Blue Roses in San Jose??

Started by Rapture7thHomunculi, May 19, 2006, 09:54:29 PM

Rapture7thHomunculi

So, this is going to be a WEIRD question (and goodness knows I ask too many of those.) but does anyone know where I can buy blue roses near the convention center?? Some Kamijo fans know his favorite flower is the blue rose and I want too get a couple for my friends and I. Sadly the internet isn't helpful in finding one near San Jose. The fact that I don't know San Jose well doesn't help.

Thanks~~~~~~!
Without simplicity there would not be creativity. So stop complainning.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

inertia

If you can't find blue roses, basic red will do.  It's not just Machi's symbol, red roses can represent the entire band.  Lareine's given them out at a couple of concerts.

You know that roses in Kamijo-azure don't really exist in real life, right?  We carry silk flowers to Lareine concerts, not just for Kamijo, but for all of them because real flowers are liable to wilt when waved in the heat of a livehouse.  So you might as well begin the search at a local crafts shop where they sell fake flowers, without worrying that you need to buy the flower the day of the performance to ensure it'll be fresh and pretty.

Kazuko

if you want a blue fake rose you can go buy a white one and paint it blue x:

Rapture7thHomunculi

Kazuko - Even if I paint it will it still look nice? I don't want it too look bad or too fake, which too some degree I can't help but still *shrug* I haven't had a good experiance with painting roses, real or fake.

interia  - I've never even heard of silk flowers. Where do you get them? I read somewhere that the blue rose was Kamijo's favorite (thought I could be wrong. The site had updating issues). I support the whole band (I'm bringing a red one too), but Kamijo is my favorite so I wanted too give him his personal favorite. I just moved into my home two months ago so I'll go hunt for craft stores. Btw, are you the inertia from LJ? If not then sorry.

"Yes, I'm a girl, if you've got a problem with that, don't be surprised if Kitsune_shadow pwns you at Resistance: Fall of Man. Yeah."

Ruby

Spray paint it instead of painting by hand perhaps? Buy one as a test subject :O
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Rapture7thHomunculi

Thanks for the help, any other tips would be greatly appreciated as I'm just going to totally wing it and hope it all comes out well.

serajwl

Did you ever make color carnations when you were little? You know, taking white carnations and putting green food coloring into water and letting it sit for a while? Well, in case you havent, when yiou do that, the flower gets a tint of the water color.

Roses might have the same effect. Try saturating water with  A LOT of blue food coloring, and set a white rose in it. Maybe it'll turn blue? I never did it with roses before so I'm not entirely sure.

otakuya

Near the Johnny Rockets, Borders, Tengu Sushi, etc... there is a florist. Just look for the big blue building: the SJ Rep Theater. I don't know if they have blue roses, but I know they have a lot of flowers.

inertia

Rapture:
Yes, I'm inertia from LJ.  I have a Lareine fansite too.  It might be the one with updating issues... >__<;;;

You can get silk flowers at many crafts stores.  Mana cosplayers can probably tell you where to get blue roses in the US; they use them for the "Au Revoir" costume.

I think "favorite flower" means something a little different in this case than what you've been thinking.  The profile did say "favorite" in the original Japanese, and that hasn't changed.  But, for Lareine, the main thing that "favorite flower" means is what flower you should wave at a concert in order to show support for that member.  Whether Emiru really keeps bouquets of pink gerbera in his apartment, we don't know, but if there's a concert happening near his birthday, it's nice for fans to carry pink daisies (instead of the usual sea of blue roses) as a gesture to him.

We don't really give any of them flowers, except for throwing them at the beginning of "Saikai no Hana."  Kamijo often takes them from us during concerts, though.  I would imagine he's received/taken hundreds of them over the years.  o_o  

On the other hand, if you can figure out a way to give Kamijo a real blue rose, I'm sure he'd be impressed.  That would be really rare!  But lately, the answer Kamijo has been giving when he's asked in interviews, "what would you like to receive from fans?" is simply "letters."

