SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

Asa_Gohan

though remember thats just normal melee...There might be a special melee with infinite smash ball

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

BP!

July 5th - Smash Attacks

There’s a variety of attacks in Smash Bros., and they all involve some combination of strength and direction. Let me start here by talking about strength.

Standard Attack

If you just press the attack button, you’ll perform a standard attack. These are generally speedy.

Strong Attack

When you tilt the stick in a direction, you’ll do a stronger attack in that direction. These attacks usually have longer reach.

Smash Attack

Now, if you simultaneously tilt the stick and press the button, you’ll do a smash attack. These are powerful!

Since the name for smash attack is derived from the game’s name, you can assume they’re pretty important.

Swiftly tilt the Control Stick left, right, up, or down, and simultaneously attack! When you link the feeling of this control with the result of sending an opponent flying, I think you’ll start to see the crux of this game.

At first, don’t overthink things. It’s OK to just tilt the stick and mash some buttons. Ease yourself into it.

By pressing and holding the attack button during a smash attack, you can build up power. Power up and unleash it when the time is right!
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

BP!

July 6th - Bridge of Eldin

This area appeared in the Wii game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you’ve played that title, you ought to remember this place.

The terrain is flat. I mean, really flat.

And the enemy leader, King Bulblin, makes cameo appearances. Occasionally, he uses bombs to blast holes in the stage.

Run! It’s King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo!

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

Whoa! Just like the original game!
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

Tsubasa

Hopefully smashes are still bound to the C-stick.  I like my quick, reliable smashes.  And smashes out of dash. :3
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Asa_Gohan

Blue Impulse

If I can't smash with the C-Stike I probably won't play as much, I don't want to have to relearn the god damn controls.
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

BP!

July 9th - Standard Combos

Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won't change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.

It will vary a bit by character, of course, but in the case of Fox...

Press and hold the attack button to do consecutive jabs.

Press the button repeatedly, or just start hitting your enemy to initiate the combo.

You’ll transition smoothly into his Rapid Kick!

The game will be compatible with a variety of controllers, so I've gone a tad easier on the button pressing.

Of course, each character will have variations. While some may do repeated rapid jabs, others may simply do three slow swipes with a blade.

Meta Knight is somewhat unique. His standard attack is an unbelievably rapid sequence of slices. Just press and hold the button to unleash a rampage.

Hee ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!

This guy needs to calm down.

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

BP!

July 10th - Dr. Wright

What? You mean THAT Dr. Wright? The one from the SNES version of SimCity? Well, I guess Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the kind of game where anyone can show up and anything can happen!

"Hold on a second! What are you guys doing here?!"

"Starting today, you’re the mayor!"

Suddenly, skyscrapers pop up out of nowhere!

Fighters are completely blown away by the skyscrapers that just shot up underneath them.

Awesome. Now THAT’S what I call city-building.

July 11th - Bumper

What?! Is this... Could it be?!

It’s the Bumper from the Nintendo 64 version of Super Smash Bros.!
Back again after a whole nine years... Well, I’ll be.

Ahh... That really takes me back.

This is the kind of bumper you might see bouncing a pinball around. So if a character touches it, he or she will get knocked around as well!

Watch out for those bumpers once they’re set!

Now you can set them in midair as well. This might lend itself to a few new and interesting strategies.

Of course, just keeping people from making it back to the stage should be the most obvious use.

And don’t just set it randomly and wait for an opponent to walk into itâ€"try to use it wisely in combination with your own attacks.

Asa_Gohan

YEAH WE GOT A RELEASE DATE FOR DECEMBER 3RD!!!!

BP!

July 12th - Donkey Kong

It’s Donkey Kong, ruler of the jungle. The original giant powerhouse makes a triumphant return!

Looks like his giant punch is still the haymaker you remember. Don’t doubt his strength or you’ll end up with the ultimate headache!

July 12th - 15 Second Movie Presentation

This is Sakurai.

I can now say that the North American launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been decided.

It is...

I am working with all my might, so please wait just a little longer!

Oh, I've also prepared a short movie that lets you see a little of the game. It's short, but I hope you'll enjoy it.

(Click the image to watch the video, I made the image the link.)

BP!

July 13th - Smashville

Wait a second... Is this...an Animal Crossing stage?! And the name...well... Go ahead and poke fun if you must.

This should be a familiar sight to Animal Crossing fans.

It’s very clearly the world of Animal Crossingâ€"even the changing scenery of day and night is determined by the Wii’s internal clock.

This is not the relaxing pace of any small town I know...

Hmm, it sure is dark.

And what do you think of all those guests hanging out? There sure are a lot. It’s like they all came to watch the big event.

And look, there’s the busy barista, serving coffee to the spectators.

But there’s more...

If you play a match here on Saturday at 8PM...

Oh, I’m too excited to even say it!

That’s right, a live performance. It’s a good time to be alive...

Spiritsnare

YES THEY REP BOB THE METROSEXUAL CAT

LAWL
epic progressive

vox

BP!

July 16th - Star Fox: Space Armada

"Star Fox: Space Armada"[0:48]

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/images/sound070716a.swf

Composition Supervisor: Hajime Hirasawa
Arrangement Supervisor: Kenji Ito

•     The copyright for this music is held by Nintendo.
•     Check your volume settings.

A different arrangement of this song appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee, so some of you may already be familiar with it. I love the way it conveys the atmosphere of an epic showdown.

And the word "armada" refers to a large fleet of ships, of course. Though I always chuckle when I hear it because it sounds like my colleague’s name, Mr. Amada.

More than anything, though, what comes to mind are the courageous figures of Fox and friends as they fight a heated battle against an entire fleet of hostile ships.

BP!

July 17th - Deoxys

Now, this one is popular. This is Deoxys, a DNA Pokémon. It appears on command from a Poké Ball!

When Deoxys appears, it hovers gently in the air.

It slowly turns around...

And unleashes Hyper Beam!

Hyper Beam is truly awe-inspiring. I’d avoid it at all costs, if I were you.

BP!

July 18th - Samus: Final Smash

<Zero Laser>

Don’t fire! Do NOT fire that laser!

Why? ...Well, because it really hurts!

MAXIMUM CHARGE!

Now, fire! Whoa, that’s huge!

That weapon is extremely powerful. Her opponents’ damage meters skyrocket!

...But afterward, Samus has a problem.

All of her armor fell off!

Now she’s just Zero Suit Samus.

That really was her last trump card. She used a weapon so powerful, it destroyed her Power Suit.

Now it’s time for Zero Suit Samus to show what she can do.

It looks like you can throw the pieces of her suit that end up on the ground.

Hey. Stop that... QUIT IT! I mean it!

Take that!

Me: THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED

BP!

July 19th - Zero Suit Samus

When Samus destroys her Power Suit, she’s left with the Zero Suit. What she’s lost in power and weaponry, she makes up for in speed!

Once she turns that Paralyzer in her hand into a whip, she has quite a long reach as well! Not exactly the straightforward fight you thought it was, huh?

Stormfalcon

Now that does pose quite a quandry...on the one hand, you don't want Samus to use that Zero Laser on you since it's going to hurt.  A lot.  On the other hand...mmmm....Zero Suit Samus...
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

BP!

I haven't been on the computer all weekend, heck, I wasn't even on the computer on Thursday night, so I didn't see the update until the next day on my phone.

I'll post the last 2 updates in the afternoon.