-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

deepbluevibes

Gogetah

I'm currently at my hotel room. Most people left after being registered. I expected activity to last longer like last year.

As for the arcade, I'm dissapointed that it's confined to a room. I really liked the casual feeling of having arcade games throughout the convention center.

As for the games, as of the swap meet, it looks like there are less than last year and I didn't see a  Pop'n Music machine. Will there be more machines arriving?

None of the machines were set up and turned on on Thursday.

When should we expect the arcade to open?

It's past 2:00am...
I'm gonna check on the arcade!

-Gogetah

Gogetah

Heh. The convention center's locked up. :P

HentaiTentacleDemon

it's great that you guys provided chairs for the arcade area, but those chairs are way too low for the arcade machines. i think stools would be better for next time.

Spiritsnare

Drummania is totally turned off. As in you can't play it at all. :(

This is very disappointing. I was hoping to be able to play.
epic progressive

vox

deepbluevibes

Bullhonkie

Quote from: "Gogetah"As for the arcade, I'm dissapointed that it's confined to a room. I really liked the casual feeling of having arcade games throughout the convention center.

Ditto that sentiment. I liked the atmosphere that the upper concourse level had when the arcade games were out there. Made the whole place seem lively, even through all hours of the night and morning.

A bunch of friends and I usually show up every year just to play the arcade games, mingle a bit, and take it all in. We don't usually buy badges or attend much of anything else. We were very disappointed to discover you needed a badge to get in, just to have to pay again to play the arcade games. I could understand paying to get into that room if all the machines were free-play but that's not the case. To make things worse, the cost per play is generally higher than that of the local arcades.

You would probably make a bit more from the arcades if the machines are out in a publicly accessible area. Please consider this for next year. Thank you. :)

deepbluevibes

fullmetalneko

Personally I'm happy with the arcade.   Metal Slug 6 and Esepleguda (sp?) which makes my life complete.
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

Spiritsnare

Quote from: deepbluevibes(removed per privacy policy)

Speaking of scoreboards, I have conquered Para 2nd's scoreboards for Nonstop Freestyle - Hard. Look for SNRE.

On that point, last I saw, Loktera had first place on Ghost Squad, which was quite awesome. :D

Oh, and I whooped Mordyan's ass at air hockey. I'm sorry, I just can't get over that. XD However, I lost one and won one against Chun (physically orz'd on both accounts).
epic progressive

vox

HentaiTentacleDemon

Quote from: "Bullhonkie"You would probably make a bit more from the arcades if the machines are out in a publicly accessible area. Please consider this for next year. Thank you. :)
i agree. i have a few buddies who came to fanime only for the games. they're not even into anime. putting the arcade in a confinded room will only limit your profits.

deepbluevibes

Mordyan

Quote from: Spiritsnare

Speaking of scoreboards, I have conquered Para 2nd's scoreboards for Nonstop Freestyle - Hard. Look for SNRE.

On that point, last I saw, Loktera had first place on Ghost Squad, which was quite awesome. :D

Oh, and I whooped Mordyan's ass at air hockey. I'm sorry, I just can't get over that. XD However, I lost one and won one against Chun (physically orz'd on both accounts).

I am happy to report that I have returned the avor and whooped Spirt's ass today at air hocky! I have been avenged!

bahamutknightzero

Should've had an alternative DDR machine instead of the 2nd Extreme machine (I missed the 4th Mix Plus machine from last year)

Lex

Just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you for putting in all my fav. arcade machines:: CVS2, 3rd Strike, GGSlash, SC3, KOFXI, Tekken5 and even the PARAPARA machine! Was up till 3 in the morning almost every night playing in the arcade room.

Thanks again!

gmontem

Quote from: "Mordyan"I am happy to report that I have returned the avor and whooped Spirt's ass today at air hocky! I have been avenged!
Aww man I wish I didn't miss this! ><

Repost from a wrong thread:

The air hockey table was great. :) Next time please make sure the table is level. If you let the mallet go of your hands you will notice it's always sliding to the same corner.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Bullhonkie

Agreed. Some machines seemed louder than others as well. Soul Caliber tended to drown out both CvS on its left and GG on its right. Better spacing would subject people to lower SPLs, reduce sound bleeding as deepbluevibes mentioned, and possibly allow you to ease the volume a bit - further reducing SPLs - which leads to my next point.

Lowering the sound levels would help a lot for those of us suffering from, or not wishing to suffer from tinnitus. My ears were ringing pretty heavily after just an hour in front of the fighting games, although I already suffer from tinnitus. I'm sure at those SPLs, the noise was enough to result in permanent hearing damage for people who played in front of those machines for an extended period of time.

Also did anyone happen to play my friend Don on CvS Saturday night? He was owning it up. 3+ hours and 40 straight wins on a single session of play. 8)

Zerocide

Very impressive with the amount of fighting games (especially Soul Calibur 3) Also a very nice selection of non music/fighting games to choose from. Music gaming for what it was, was very nice. Two DDR machines ensured no mass pile up of coin line. And I was really happy to see a BMIII and Para machine there. Drummania did kinda disappoint me with the replacement of 10th and the not so good high hat. Air hockey table was a blast. Over all very awesome selection. My only suggestion is instead of two DDR extremes, there should be one Extreme and one of something else like a 4th+ or maybe even ITG or PIU.
I did like how the arcade attendents were walking around and asking people how the machine was operating and if the volume was good enough.
Check 1