Badges falling >_<

Started by ILuvHeijiHattori, May 28, 2006, 07:52:31 AM

AbsolutelyCursed

The thing I did was bring a clip (similiar to the ones used for rock climbing) with a keyring and my badge was never in any danger of falling off. Of course it helps that my costume allowed for clip to attach. I know this won't apply to everyone so a lanyard would definitely work. Just do it for the pre-reg people.

mDuo13

Yeah. This year I had to have a regular-reg badge (surprise) and it definitely came unpinned and fell off twice, once without me noticing it (in the dance). I'm lucky it turned up at Con Ops. My friend Chris wasn't so lucky; he went home early on Monday because of it.

Hopefully I won't have to deal with those awful on-site-reg badges next year.

Tony

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"
Quote from: "MPLe"Note to self: Try to get lanyards for members of Fanime 07. :)

I was wondering why we didn't have any since buying them in bulk is really cheap.
Not to be contrary, but unless they're on the order of 10 cents each, it's too expensive for us!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Not_A_Shrimp

You can always let a friend borrow your badge or so on. Thats what  i had to do when my friend lost hers. And they were charging $5 for a new one than not ten cents.
Your avatar and signature were too big. Please read the avatar/sig guidelines.

Spiritsnare

Psst, Not_A_Shrimp, your avatar is insanely big.

Re-railing the topic, I personally didn't notice my badge (at-con reg) go missing at all and the ironic part is that I was constantly being paranoid going "zomg is my badge still here is it still here is it -- WHEW."
epic progressive

vox

Minagi-chan

Quote from: "Not_A_Shrimp"You can always let a friend borrow your badge or so on. Thats what  i had to do when my friend lost hers. And they were charging $5 for a new one than not ten cents.
I think he meant the lanyard orders.  ^^;  Borrowing a friend's badge isn't a nice thing to do, it's like stealing a badge to let someone who didn't pay the mandatory fee in.  It's not fair to all the people who forked over the cash for membership.  
*steps off soapbox*
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Kegan_Flame

Quote from: "Tony"Not to be contrary, but unless they're on the order of 10 cents each, it's too expensive for us!

http://www.kennyproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

if u buy them in orders of 1000 or more they  are about 11 centes each :)

PixieCat

Quote from: "Shinigami"The only bad thing is that it gets in the way of costumes and looks kind of tacky

However, as a counter point, the lanyard kind are also easier to pull off real quick when your picture is getting taken. I always try and remove, or hide my badge during photos, and at cons where they have the lanyard kind, I just pull it off, stick it in my purse for a second, photo snap and go!

I would love to see lanyard badges at Fanime.
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

ILuvHeijiHattori

So whos with the lanyard idea? I'm 100% up for it!

otakuapprentice

i totally second the lanyard idea!
oh, and this will remain a tiny possibility, but if i have ALOT(and i mean ALOT) of money when fanime comes around next year, i just might buy a bunch of lanyards to give out at fanime.
<>
<>
<>
And if i have more than enough, i might think about getting some with 'FanimeCon' printed on them. What do you think about that?
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

thebrain2u

Lanyard badges sounds like an awesome idea. I usually just go with pre-reg badges, cause they don't fall off and look nice. But I'll probably end up buying/bringing a lanyard this year.