SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

FinalShadows

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on November 28, 2007, 08:06:53 PM
There's only one thing I'm a tad sad about.

They seem to be neglecting Luigi and some other "slight-variation" characters that were still fairly important. D'ya think they'll leave 'em out for good?

They could be unlockables just like SSBM =P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Jerry

Wasnt the roster expected to be easily over 30 now?

then again personally a roster of about 24-ish would be good...

sometimes TOO many characters would be a bad thing because of balance issues.

what would REALLY be interesting would be like a double/switch out teams?

or maybe more assist characters (sorta like the poke ball but other random nintendo chars)

of course that would be a bit choatic, but who says SSB isnt already?

Maybe in the future generations of the game... who knows? updates via the internet?

that would be cool too... throw in Mii's and then whats gonna happen?  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Asa_Gohan

Speaking of which, I went to a SSBM tourney up at SJSU today....And AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG I havent been more excited for smashing in a long long long long long long long long time! The adrenaline rush of landing those combos, landing those Rests! OMG its orgasmic whenever I land a rest! xD

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Spalding

Is all about anime and fanime.

sunrise-oasis

YEAY an omfg it happened again XD!!!!!!

I guess the creators can't help it but still want to add more....IM just soo shocked and surprise it is delayed again......is this the third time delayed? december 2nd, Febuary 22nd, now March 9th !!!!!

Otaku_Princess

Kandybar

Whhhhhy must they keep moving it back?  I think it's slowly driving me crazy er than I already was.

narutofan17

SSBB is taking over all my excitement from Fanime XD. I think I check Smash Brothers Dojo about everyday. Do I have a problem? XDDDDDDDDD

Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Asa_Gohan

For the past 4 years Ive been going to fanime, Ive just locked myself up in the gaming room.  And I promised myself I wouldnt do it again T3T

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on January 23, 2008, 03:57:38 PM
For the past 4 years Ive been going to fanime, Ive just locked myself up in the gaming room.  And I promised myself I wouldnt do it again T3T

I don't blame you.

For the past x years numerous people have just confined themselves to the gaming room.
epic progressive

vox

narutofan17

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on January 23, 2008, 03:57:38 PM
I actually never went to the game room that much except for last year. To be honest I didn't know smash brothers was so competitive. I got the wake up call when I got my ass whooped. I had to change the way I played so I guess now I can compete...maybe T_T

Side note: Here's an updated video if you guys are interested. It's in Japanese so you won't be able to make it out unless you speak Japanese.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Asa_Gohan

Did you join that cheap tournament I tried holding last year? xD God was it a flop...Half of the people didnt show and thought they were eliminated after the first match when it was double elimination ._. On the other hand it was like 2 in the morning so I dont blame them for leaving.

narutofan17

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on January 29, 2008, 06:05:06 AM
Did you join that cheap tournament I tried holding last year? xD God was it a flop...Half of the people didnt show and thought they were eliminated after the first match when it was double elimination ._. On the other hand it was like 2 in the morning so I dont blame them for leaving.
Dude, I'm so sorry about about that. My friends ended up dragging me to that cosplay show. It was coo but I really wanted to be in that tournament. You should try it again but not have when there is a big major event goin on. After seeing when "real" smash playing was like I've been trying to train like crazy. I didn't even know what SHFFLing was until a couple a days ago. I was always curious how people that played smashed did all that shit. I think thats another reason why I wasn't in the game room that much. After I got my ass handed to me in smash I was like wtf, I didn't know people were so serious about smash like that. I've been practicing though (I played all day trying to learn that  technique and when I woke up the next morning I couldn't close my hand. I think I was trying too hard XD) but my whole thing will we be able to take what we know from melee and use it in brawl?

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

abcbadcat

I've been following a webcam feed from someone with the leaked game in Japan... SPOILER ALERT!!!

[Highlight to see spoilers]
35 character roster: Mario
Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Game & Watch, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Pit, Meta Knight
Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Snake, Peach, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, King DeDeDe, Lucario, Ness
Sonic, Bowser, Wario, Captain Falcon, Olimar, ROB, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Wind Waker Link (young Link), and one unknown... (Most likely Wolf from Star Fox but no one knows yet)

Gannondorf's Final Smash is his demon form
Captain Falcon's Final Smash is him getting into his F-ZERO car and running people over
Falco's Final Smash is the same as Fox's
Ness' Final Smash is the same as Lucas'
Lucario's Final Smash is a huge Aura Sphere

I DO have pics if anyone wants to see them.

sunrise-oasis

would be nice and interesting..but kinda dissapointed with the roster if tis becomes true..remember, SSbB MAy get second thoughts and remove characters without the audiences approval. My biggest fear is modifiers for the wii... example, HOPEFULLY if it gets wifi, they might make some kind of special coding for PRo action replayers (I know there is no such but if there is, it will be JUST like POKEMON and Animal crossing!, UNFAIR GAMEPLAY)...

still, Im just hoping Zelda is abit stronger and not too light, I usually play her because I love her shiek form, its fast, abit weak but fun to play with, zelda is more of a Just-incase-i-can-not-hit-hard!...

