Badges falling >_<

Started by ILuvHeijiHattori, May 28, 2006, 07:52:31 AM

ILuvHeijiHattori

I almost lost my badge 4 times throughout the con and its nice people picked up my badge and handed it back to me.
But the problem is the pin. It comes off over and over.

I thought that next year, maybe we can have badges like JTAF. Have them around your neck?

M

Quote from: "ILuvHeijiHattori"I almost lost my badge 4 times throughout the con and its nice people picked up my badge and handed it back to me.

I thought that next year, maybe we can have badges like JTAF. Have them around your neck?

Registration staples the badge together so they do not fall out.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "ILuvHeijiHattori"I almost lost my badge 4 times throughout the con and its nice people picked up my badge and handed it back to me.

Registration staples the badge together so they do not fall out.

Yeah, but the whole badge falls off cuz the pins sucked on norman registration badges... i had an early reg badge and that one kicked ass, my friend had a normal reg. badge and it kept comming off cuz it wouldn;t stay pinned on her clothes..

Lisu

Yea, those early reg badges were impervious to falling.  Maybe you could have taken a stapler and stapled the others to your clothing?

dosukinuta4

Or maybe fanime could just hand out the pins that were for the early regs to everyone?
And/or give out necklaces for ppl to put them on if they want to?
Open mouth  X(), insert bacon ~~~, yum X)

Shinigami

I kind of like lanyards on the badge. The only bad thing is that it gets in the way of costumes and looks kind of tacky, but still, I've nearly lost my badge many times before when it was the pin-on kind, but I've never lost the lanyard kinds. Also, on lanyards you can put anime buttons and stuff on it. Maybe when you get the badge you can chose a pin or lanyard? Or maybe all badges should be tightly stapled with a secure well-made pin, and lanyards cost an extra $1, if Fanime wants to make a profit from them. Besides, at the beginning of a convention, people have a ton of money and will spend it on anything, so many people will probably be willing to buy a really cool looking Fanime lanyard.

drallcome

Yea.. Fanime should go with lanyards next year. I didnt have a problem this year since I had one of the early reg paper badges.
Fanime Member since 1999

Daitenshi

Quote from: "Lisu"Yea, those early reg badges were impervious to falling.  

Yeah, about that...  My badge came unclipped from my belt as I was taking my luggage downstairs at the Hilton this morning.  I looked everywhere and retraced my steps, but all to no avail.  It's not fun losing a staff badge on the last day of the con...  T_T
Best Wishes,
Jenny
~Kenshin no Miko~
~Daitenshi~
http://www.daitenshi.com/

Gwydion

I've never had any trouble this year with the pre-reg badges, only to learn why its not good to leave some on a three year old plastic band. Lost 03 and 05 badges this year when the plastic snap thing broke off. Should have put them on the new one I got with 06. Anyone happen to find two staff badges from 03 and a members one from 05 with the name Gwydion on it?

E-Chan

Quote from: "Daitenshi"
Quote from: "Lisu"Yea, those early reg badges were impervious to falling.  

Yeah, about that...  My badge came unclipped from my belt as I was taking my luggage downstairs at the Hilton this morning.  I looked everywhere and retraced my steps, but all to no avail.  It's not fun losing a staff badge on the last day of the con...  T_T
No, it's not. Nearly as not-fun as getting them on the first day. T_T;

I nearly lost mine.
Watashi wa... Anata no Ushiro...

Tuplica

I never had any problems with the pins, but as it is, I've lately taken to just keeping the badge either in a pocket or in whatever bag I've got with me.  I have to think ahead and pull it out when I get to a room, and I know it's technically Fanime policy to wear it at all times, but I'll present it if anyone wants to see it.  It's better than losing it or even worrying about losing it.  I like the new policy about replacement badges, but I'm not to keen on paying another five bucks for something when I don't have to, especially 'cause it wouldn't look as spiffy.   :?
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

ILuvHeijiHattori

Quote from: "Tuplica"I never had any problems with the pins, but as it is, I've lately taken to just keeping the badge either in a pocket or in whatever bag I've got with me.  I have to think ahead and pull it out when I get to a room, and I know it's technically Fanime policy to wear it at all times, but I'll present it if anyone wants to see it.  It's better than losing it or even worrying about losing it.  I like the new policy about replacement badges, but I'm not to keen on paying another five bucks for something when I don't have to, especially 'cause it wouldn't look as spiffy.   :?
true. If I'd lost my badge and spent every penny on anime, how do they expect us to pay 5 for a paper?

Nina Star 9

i bring a lanyard from home, but since i use pre-reg badges, that will not help you guys. though you probably can bring a lanyard and pin it to the lanyard, then tape the pin part so it does not open?

gmontem

Get yourself a lanyard or make a poor man's version using rope.  The latter should not be a problem for all you resourceful cosplayers. :P  Use a hole puncher to punch a hole on non-laminated badges.  That's what I did to mine badge last year.  Speaking of which, Kima still hasn't given me back my hole puncher borrowed from last year.  ;)
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

M

Note to self: Try to get lanyards for members of Fanime 07. :)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "MPLe"Note to self: Try to get lanyards for members of Fanime 07. :)

I was wondering why we didn't have any since buying them in bulk is really cheap.

GokuMew2

Pre-reg and all your problems will be solved! No safety pins! =.P

Though lanyards do sound cool. =.3
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Ayanami Rei First Child

I have to say that my pre-reg badge NEVER came off.....even when I slept and danced with it on ^^;; Those things are like....insanely good at sticking to your clothes...

LawyerGirl

I would love lanyards for next year, especially for pre-reg folks.  I was wearing dresses most of the time at the con, and it was tough finding a place to clip my badges. :P

~~Loktera~~

I know that a few of the artists that were making Custom Art Con Badges were handing out free lanyards with purchase.

That's where I got mine. It would be pretty cool to have a Fanime 2007 lanyard though.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...