12 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: May 22, 2006, 12:29:33 AM

Emerge

ONE MORE TIME WITH THE FAN-BOY FUNK!!!

*random bass*

8-[

FanFicGuru

Those found guilty of intense fanboy funk should be ejected from Fanime until they take a shower.

Intense meaning that people within a 30 feet radius experience dizziness and may faint.

Which, sadly enough, I have encountered on a number of occasions.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

drallcome

Anyone got a link to the old Sakura Con "fomy" Shockwave movie?  That would sum it up.  "SHOWER"
Fanime Member since 1999

G.I.R

Acctualy, it was for A-Kon, and is called  "Rules for the Masses".  It used to be viewable on illwillpress.com, but it's not on their list anymore.  However, You can buy it on a DVD from  ill will Press (Neurotically Yours Volume II).

Caskas_lyrik

there is HONESTLY no way to "TAME" fanboy funk...some people are just stinky...I mean they go and play DDR, etc. non-stop and the hotel room is ONLY meant as a container to put all the junk you buy in the dealer room and POSSIBLY change once every two days..

I mean it has all BEEN tried...from deodarant to offering the use of your shower..to perfumes...and it finally came down to FEBREEZE and if that didn't STOP the funk...then my friends...NOTHING CAN BE DONE!!

I suggest bringing nose plugs and breathing through your mouth...

last year at the MusicFest...everyone got up in the isles to dance on stage and UNFORTUNATELY for me I got stuck next to a guy who I doubt put any type of hygenic body funk retardent on since he got there..I nearly passed out everytime he lifted up his arms to cheer...thank GOD it was the end of the performance another arm lifting and they would have had to call the ambulance... :evil:

zoupzuop2

Y HLO THAR FANNY PACKS WITH DEODORANT!

BTW, I have a funk song I'd like to attribute to this thread until the end of FanimeCon '06.
It's the bottom song on the list.
It's not essentially accurate or relevant, but... it's a tribute to Funk, be it musical or fanboy-based.

And, yes, I'll be bringing a fannypack in which to store some... essentials.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Barnes

I normally shower twice a day, sometimes three times. I'll get Bounce sheets and a gas mask ready.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Zain

If you smell someone, knock them out and bring them to the back of the convention center. I'll be there with a fire hose and paintballs filled with soap.
2007 Staff (Facilities, IT, Website, Publications)

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"Please. Any guys thinking of bringing Axe....And using it...For the sake of the girls like me....Don't. Please. Axe or Old Spice, there's gotta be something else. And while I'm sure there were worst cases than last year, when I was there, it was annoying. I couldn't breath through my nose. Whatever idiot decided to put out those Axe commercials where the girls attacked whatever guy had it on him was an idiot because that stuff is HORRID. I'm just asking. Mainly so that my allergies don't flair up and so people don't look at me weird as I breath with my mouth.

Old spice and/or Axe (of ANY kind) = Death level 1

Axe/OS + trying to cover horrid BO = Death level 2

Cramped in Music Fest or an elevator with any of the above equations = Free Get into Heaven ticket from Death level 666. Seriously.

Then again you could just shower once in the morning and at night and it won't matter. Something quick. Soap required.  From the not Stereotypical fangirl: thank you.

I quite agree. Although I do enjoy the smell of Axe, covering BO with an insane amount is literally too much of a good thing. It can even be worse than the BO, espcially for people with allergies. Just take a shower! You're paying for the hotel room, you might as well use the water and soap.
:)

IamTetsuo

Quote from: "Zain"If you smell someone, knock them out and bring them to the back of the convention center. I'll be there with a fire hose and paintballs filled with soap.

Consider it done.  *makes sure to pack a hammer for whacking nasal offenders on the head with*

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

ChenCzen

maybe you wont smell to your own nose, but you might be unwittingly offending the nostrils of others.

THAT is part of the problem with the funk at cons. you dont smell bad to yourself, the same way you put on cologne and cant smell it anymore... you get used to it.
Except for ending communism, slavery, nazism, and fascism, WAR HAS NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING!!

pockystix

Personally, I'd rather have a guy wear something from Bath & Body Works rather than AXE or the like. Yeah, it's girly, but it's the bishie scent. XD Of course, we prefer you take a nice shower WITH shampoo & soap [at least] before putting any kind of scents on yourself.

If NO ONE LIKES -> FUNK, and if YOU = FUNK, therefore NO ONE LIKES -> YOU.  D:

Quote from: "Kazuko"
Quote from: "MeliCat"
Quote from: "YoureMyHiro"It has been better in recent years, now instead of intense B.O. I smell intense B.O. smothered in old spice. Slightly better.
O.o *dies* I may need a medical mask this year... BO + Old Spice= Insta-Death
x: same here hehe gothic lolita with a medical mask <3

Hey, the perks of a medical mask is that you can dress up like the female Yazuka. XD

Quote from: "G.I.R"Acctualy, it was for A-Kon, and is called "Rules for the Masses". It used to be viewable on illwillpress.com, but it's not on their list anymore. However, You can buy it on a DVD from ill will Press (Neurotically Yours Volume II).

Archived A-kon flash :wink:
New sn = Meirin

deepbluevibes

(removed per privacy policy)

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well my employer says that I HAVE to take a shower every day so....^^;;

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "pockystix"Archived A-kon flash :wink:
For the WIN.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"
Quote from: "pockystix"Archived A-kon flash :wink:
For the WIN.
I can't believe i've never seen that.

asterisk*

unless youre on a ridiculously unhealthy diet or have medical conditions,
sweat shouldnt smell bad x.x
its the bacteria that grows with the aid of moisture....
aka, shower = saves others' lives.
also, use deodrants that reduces moisture and bacteria growth effectively
rather than those strongly-scented ones...
dont cover the funk. kill it XD

as a last resort, shaving underarm hair minimizes bacteria growth too. :D
---
no hope no future; life is just awesome
http://nhnf.deviantart.com
---

Raydere

I shower every day so I never really worry about it, unless I play DDR or Para Para. What I'm mainly worried about is back sweat and it sticking to my shirt >_>
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

butterflyz

My friend ,Julie who went last year, said to bring Axe or Tagg and spray the guys who smell when they werent looking...
I didnt because I though I'd be rude