SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

Barnes

I did too! I've Captain Falcon already!  ;D

Sorry to Moogleborg though at the tourney.  :-\
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Sunara Ishi

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

mDuo13

Got it last night, played nearly 6 hours of 4-man duels, now working my way through Subspace Emissary (~33% done).

I've unlocked:
Quote from: spoilerNess, Marth, Falco, Sonic, Luigi...

nabechu

sunrise-oasis

same here from san francisco..although im kinda shocked to see alot of people waited in line for the game (136 people!)

shortpachoo

Got mine at midnight launch at Gamestop, but they were slow ringing up people trying to sell them the guide and other stuff.  Paid in full and still had to wait in the line, should of had separate lines. Also not too many people there and I got there shortly after midnight.

So far I think I got about 8-9hrs on there, and 25-30% on Subspace Emissary, but no online or vs match yet.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Kandybar

I played for about eight hours yesterday - today my thumbs hurt. :D

My GameStop was really slow too - talk about inefficient.

OniCourseMusha

Even though I'm like 49% on the Subspace Emissary, at least I got to unlock solid snake.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

abcbadcat

I didn't buy the game but I went with friends for the tournament.

I lost in the first round in sudden death and my friend got to the final round but lost due to the opponent having the "curry" item.

Good times though.

Kandybar

Ah, curry.  Awesome when you have it.  Sucky when you don't.

I have to say, the Smash Ball is about my favorite thing in the world.

mDuo13

Quote from: Kandybar on March 10, 2008, 02:12:52 PM
I played for about eight hours yesterday - today my thumbs hurt. :D

My GameStop was really slow too - talk about inefficient.
Oh man, Nintendo thumb! That brings me back to when I used to play on my friend's NES.

Up until I went to sleep last night, I had been playing Brawl for over 50% of the time since I acquired the game. Played half of SSE and something like 226 brawls, and like 30ish event matches (and 12 co-op events). So good.

Funny thing is, I'm still missing 3 characters (gotta either finish SSE or play another 224 brawls... heh).

Kandybar

Seriously?  Oh man, I am never going to unlock everybody at that rate.

mDuo13

Oh, I was mostly playing Brawls during that time, and some event modes. Subspace Emissary only took like 8 hours or so - I just was waiting on my suitemate 'cause we were playing co-op - we've now finished it.
BTW, I've unlocked all the characters now. Still got some stages and miscellany that I'm sure will take forever. God, some of these are gonna take forever (beat all the one-player modes with every character... yeesh).

OniCourseMusha

I finished SSE and unlocked all characters so far.  Now I just want to go Trophy and sticker hunting.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Barnes

Yay, Haruko.

OniCourseMusha

I just played against wolf in the ruin on SSE.  There should be a door right after you get pass through the crystal needle traps.  Be careful not to lose against him or else u have to start the level over.

So far I just unlocked all the stages and i have to unlock all the music.
Kraken Con Staff

otakuya

You might need to finish SSE first then go back to the ruins for Wolf. Or play like some hundreds of VS matches.

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: Otakuya on March 13, 2008, 12:01:07 PM
You might need to finish SSE first then go back to the ruins for Wolf. Or play like some hundreds of VS matches.
Forgot to post that, hahaha. Thanx.
Kraken Con Staff

Barnes

Quote from: Otakuya on March 13, 2008, 12:01:07 PM
You might need to finish SSE first then go back to the ruins for Wolf.

Thats what I did. Thanks guys.

Playing this online is fun, even though I have a lag problem (slow internet speed, vcr hookup and Wavebird=  :o )
Yay, Haruko.

Asa_Gohan

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...