Music Fest/Kamijo??

Started by Rapture7thHomunculi, May 18, 2006, 01:42:18 AM

Rapture7thHomunculi

So, last year I went to Fanime and Music Fest was on Sunday night, but I've read somewhere that the Kamijo event (Mini Live) is from 4-5 but then Music Fest starts right after that?! The Kamijo event is on Saturday so does that mean the MF isn't always on Sunday? If MF starts right after Kamijo's Mini Live then isn't there a chance of not getting into MF if you don't head over there right away?

Then again I could be completely mistaken.
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

Midnight Ryoko

no idea. But I'd really love to meet him. Can we?
"If all the world was painted dark, and all the skies turned grey, then please tell me [if you could] when would it be day?"

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Rapture7thHomunculi"So, last year I went to Fanime and Music Fest was on Sunday night, but I've read somewhere that the Kamijo event (Mini Live) is from 4-5 but then Music Fest starts right after that?! The Kamijo event is on Saturday so does that mean the MF isn't always on Sunday? If MF starts right after Kamijo's Mini Live then isn't there a chance of not getting into MF if you don't head over there right away?

Then again I could be completely mistaken.

MusicFest is saturday,  as it always has been.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kazuko

x: and Kamijo is performing saturday not sunday

the only sunday event i think is the dinner with him and an autograph/photo event for those who cant make it on the saturday one since kamijos performance is riiiight before musicfest on saturday

Eri

I think a lot of confusion is coming from is that no one really explained how Kamijo can perform, but not be in the main music fest performance saturday night.

Since we had signed 6 bands to perform for Music Fest we felt that we had to create another outlet for them to perform -- hence Stage 1 (ballroom B) was born. We also opened up booking to outside performers -- Kamijo, locals, etc so that the stage would pretty much be going 24/7 though out the con, except when dance kicks us out.

Tony, correct me on any of that if i'm off...
Erica V.
On vacation for 2008

Rapture7thHomunculi

>.< Oh yah it was on Saturday. I mixed it with another event, sorry 'bout that.

I just want too make sure I can still get into MF even if I go too the Kamijo live because last year the guy at the door told me if I'd been a couple minutes late then I wouldn't have gotten in. Thing is, I'm meeting some people right after the live but I really want too go too the MF, if I'm not able too get into the MF after it's started then I want too know so I can change my meeting arrangements. That's really all.

Midnight Ryoko - I have no idea if we can meet him, but I would like too also, but I think it's something you might have too ask staff or Tony about because I was actually thinking about posting a thread about that also. Though it'd probably be small and locked later on so yah.

The way this is has been planned out is a little confusing. Then again it's Kamijo so I'm not annoyed  XD.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

inertia

You'll be able to meet Kamijo.  ^_^  He's doing two signing/photo events in the dealers' room, one on Saturday and the other on Sunday.  The times haven't been announced yet, but you can check the jhouserock website for more information:
http://www.jhouserock.com

Caskas_lyrik

ok so you have to wait in a long line to see Kamijo perform...THEN...wait at the END of the line to get into Music Fest?  I wonder why two mahor things like that would be back to back??

Kazuko

well i think the line for music fest will be short by the time kamijo ends because they will be letting people in by then x:

better start runnin folks

Caskas_lyrik

Quote from: "Kazuko"well i think the line for music fest will be short by the time kamijo ends because they will be letting people in by then x:

better start runnin folks

TRUE...but you will be seating in the nosebleed section hahaha
and will also need a magnifying glass to see anyone on stage...hahahaha

Rapture7thHomunculi

Hah. Unless it's like last year and everyone ends up at the front of the stage in the mini/medium mosh pit with no one left in the seats. Then there's no worries but still. I'm actually not supposed to be running so I guess I'll have to choose between Kamijo or Music Fest. In which I will immediately pick Kamijo.

Jrockfan

For one guy? I'd much rather see 6 bands. Just my opinion though!  :D