SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

xiaomei

Pikachu is awesome ^o^ Especially for combos

I usually like to grab, up throw, up smash, thunder :3

Using the aerial DownA while someone is holding on the ledge is useful too, especially since you can QA back on

What I highly dislike is not being able to do anything after QA @@;;
就算世界 與我為敵 我超喜歡你 !

Rei-Rei

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 07, 2008, 01:48:44 AM
Rei-Rei: How serious of a smash player are you? Kirby is an amazing... AMAZING character in this game... he has so many abilities and diversity and dgrab does an easy 14% and is chainable.
Dgrab?
Uh. I'm not really a serious player since I jsut began two days ago. Though I played it on the 64 a lot back then.
I just play it for fun, not competitive at all.

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2008, 01:55:26 AM
Go squirtle!!
Psht.
Go bulbasaur!!

I have a question about snake's kneel and shoot big guns thing........ Uh... I tend to do unconsciously... And since people know I don't know how to stand up, they tend to pick on me before I can "explore."
1. How do I put him in like that?
2. How do I shoot?
3. How do I stand back up?

JTchinoy

side+b is the remote rockets.

you control it with your stick.  to cancel controlling the rocket (in which point it'll fall straight down, hint hint) you just hit block.

squirtle's too good.  I wish ivysaur and charizard could compare. >_>

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 07, 2008, 10:37:41 PM
side+b is the remote rockets.

you control it with your stick.  to cancel controlling the rocket (in which point it'll fall straight down, hint hint) you just hit block.

squirtle's too good.  I wish ivysaur and charizard could compare. >_>

Squirtle >>>>>>> Ivysaur >> Charizard

They all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

THREE CHARACTERS IN ONE! BLASPHEMY!

JTchinoy

razor leaf into running tackle ftw. or up throw into bullet seed. hahahaha

charizard is such a sexy power house though.  i don't care if he's slow. side smash, grabs, nair, and fair. :)

nothing beats squirtle's shield dash into up smash though. >_>

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

<3 Bullet seed against Yoshi's B+ down move. ^^

JTchinoy

i just realized hitting back+b while running with squirtle is a different kind of withdraw that acts kind of like a shield dash... except less recovery after.  i still can't figure out how to use it whenever i want.  it's good for running at someone then cancelling back to catch their shield roll and up smashing them.  i haven't pull it off myself but i've seen vids and i think it's 1 reason squirtle's so good.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Asa_Gohan

dash dancing with squirttle is also good...Dashing one way then instantly the other way.  I think doing that causes him to do like a slip and slide kind of motion.  Oh and he retreats into his shell and slides the opposite direction of which you were going and then you can do a D-smash or whatever out of it

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

JTchinoy

Quote from: Asa_Gohan on April 12, 2008, 08:41:23 PM
dash dancing with squirttle is also good...Dashing one way then instantly the other way.  I think doing that causes him to do like a slip and slide kind of motion.  Oh and he retreats into his shell and slides the opposite direction of which you were going and then you can do a D-smash or whatever out of it
Yeah I realized it was just hitting run in the opposite direction and not a reverse withdraw an hour after I posted, lol.

Depending on the timing, you can slide across the entire platform.  On average I can reverse at the edge of the platform and glide 3/4 map but release an up smash at center stage.  It's hella fun to do and a good trick for people chasing you to the edge.  I saw it in a pro video. =X

also, when you cliff hang and your opponent edge guards, tap side to fall off then do your recovery move. saw it in a pro video too. =X  example: hanging on ledge with squirtle but opponent is like 1 pace away from ledge, drop off then do up+b. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

kay0ss

Squirtle's little up-smash glitch with his dash is tooooo good. Covers SO MUCH room <3.

abcbadcat

Quote from: kay0ss on April 23, 2008, 12:24:04 PM
Squirtle's little up-smash glitch with his dash is tooooo good. Covers SO MUCH room <3.

What glitch would that be?

kay0ss

Quote from: abcbadcat on April 23, 2008, 12:33:31 PM

It involves his turnaround motion. While running, when you tilt the opposite way, Squirtle goes into his shell to turn around. During the first frames of the motion while he's turning, immediately UP-SMASH and Squirtle will go FLYING in that direction while performing his up-smash :>

clawmaster

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

JTchinoy

Quote from: kay0ss on April 23, 2008, 01:35:42 PM
Quote from: abcbadcat on April 23, 2008, 12:33:31 PM

It involves his turnaround motion. While running, when you tilt the opposite way, Squirtle goes into his shell to turn around. During the first frames of the motion while he's turning, immediately UP-SMASH and Squirtle will go FLYING in that direction while performing his up-smash :>
I call it reverse gliding but i think that's the wrong term.
Yeah, squirtle also has a ridiculous "dash dance" using his ability to turn around.  at any moment you can make a turn of the dash dance turn into a flying up smash.  when you hold up smash, u can glide anywhere from half to 3/4 final destination platform length.  you also can glide further than where the smash is, effectively doing a 100% safe smash.

my friend hates me because after i upsmash i just dash dancing into a dash throw/ gliding up smash/ short hop kick mixup.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

I haven't played Super Smash Brothers Brawl for a week now... >.>;
I feel deprived, somewhat... Lol.

JTchinoy

hmm im gonna play in a bit against some level 9 comps, lol. (no friends to play against)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Sachiko

There better be a BRAWL tournament at Fanime! ;D I'm a Link user, and he isn't the easiest character to master, but it's a fun challenge.
~*~Sachiko

JTchinoy

If we have prizes, then yes there will be a brawl tournament.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Asa_Gohan

OOO PICK ME!?!? ILL HELP MANAGE! Despite my last one being a flop cause everyone thought it was single elimination, and some people dropped out...Bleh...

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...