But thing is, will people care for bowser and will he be a better character or worse

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

BP!

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"But thing is, will people care for bowser and will he be a better character or worse

Speaking of Bowser...

July 4th - Bowser: Final Smash

<Giga Bowser Transformation>

What?! You can control Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. Melee?!

It’s Bowser’s Final Smash!!

Bowser grabs a Smash Ball! TRANSFORM!

Whoaaa! Talk about a change!

He’s huge! And tough!

What, you think just because he’s huge, you can needle him with lots of little attacks and keep him off balance? Heh heh... Yeah, you keep thinking that.

He must be invincible!

You can only be Giga Bowser for a short time, though, so you’d better take your enemies out while you can. Bear in mind, too, that while escaping from Giga Bowser, fighters might decide it’s a good strategy to pick off the stragglers in his wake...

Simna

too bad one final smash happens each round....i would love to giga bowser dittos