Plus im getting tired of magazines saying SSBB this, and that, Its saddening to re-read their comments of reviews and RE-previews...
if this delay keeps going its going to be as good (or better) than twilight princess's Delay..)

ya know just for once, I AM hoping the stagebuilder gets more improvements...knowing this it may be a huge DUD just like nights's A-i-land dream areas....
IM hoping more customized items (like at least 30 good ones) besides Tables ladders and chairs (BESIDES LADDERS AND STAIRS ad a block!!!)For example...
I wanna add a background...because sometimes seeing a level will make it too..transparent..like you wanna add some trees and some shrubs combined next to a ladder or a stairs!
I mean i do't want a custom level with just plain monochrome colors!

note:: Btw...you never counted Zelda's Second form......Sheik is missing from the list!!!and yes the brawl site mentioned her name!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sheik.html  <= im pretty sure THe team made her from the first delay because making a character DOES takes alot of effort and time!!! so ONE of the delays pays off...Im pretty sure she was  made during the first or second delay!!!

Asa_Gohan

Quote from: narutofan17 on January 29, 2008, 07:48:09 AM
Quote from: Asa_Gohan on January 29, 2008, 06:05:06 AM
Dude, I'm so sorry about about that. My friends ended up dragging me to that cosplay show. It was coo but I really wanted to be in that tournament. You should try it again but not have when there is a big major event goin on. After seeing when "real" smash playing was like I've been trying to train like crazy. I didn't even know what SHFFLing was until a couple a days ago. I was always curious how people that played smashed did all that shit. I think thats another reason why I wasn't in the game room that much. After I got my ass handed to me in smash I was like wtf, I didn't know people were so serious about smash like that. I've been practicing though (I played all day trying to learn that  technique and when I woke up the next morning I couldn't close my hand. I think I was trying too hard XD) but my whole thing will we be able to take what we know from melee and use it in brawl?
Hahaha, wow, I dont even train that hard anymore.  I just work on my mindgames and spacing now.  Well, and then combos....But thats about it lol

abcbadcat

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 29, 2008, 09:45:52 AMnote:: Btw...you never counted Zelda's Second form......Sheik is missing from the list!!!and yes the brawl site mentioned her name!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sheik.html  <= im pretty sure THe team made her from the first delay because making a character DOES takes alot of effort and time!!! so ONE of the delays pays off...Im pretty sure she was  made during the first or second delay!!!

Shiek is in the game but not as a seperate character from Zelda.

35 "selectable" characters but more if you include the three forms of Pokemon Trainer, two forms of Samus, and two forms of Zelda/Shiek.

Barnes

QuoteCaptain Falcon's Final Smash is him getting into his F-ZERO car and running people over

*Drools on the desk* :o
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

sunrise-oasis

Quote from: abcbadcat on January 29, 2008, 02:15:53 PM
Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 29, 2008, 09:45:52 AMnote:: Btw...you never counted Zelda's Second form......Sheik is missing from the list!!!and yes the brawl site mentioned her name!!!

35 "selectable" characters but more if you include the three forms of Pokemon Trainer, two forms of Samus, and two forms of Zelda/Shiek.

you still have to apply them to either zelda/Shiek and Samus/z.s. Samus, oplayable yes but selectable..well, lets see how nintendo pulls this off because noramly you can select SHIEK while holding (A) think that might applies to samus by holding (B)

Otherwise your list is still going to be far from complete....
Even if the roster spoil is up....!?!SOME characters MAY be removed!?!

Also I thought Rob might be more of a helper!, I don't know if its true but I kinda have a hard time beleiving him to be a playable character!, If he was "The Ancient Minister" maybe I might beleive him to be unlockable...but thats like saying "unlocking the WIreframes" from Melee...."

(Wii Optical Discs can hold up to 8.5GB.. now then..heres the #1 question...HOW Much information do you think brawl will hold!)

note** you sure its not . Alot of fans have been point her out instead of Wolf 'o' donnel!, I mean, common...HOW MANY FEMALE selectable characters are in brawl as oppose to male...!!!!!

abcbadcat

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 29, 2008, 02:36:59 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on January 29, 2008, 02:15:53 PM

you still have to apply them to either zelda/Shiek and Samus/z.s. Samus, oplayable yes but selectable..well, lets see how nintendo pulls this off because noramly you can select SHIEK while holding (A) think that might applies to samus by holding (B)

Otherwise your list is still going to be far from complete....
Even if the roster spoil is up....!?!SOME characters MAY be removed!?!

Also I thought Rob might be more of a helper!, I don't know if its true but I kinda have a hard time beleiving him to be a playable character!, If he was "The Ancient Minister" maybe I might beleive him to be unlockable...but thats like saying "unlocking the WIreframes" from Melee...."

(Wii Optical Discs can hold up to 8.5GB.. now then..heres the #1 question...HOW Much information do you think brawl will hold!)

note** you sure its not . Alot of fans have been point her out instead of Wolf 'o' donnel!, I mean, common...HOW MANY FEMALE selectable characters are in brawl as oppose to male...!!!!!

It has not been checked if the "hold A for Shiek with Zelda" thing works yet but that is NOT the case with Samus/Z.S.Samus (has been tried at the first official nintendo demo event)

The roster IS the final roster.

About the final character, it could be Krystal or Wolfe, that character slot has not been confirmed yet.

Here is a pic of Falcon's Final Smash