SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

NobuxD

Heh.. I'm definately trying for best PTrainer in at least CA if that's possible.. xD

rctan9

Quote from: xiaomei on March 23, 2008, 10:25:42 AM
hmm.. is it just me or is Diddy Kong really really really bad? >.<

Haha, sorry, uber late response. I main Diddy, I think he is really really good, here's a pretty neat combo video showing you some of his better plays.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zxFkTdCbRTg

Rei-Rei

I'm playing as Ike right now and that seems to be my favorite character. ^^

JTchinoy

I'll stick to my pokemon trainer. :)
I was going to use snake, but his slow ass doesn't do me well against fast guys like metaknight.  Also having no safe air moves SUCKS.  all his crap has lag when he lands.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xiaomei

Snake is pretty good once you get the hang of him ^o^ But I guess you could say that for any character..

Ike annoys me, especially online when all people do is spam that side attack @@
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

JTchinoy

Quote from: xiaomei on April 06, 2008, 10:18:03 AM
Snake is pretty good once you get the hang of him ^o^ But I guess you could say that for any character..

let's see you beat metaknight in an air battle with snake XP

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2008, 12:17:32 PM
Quote from: xiaomei on April 06, 2008, 10:18:03 AM

let's see you beat metaknight in an air battle with snake XP
Metalknight is jsut annoying... He never dies..... >.>;

JTchinoy

Noob question... how does everyone avoid dying by being smashed to the side?  My friends somehow brake enough to avoid being smashed to death.  The same smash at the same % kills me because I can't stop like them.  Do I just hold guard or something?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

You could hold guard, but if you're flying around it's not possible...
Some characters have reflect (such as fox).
While what I do on kirby is go stone form.

JTchinoy

no... it looks like they're just standing there or air dodging and they magically avoid being killed from the ejection of the smash. Hard to tell.

I need to ask my friend later. Oh and Ivysaur razor leaf into running smash is a good combo. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

I just tried playing as Snake. He's awesome.

JTchinoy

ok, now play against a good metaknight and report back. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Rei-Rei on April 06, 2008, 07:01:14 PM
Snake seems to be a wee bit slower that Ganon and Bowser with his aerial attacks.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JTchinoy

Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 06, 2008, 07:31:07 PM
Snake seems to be a wee bit slower that Ganon and Bowser with his aerial attacks.
by whee bit do you mean u get totally killed if someone blocks them? then yes.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Jumping and avoiding Metalknight is annoying, and usually unavoidable.
I'm a bit disappointed with Kirby, he used to be awesome in Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo 64.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 06, 2008, 07:35:12 PM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on April 06, 2008, 07:31:07 PM
by whee bit do you mean u get totally killed if someone blocks them? then yes.
take snakes forward+a aerial, compared to both ganon and bowser's. snake's attack takes a short time to perform(its kind of like a charge aerial), while the other two fighters pull it off immediately.

a good maneuver with snake is after you perform his dash+A attack; as soon as the animation finishes, you can guard roll backwards/forwards immediately. its probably already known, but still a nice move.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Rei-Rei

Snake's even better when he gets a smash ball.. >.>;
Personally one of my favorites...

JTchinoy

because they use smash ball in tournament. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Snake is very VERY vunurable in the air and with metaknights uair... you are toast.
As for Snake, one of the best things you can do is use ub then drop the c4 and detonate it before you land and that'll throw people off
Also... drop a grenade where you are, dodgeroll in a direction and most players will roll into the grenade to attack you.

Ike is just plain annoying, his usmash sweeps left, right, and up directions.
Since his sword is so big you can't make contact to his body.

Against Ike, I use Kirby who can suck him up during attack or Pikachu and jump in while using nb to disrupt smashes or any other charge attacks.

To avoid side smashes, you can run up, just hold guard, or down guard then punish with a grab.

Kirby's stone form is pretty nice unless your opponent guards, dguard then punish you with a grab.

I can't stress this enough... USE GRABS!

Rei-Rei: How serious of a smash player are you? Kirby is an amazing... AMAZING character in this game... he has so many abilities and diversity and dgrab does an easy 14% and is chainable.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X