Funny Cosplay Stories, Anyone?

Started by sheikfreak, May 16, 2006, 03:57:43 PM

Rette

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"PIIIIIIIINK! *_* I wanna see a picture of the pink haired Kenshin :cry:

Well you weren't the one I was gunna ask for a dance last Fanime, but still nice enough to ask to dance this year =P

Hehe, I thought so...  :lol:
Might've been a problem anyway cause I can't dance!  :lol:

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "Rette"
Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"PIIIIIIIINK! *_* I wanna see a picture of the pink haired Kenshin :cry:

Well you weren't the one I was gunna ask for a dance last Fanime, but still nice enough to ask to dance this year =P

Hehe, I thought so...  :lol:
Might've been a problem anyway cause I can't dance!  :lol:
]
Neither do I...but with the ball thing going on with the slow songs I think we could wing some slow dancing ^^;; We could even crossplay at the ball together XD

sheikfreak

I sure hope my costume is worthy of hugs...I haven't finished it yet...

How many of you have ever been hugged by a stranger at Fanime? It tends to happen a lot...

You guys are actually right about fangirls not caring about gender. I got hugged in my Kouga costume even though I was obviously female. I just thought it would be kinda funny to surprise someone who thought I was a guy in the Kakashi outfit...except my voice is the only thing that would really give me away and it's not even that high. :lol:
Down seven, up eight, and still falling...

sheikfreak

so when exactly is this ball that you guys are talking about. It sounds fun, but I've never been to it before.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "sheikfreak"I sure hope my costume is worthy of hugs...I haven't finished it yet...

How many of you have ever been hugged by a stranger at Fanime? It tends to happen a lot...

You guys are actually right about fangirls not caring about gender. I got hugged in my Kouga costume even though I was obviously female. I just thought it would be kinda funny to surprise someone who thought I was a guy in the Kakashi outfit...except my voice is the only thing that would really give me away and it's not even that high. :lol:
I would SO give you a hug ^_^

Well they're not quite sure about the date yet. It's under "Ideas and Suggestions". It's gunna happen...we're just voting on what times, because it might interfere with Music Fest or Der Cosplay or other stuff ^^;

sheikfreak

Thanks  :P . I really hope I can go. Do you know where its held exactly?

Excuse my ignorance  :(

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "sheikfreak"Thanks  :P . I really hope I can go. Do you know where its held exactly?
Sure. For the price of a pic of you hugging me of course :wink:

sheikfreak

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"
Quote from: "sheikfreak"Thanks  :P . I really hope I can go. Do you know where its held exactly?
Sure. For the price of a pic of you hugging me of course :wink:

Haha! The world could use more hugs. Dress up as Iruka and we might get a mob of photographers...maybe :shock:

ILuvHeijiHattori

I saw Ed Elric in a mini skirt O_O

sheikfreak

Quote from: "ILuvHeijiHattori"I saw Ed Elric in a mini skirt O_O

Why am I never there for the good stuff? :cry:

ILuvHeijiHattori

Quote from: "sheikfreak"

well, i can force Ed to wear a mini skirt xD

sheikfreak

Quote from: "ILuvHeijiHattori"
Quote from: "sheikfreak"

well, i can force Ed to wear a mini skirt xD

or at least Al's apron thing...

sheikfreak

what I love is the stuff that happens outside fanime while still in costume. The reactions you get from people is hilarious. I mean, here you are walking into your favorite restuarant, and there's a bunch of wierdos dressed up all sitting at a table and ordering food. Those wierdos would be my friends and me...I don't know why I'm so easily amused.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well I'll be crossplaying as Gothic Lolita so if I'm around you should get even MORE looks ^^;;

hellangel

Quote from: "sheikfreak"what I love is the stuff that happens outside fanime while still in costume. The reactions you get from people is hilarious. I mean, here you are walking into your favorite restuarant, and there's a bunch of wierdos dressed up all sitting at a table and ordering food. Those wierdos would be my friends and me...I don't know why I'm so easily amused.

i totally know what you mean. i love it when cosplayers take over a restaurant...just put tables next to each other and add on as more and more con-goers come in.
you can really tell who the non-con people are because their facial expressions are like "GOOD GOD THERE'S MORE OF THEM????"

it's hilarious  :D

Oh! And it's great fun crossing a street in a crowd of cosplayers. People are too busy staring at you to notice their light's green and that you're jaywalking ^^" (always happens before masquerade/musicfest)
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

sheikfreak

Then there was that time I was walking through Hillsdale with half my Hatori costume on... I felt like such a dork, but at the same time, I didn't really care. Let 'em stare!  :lol:

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "sheikfreak"Then there was that time I was walking through Hillsdale with half my Hatori costume on... I felt like such a dork, but at the same time, I didn't really care. Let 'em stare!  :lol:
Yeah that's the spirit! Let those poor naive fools stare...it's only a matter of time before most of them join our collective. Anime and manga have grown more and more pervasive in our culture. Manga isn't just sold in comic shops...or in a small section....it takes up 3+ book cases in major bookstores around the country  :twisted: Not to mention it's gotten CHEAPER to! $10 for a graphic novel retail!!

sheikfreak

soon they will all be ours!!  :twisted:

Okay, I've used up too much evilness for today. Now where's my halo?

Ayanami Rei First Child

Quote from: "sheikfreak"soon they will all be ours!!  :twisted:

Okay, I've used up too much evilness for today. Now where's my halo?
Pfffft. That's nothing. I used to be quite the terror online. Ahhhhh back in my glory days I used to be so evil. Like having flying monkeys rape my online son-in-law while his sister-in-law was laughing and giggling at it. Those were the days...

sheikfreak

:shock: ...I don't know if I have a reponse to that.