Touya no Miko

Well, I'm getting Kamijo a pendant. The pendant is a sword with roses wrapped around it. You think he'll like it?
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

EternalMalachi

Aside from one company who has engineered them (in Japan, I believe), blue roses do not exist.  That is why blue roses represent mystery.  Your best bet would be trying to find if anyone has silk roses in blue, or painting roses.

uhhhhbonnie

actually. ive tried dying white roses.... leaving the flower to soak in coloured water works pretty well. It doesnt work as quickly as carnations do... and sometimes the outcome isnt very clean, but it works. they sell dye for flowers at gardening stores and some florists carry them too.  fabric dye is also quite effective. Just make sure that the stem is cut fresh and at an angle to allow the water to soak better.

however if you choose to spraypaint them... the outcome is REALLLY beautiful if you do it right.  You just wont be able to get the entire rose blue.  do it from a distance- and do it quickly. you dont want it to look painted- just lightly airbrushed.  good luck =]
and they said we couldn't get a whole gallon of milk out of a squirrell

Caskas_lyrik

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"Well, I'm getting Kamijo a pendant. The pendant is a sword with roses wrapped around it. You think he'll like it?

That sounds nice..I am still debating on what to get...damnit..only a few days left.  I was thinking of getting him something from San diego where I live...but hmmm I am not quit sure.  

As far as the fake flowers try Michael's or a craft store.   I know they also sell paint so that you can color the roses. I am actually thinking of making a rose pen...I used to make them all in High School but that may be a little too girly...hmmm  :evil:  I don't know...

pastelflower

If you decide to go for silk roses, I found mine at Garden Ridge. The woman in the flower department at Michael's told me they only get blue roses around Christmas time (how strange...) and the woman at Hobby Lobby looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if they had them.  :oops:

Rapture7thHomunculi

Serajwl - Nope, never made'm. It sounds really easy, like something I could manage too do without making too much of a mess. So I'll definately try it.

Inertia - Ahh, I'm kitsune_rin on LJ. I've been too your fansite, and I love it O.o seriously. I'm reading Lillie Charlotte now, which I haven't been able to find anywhere else. There is a place I can get dyed blue roses from but it would take too long for them too get here and I don't have enough money. So yah. I was actually thinking about giving a letter, but there's the matter that I can't write in Japanese. So it might be a bit pointless..?

Touya no Miko - That sounds like a wonderful gift! I wish I could find something like that but I'm so busy with school work and getting read for Fanime I don't have much time too do anything but be busy. Maybe I can find something at that antique store~. Hmmmm.

uhhhhbonnie - Hmmm, I'll try dying and spraypainting then and see which comes out better for me. Thanks for the luck (I'll probably need it)

Caskas_lyrik - Michael's is the only craft store I can get too, so I'm glad they've got what I want.

pastelflower - Arond Christmas? Yah. That's... Really odd.

Thanks for all the tips, everyone. I'll try a bit of it all and hope for the best.

inertia

Rapture, thanks!  

I think if you can't write in Japanese and would need to use English, Fanime is probably the best time to give Kamijo a letter.   :D   There's likely to be somebody around who can translate it for him at the con.  But also, if you write simply, like the kind of basic grammar patterns you'd expect to learn in a first-year language class, and keep the sentences short, he could probably read the letter himself.

YoureMyHiro

If your still looking for a Florist, I dont know how much this will help at all but I googled the subject and came up with this.

Touya no Miko

I was able to find some blue silk roses at the dollar tree.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Kazuko

i found tiny blue roses at wallmart XD they were so cute and it was only one pair left :3 so i got white ones to mix it with the blue ones~

Im soooo excited to give it to him~

Caskas_lyrik

:twisted:  I found a blue rose...hehehehhe...but hopefully NOBODY has the kind I have hehehehehehehe.....

Took me three days and a HEAP of money..but I have found it!!!!!

But now that everyone is giving him blue roses...I better get someting else to go with it..hmmmmm :?