The *official* E-Gaming 2k6 Tournament Lista + FAQ

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 22, 2006, 10:26:49 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

(Watch the edits come fast. )

I first off would like to apologize to everyone for the lateness of this. Unlike last year, not everything is happening as I thought it would.

This is the finalized schedule. I know its a few days before, but comments are welcomed. We do reserve the right to change the schedule around if there is a pressing need to @ 'Con. Also, if you need information, please do ask our staff at the con and they will be more than glad to answer the questions.

Sign ups are at the 'Con and they are first come, first serve. If you do sign up and do not show within 5-10 minutes of the tournament starting we will replace you with anyone in the crowd at random.

Tournament schedule

Friday: Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne �DoTA� Map, (PC) 3vs3 @ 6pm-9pm

Saturday

Soul Caliber 3 (PS2) 1 vs. 1 @ 1pm-3:30pm
Halo 2 (Xbox) 2 vs. 2 @ 4pm-6:30pm
Battlefield 2 Team Tournament (PC) @ 8pm-11pm

Sunday

Tekken 5 (PS2) 1 vs. 1 @ 1 pm-3:30pm
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne (PC) 1 vs. 1 @ 5pm-7:30pm
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 (NGC) 2 vs. 2 @ 10pm-12:30am

Monday

Super Smash Bros.: Melee (NGC) 2 vs. 2 @ 10:00am-12:30pm
Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC) 16 player Deathmatch @ 1pm-3pm

FAQ

Q: Are custom controllers like joysticks are going to be allowed this year?
A: Yes, but as like last year, they are going to be inspected for any possible cheating or non-stock modifications. We do reserve the right to say no, for any reason.

Q: Whats the format for the fighting games?
A: I know, for Soul Calibur 3, it is going to be a single elimination format. From last year's experiences, we felt this took way too much time for the intended purpose. We will update this thread and at con if there has been a change.

*More info is coming the next day.*
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Ohsu

俺の名を言ってみろ!

Emerge

so...GGXX really is out of the question? that other thread really kind of got my hopes up when that upper management guy spoke of possibilities.

if at all possible, could you squeeze that tourney in for me? pleeeeeease? :oops:

Asa_Gohan

Damn....2 v 2...Were screwed since the clan DBR is coming...Theyll own us all in Melee....

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Liars Dice

Bflays

Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3? not NGNT4?

IF you dont have a game im willing to bring mine  :D .