Food Drive for 2nd Harvest Food Bank @ FanimeCon

Started by Tracy Brown, May 17, 2006, 12:42:53 AM

Tracy Brown

Bring food to FanimeCon!

Fans attending this year's convention will take time to eat between events. But will you take the time to help someone else eat as well?  Every day in the San Francisco Bay Area, thousands of people are forced on a monthly basis to choose between food and rent. Many times only one of those needs can be met. FanimeCon wants to help those struggling against hunger by hosting a food drive during the entire convention. All donations will go the 2nd Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara County.

Starting Friday, donation bins will be placed in the registration area of the convention center. We are asking all attendees to bring a minimum of 5 non perishable food items
Such as: tuna, canned soups, canned fruits and vegetables, low sugar cereals, rice, beans and pasta (yes, ramen does count!)

FanimeCon is also encouraging fans who are unable to attend this year's convention to stop by and drop off any food donations or to give a cash donation directly to 2nd Harvest Food Bank through their website: http://www.2ndharvest.net/  and click on donate.

Thanks for your help!

Tracy Brown,
FanimeCon Marketing

zoupzuop2

Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

YoureMyHiro

OMG, this is an awesome Idea. Ill be contributing as much as I can.

ININ

I bring some can goods on Friday.  I hope registration watches the donations bins.  Don't want any penniless otaku or non-Fanime attendee taking food from the bins  :)

gmontem

Quote from: "ININ"Don't want any penniless otaku or non-Fanime attendee taking food from the bins  :)
I'm afraid this may happen. :( Are the bins something like those blue mailboxes -- things may come in but nothing comes out?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

platinum edge

Quote from: "gmontem"
Quote from: "ININ"Don't want any penniless otaku or non-Fanime attendee taking food from the bins  :)
I'm afraid this may happen. :( Are the bins something like those blue mailboxes -- things may come in but nothing comes out?

One possible solution: get a staff member dressed as a black mage and give him/her a tazer.  If anyone steals from the bin, have the black mage say "Bolt 3, b!tch" and zap them.  Problem solved.

But seriously, it would be very disappointing and upsetting if anyone dared to steal from the bin.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

Shi_Musouka

i already bought 6 canned items to be donated. I'll be sure to drop them off when I get there.