6 (27.3%)
Worse than in previous years.
4 (18.2%)
About the same.
12 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: May 22, 2006, 12:29:33 AM

G.I.R

Well, it's that time of year again.  The weather is getting warmer, the humidity is up, and many people will soon gather into closer quarters at the SJCC for Fanime 2006.
   And altho it has been brought up before, There always seems to be individuals that need to be reminded, or made aware of controlling their "Fan-boy Funk".  Here is a list of warning signs to take notice of...

If you just rode into town, after a ten hour road trip to Fanime with five of your friends in that small car without air conditioning, you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If its day two of Fanime and you get on the elevator with a group of people, that immediately get off at the first available stop, leaving you behind, you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If your over night kit consists of a comb, and cologne,  you might have Fan-boy Funk.

"Why do birds suddenly disappear, every time you are near?"  It's not a bad omen,  you may have Fan-boy Funk.

When you walk thru the concourse,  do people keep checking the bottoms of their shoes?   Then you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If on Sunday your still wearing the same clothes you wore on Thursday,  you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If you pulled an all-nighter in the hentai room,  you may have Fan-boy Funk.

That vendor in the dealers room you just bought that DVD from with tears in his eyes.  Were those tears of joy over a cash purchase, or is it  Fan-boy Funk?

If you are in a video room, watching the second story in  Katsuhiro Otomo's "Memories", do people turn around and point at you?   Then you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If you haven't bathed since Wednesday,  you may have Fan-boy Funk.

If people start saying to you "You stink!",   GET A CLUE!!!  YOU'VE GOT FAN-BOY FUNK!

So remember boys, and girls: "Attend, don't offend."

YoureMyHiro

It has been better in recent years, now instead of intense B.O. I smell intense B.O. smothered in old spice. Slightly better.

Rabite

I keep a mini Axe spray on me for extreme situations.
I also keep a lighter on me for extreme extreme situations.
WWYD4P Krew 05/06 & Pocky Raver Extraordinaire
"Whats your glowstix got on my pockystix? Hallways, Elevators, We break it down anywhere."

Tuplica

After reading the first line and a half, I heard the rest of the whole damn thing being spoken by Jeff Foxworthy...

And that's pretty damn funny.  Good list, too.   :lol:
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "Rabite"I keep a mini Axe spray on me for extreme situations.
I also keep a lighter on me for extreme extreme situations.

I do the exact same thing.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

G.I.R

Quote from: "Tuplica"After reading the first line and a half, I heard the rest of the whole damn thing being spoken by Jeff Foxworthy...

Well, y'know, the say imitation is the most sincere form of plagiarism.  :lol:

Last year I posted a top ten list in the "Taming Fan-Boy Funk" topic.  Maybe next year (god forbid if nessecary) I'll post a "You know what grinds my gears?" list.

EDIT:  The link to the other FBF topic: http://www.fanime.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2885

Ruby

Ahah. xD that was le awesome, G.I.R.! Great job.

I hope people decide to shower more this year and not just cover teh stench with deoderants.  :roll:

Soap and water are your FRIENDS DAMMIT. FRIIIIIIIIIENDS.
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

serajwl

darkstar

There's this thing called soap -- even in the bathrooms.  :)

I also plan to bring my own deodorant, since I have to keep myself from falling into the fan-boy funk.

Kazuko

D:< complimentary showers for fan boy-funk!!!

D: it nearly makes me vomit cause i was sandwiched before at music fest

Lisu

Hmm....I just know I'm going to get all self-conscious now...
Showering at least once a day is enough....no?

MeliCat

Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"It has been better in recent years, now instead of intense B.O. I smell intense B.O. smothered in old spice. Slightly better.
O.o *dies* I may need a medical mask this year... BO + Old Spice= Insta-Death

Kazuko

Quote from: "MeliCat"
Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"It has been better in recent years, now instead of intense B.O. I smell intense B.O. smothered in old spice. Slightly better.
O.o *dies* I may need a medical mask this year... BO + Old Spice= Insta-Death
x: same here hehe gothic lolita with a medical mask <3

zoupzuop2

Y HLO THAR SHOWERS!

Seriously, is it THAT hard to get your hands on some soap, shampoo and deodorant?

'Course, I've never been an official Fanboy yet (by conventional terms, ZOMG LOLZ I MAED A FUNNY), so I don't know how bad the answers can get.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Rapture7thHomunculi

Please. Any guys thinking of bringing Axe....And using it...For the sake of the girls like me....Don't. Please. Axe or Old Spice, there's gotta be something else. And while I'm sure there were worst cases than last year, when I was there, it was annoying. I couldn't breath through my nose. Whatever idiot decided to put out those Axe commercials where the girls attacked whatever guy had it on him was an idiot because that stuff is HORRID. I'm just asking. Mainly so that my allergies don't flair up and so people don't look at me weird as I breath with my mouth.

Old spice and/or Axe (of ANY kind) = Death level 1

Axe/OS + trying to cover horrid BO = Death level 2

Cramped in Music Fest or an elevator with any of the above equations = Free Get into Heaven ticket from Death level 666. Seriously.

Then again you could just shower once in the morning and at night and it won't matter. Something quick. Soap required.  From the not Stereotypical fangirl: thank you.
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

Dagger-6

I just wanted to concur with that sentiment.  Axe does not replace showering.  I've spent the last several months in small rooms with sweaty guys and I cannot stress enough that no matter how much crap you spray around, in the end if you don't shower, it is noticable.

10-15 minutes out of your day is worth it.  For your sake and for the sake of others.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the power of the internet.  And maybe some sort of crazy super-rodent.

IamTetsuo

I have come to the conclusion that there is something about conventions that cause some people to lose their sense of smell! :o
These poor folks can't even tell that they stink, so it is our duty to let them know!  So if you notice someone has a bad case of fan boy funk let them know: pinch your nose, make sure to do it in a very obvious and showy way, then stare at the nasal offender until he or she gets the clue!
Alternatively you could yell "Hey stinky go take a shower!"  Then throw things at him/her until he/she goes away (hopefully to find a shower).

Maybe fanime should provide free shower facilities, and by free I mean mandatory.  :twisted:

neko ewen

For my part, I'm twice as careful about hygeine during conventions. The heat and humidity of late May make it all but required anyway.
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Tuplica

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Please. Any guys thinking of bringing Axe....And using it...For the sake of the girls like me....Don't. Please. Axe or Old Spice, there's gotta be something else. And while I'm sure there were worst cases than last year, when I was there, it was annoying. I couldn't breath through my nose. Whatever idiot decided to put out those Axe commercials where the girls attacked whatever guy had it on him was an idiot because that stuff is HORRID. I'm just asking. Mainly so that my allergies don't flair up and so people don't look at me weird as I breath with my mouth.

Old spice and/or Axe (of ANY kind) = Death level 1

Axe/OS + trying to cover horrid BO = Death level 2

Cramped in Music Fest or an elevator with any of the above equations = Free Get into Heaven ticket from Death level 666. Seriously.

Then again you could just shower once in the morning and at night and it won't matter. Something quick. Soap required.  From the not Stereotypical fangirl: thank you.

This has been said in so many ways so many times over the past few months (particularly with the No to Axe sentiments) that it ought to be plastered into the Fanime booklet.  I remember at least once there being a section on "PLZ TAKE A BATHKTHX" but, uh, it'd actually be helpful to add this! And funny! ...And sadly true! X_X
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

darkstar

Quote from: "Kazuko"D:< complimentary showers for fan boy-funk!!!

D: it nearly makes me vomit cause i was sandwiched before at music fest

I'd be all for that.  Heck, I'd use it too.