SUPER!! SMASH!! BROTHERS!! BRRAAWWWLLL!!!

Started by Asa_Gohan, May 10, 2006, 10:35:00 PM

JTchinoy

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 04, 2008, 02:20:46 AM
Quote from: Chris on May 04, 2008, 12:19:56 AM
Hey guys!
Anyone wanna play, my brawl code is 4768-7109-7806! :D

I would but I had to give my friend his Wii back...

Oh and I can't deal with the .02 SECONDS OF LAG!!!

Like a small imput lag like that would matter, we are all (mostly) in California which would mean very good connections with very minimal lag.

I mean its not like we are playing Third Strike or anything where lag REALLY matters.
I know who's not winning Brawl. :)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Sygmus

When I play online, I adapt a little to the lag while attacking, but what it really does to me is trip me up when I'm trying to recover, especially as Peach when I try to float, only to discover a second later that I don't have any more float, or Pikachu when I move the joystick to quickly and end up going the wrong way.  Online's okay, but playing in person is a thousand times more fun.

Can't wait to play at Fanime!  I'm also looking forward to seeing some people from my old school that I haven't seen in quite a while.  We used to play Melee all the time between classes.

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Barnes on May 04, 2008, 12:28:18 PM
Hey guys!

I'll add you today, my code is in my sig.
I'll be seeing you sometime today. >.>; xD

abcbadcat

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 04, 2008, 09:08:52 AM
Quote from: abcbadcat on May 04, 2008, 02:20:46 AM
Hey guys!

I would but I had to give my friend his Wii back...

Oh and I can't deal with the .02 SECONDS OF LAG!!!

Like a small imput lag like that would matter, we are all (mostly) in California which would mean very good connections with very minimal lag.

I mean its not like we are playing Third Strike or anything where lag REALLY matters.
Uh, it does matter.
It's not as fun to play when you hit a button and the character delays before actually performing that move.

Yeah, you have to learn to adapt.

Sygmus has the idea.

Yes playing in person is way WAYYYYYYY better but if you can't, you can always just do the second best thing.

JTchinoy

because i'm going to enjoy my matches with that stress feeling in the back of my shoulders CONSTANTLY reminding me that i have to subconsciously compensate for that lag, right?

I've had enough of that stupid stress feeling from Tekken DR online, I don't need it again in brawl.

And I somehow doubt i'll be able to instantly throw someone after they attempt a smash with that lag. example is rob, where you have only a couple frames to grab him after a down smash before he can spam out another one.  and don't tell me to predict the end of the down smash, that just relates to the stress feeling i mentioned.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

abcbadcat

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 06:27:37 PM
because i'm going to enjoy my matches with that stress feeling in the back of my shoulders CONSTANTLY reminding me that i have to subconsciously compensate for that lag, right?

I've had enough of that stupid stress feeling from Tekken DR online, I don't need it again in brawl.

And I somehow doubt i'll be able to instantly throw someone after they attempt a smash with that lag. example is rob, where you have only a couple frames to grab him after a down smash before he can spam out another one.  and don't tell me to predict the end of the down smash, that just relates to the stress feeling i mentioned.

Like fighting games aren't stressful in the first place?

The only thing that really bothers me with lag is I can't chain grab or short hop as well.

JTchinoy

I think only noobs really stress over fighting games (this includes myself when I'm terrible at games).  I only feel stress when I don't understand the game very well so everything is a clusterfuck of omg wtf just happened?  This applies to me playing guilty gear against good players. :P in brawl and tekken? not an ounce of stress. :D

I don't feel stress when I play good players at games I'm proficient at.  I'm just more focused analyzing everything and being more careful.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 08:12:58 PM
I think only noobs really stress over fighting games (this includes myself when I'm terrible at games).  I only feel stress when I don't understand the game very well so everything is a clusterfuck of omg wtf just happened?  This applies to me playing guilty gear against good players. :P in brawl and tekken? not an ounce of stress. :D

I don't feel stress when I play good players at games I'm proficient at.  I'm just more focused analyzing everything and being more careful.
I don't feel stress at all when playing ANY games.
No matter how much I suck at it. xD
I prefer to have a lot of fun and play all the characters I can, even if I don't win. It's epic when I actually kill someone. It's one of those pure luck moments.

JTchinoy

Do you still mash buttons? that doesn't help. o.o

when you gain a precision understanding of the timing of games, you'll understand the stress feeling.  I talk to other good players who hate online and they know this feeling.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 09:27:38 PM
Do you still mash buttons? that doesn't help. o.o

when you gain a precision understanding of the timing of games, you'll understand the stress feeling.  I talk to other good players who hate online and they know this feeling.
I mash buttons all the time. ^^
Though I never felt stressed.
Though I have in a couple of games, and that was when I partially knew what I was doing.
Still, I understand the whole lag time issue and yeah.....
I'm a wishy washy person when it comes to games. It just depends what game and who I'm playing with. ^^

JTchinoy

meh, you MIGHT understand one day.  until then XP

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 05, 2008, 10:37:03 PM
Why would I be stressed over? xD
It's a game of mashing buttons for me... ^^

Jerry

Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 06, 2008, 07:45:10 AM

some boys and girls take playing or winning seriously.

nowadays for myself i just have fun with it, and laugh at the random things that can happen on screen.

the best is evar popular pause the screen and caption this! sorta scenario.
you get some pretty funny moments

or if your old enough, play drinking brawl.
if you lose take a shot.
if your winning too much take more shots.
nothing like a drunken brawl and smashing buttons for good times.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JTchinoy

Well being competitive, obviously the main purpose is to win.
Once you get enough skill, however, you play at a high caliber but you have fun since it's a lot easier to play at a high level.  I have plenty of fun having my ass handed to me in Tekken or barely beating people at Tekken.

I think Bronson stone cold stunnered me 8 times with King last time I played him (like 20 times the time before that).  Each one accompanied by the Stone Cold middle fingers. :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Rei-Rei

Since I still suck, it becomes a burden for my cousin when he's trying to clear zones in the adventure mode...
It's so hilarious, I end up wasting his lives even, so when he plays, he picks all the characters I like so we'd have a chance.

narutofan17

Hey guys what's up. I haven't been on the forums for a while because those damn glomp post were pissin me off. What's goin down with Brawl at Fanime? Can anyone update me?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Barnes

For me, Final Smashes are still fun to use.  ;D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Barnes on May 06, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
For me, Final Smashes are still fun to use.  ;D
It is fun, but when someone else gets a cheap final smash.. It's no fun. Like Fox's long lasting Final Smash.... >.>;

narutofan17

Quote from: Jerry on May 06, 2008, 08:13:13 AM
Quote from: Rei-Rei on May 06, 2008, 07:45:10 AM

some boys and girls take playing or winning seriously.

nowadays for myself i just have fun with it, and laugh at the random things that can happen on screen.

the best is evar popular pause the screen and caption this! sorta scenario.
you get some pretty funny moments

or if your old enough, play drinking brawl.
if you lose take a shot.
if your winning too much take more shots.
nothing like a drunken brawl and smashing buttons for good times.  :D
LOL!!! I've done it before. Only difference is me and my friends had come back from a party and were already drunk. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

perv

Ooh there MUST be a brawl tournament! THE FIGHT IS ON!!