E-Gaming Suggestions/Feedback thread for 2007!

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2006, 09:08:24 PM

Raydere

Next year needs a 4-player Maximum Tune 2 setup, as well as House of the Dead 4.  

And as DBV suggested, there needs to be more scrolling shooters--Mushihime-Sama and DDP Dai-Ou-Jou would be nice.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

schf0ol3d

Possibly more of a wish than reality, but IIDX?

Also, change the long ver songs on Drum Mania back to 2 songs per long version. With a 7+ coin line, and people playing all of their stages long ver songs...

deepbluevibes

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "schf0ol3d"Possibly more of a wish than reality, but IIDX?

Bring it and I will come.
epic progressive

vox

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I want to clear up something here and now: this thread is designed for the Console and PC portion of E-Gaming.

We're exploring more options, now that we got bit more flexibity. We're looking at expanding and possiblity trying a few new things.

We're still looking for more feedback if there is any. It was a kick-ass room, I still want to be even more kick ass.

Itachi no Jutsu, check your PM box, soon.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

console, eh??

just out of curiosity, but is there a chance that there might be a PS3 and Wii set up next year? if you cant get a Wii, i will bring mine(once they come out and i buy it, that is.)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

BP!

The E-Gaming room was good this year, but when I was playing Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, the person I played was getting pissed because I was winning; I wonder what his problem was...

Anyways, many people will agree with me on this; get some Nintendo Wiis when they come out. Everyone will be clamoring for Super Smash Bros. Brawl at Fanime '07 once they play it next year. People are already asking for it.

One thing that I can think of for a console gaming setup is for the fighting games. Use a couch for 4 people, only the playing people sit on it. Every time   somebody loses, they give up their seat and controler. I think this would work well for Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3/4 and games like Shin Samurai Spirits and Narutimate Hero 2/3. (If you get NH3 for '07)

Also, the Handheld Lounge thing could work, but the big problem is the fact that people do bring their handhelds to Fanime, but not everyone does. There would also have to be major advance notice on the Main website for '07 when it goes up if the Handheld Lounge gets approved.

About the combining of E-Gaming+Arcade Gaming+Tabletop Gaming into one room, it could work. All the excess space in the hall this year could be used by Tabletop next year, and it's pretty much true that the only games that could be bothered by the noise from the games would be Tabletop RPGs. If I had a scanner, I could try to upload an idea of what I think what a good setup for this room could be.

One last thing, pass this on to the coordnators for Arcade Gaming. If you think that it could eat up chairs next year, try to get some stools that wouldn't leave the arcade area. it works for all the cabinets at SVGL, so if you could get stools fir the con next year, no excess of chairs in the arcade area.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time with this long winded post, but I just wanted to see if I could be of any help.

Edit: I just remembered, whoever brought their copy of Radiant Silvergun this year should bring it back next year. First time playing it and it was awesome. If you do, I will be grateful.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

Monica

I really enjoyed the gaming room. I loved Taiko Drum Master even though some of the sensors died from people hitting it to hard.  

I was dissapointed that the didn't have Naruto Narultimate Hero 3. They only had 2 which I found a bit odd. I was also dissapointed that there wasd no competition for NNH2. Otherwise the console gaming was great.

I also wish that there had been a handheld room. I had my DS and was hoping to play Bust-A-Move and Tetris with people. I also wanted to test others games out, but I never got that chance. Even if you like had an area in the gaming room where you tossed some carpets to sit on or something. There was plenty of room in there. But just by dedicating an area to handheld would bring the people with the DS's and PSP's to one central area so they could play together.

The computers seemed good though I wasn't able to get on any of them. During the freetime they were really busy and during tournaments you weren't allowed on the empty computers. So more of those would be good I think.

Other then that keep up the great work!

Umi.Ryuuzaki

About the PS3 and Wii's - As I did with the Xbox360's, "find me a willing donor and we'll do it." Lets assume both dont have thier release dates slip - that will make us expand the consoles by a good 30% alone, just to have the space and also ensure nothing happens to them. We are going to factor both new consoles into our plans, but until we get a secure donor/sponsor/whatever to get them, I cannot say we will have them. Tournys for them are going to be exhibition level, due to the lack of experience for now unless they haven't changed "much".

For the handheld room/section, it is being reexplored again. With us gripping how Exhibit Hall 3 works, this can be done. We are looking for suggestions/ideas for this. Hopefully the Wi-Fi access is still extended to the exhibit halls and the gaming can happen.

I can tell you right now, if there's such a thing called a sofa sponsor...
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"About the PS3 and Wii's - As I did with the Xbox360's, "find me a willing donor and we'll do it." Lets assume both dont have thier release dates slip - that will make us expand the consoles by a good 30% alone, just to have the space and also ensure nothing happens to them. We are going to factor both new consoles into our plans, but until we get a secure donor/sponsor/whatever to get them, I cannot say we will have them.

the Wii is dated to come out at the end of this year and i think it will most definitely stay that way. i am for sure going to buy one, and hopefully, will bring it to next year's fanime, so for right now, count me as a possible donor of a Wii. i will also try to acquirre enough GC controllers and Wii-motes.

the only request that i make is that as soon as you guys shut down console gaming for the night, that i be able to retrive it so i can take it back up to my room. i would return it the next morning and set it back up. not to sound disrespectful, but i have had my things stolen by people in the past(not by anyone at fanime), and im just protective of my valuables. other than that, i would be willing to lend its services for fanime.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Emerge

for consoles, i heard talk of a BYOC (bring your own controller) option for tourneys. im personally all for this. maybe its just my mind telling my hands this or there really is something physical about my controller that makes me play at the top of my game. whatever the reason, i would really like this to be put into consideration for next year

HamSTA

please please PLEASE have Counter Strike this year!

and i am well aware of the server issue on its complexity of setting it up
my clan is sponcered by a server company called Vivid-Hosting
if i ask them to sponcer Fanime-Con a server could there be a CS tourny and stuff?

they are going to have servers just down the street in that tower across from the park. so moving a server over to teh convention center will be no problem
i prefer a mouse over a wiimote =]

Ayanami Rei First Child

I noticed there was a bit of a lack of gamecube controllers, and one of them was semi-broken. That made it where instead of having a 4 player Naruto match...we had to stick with 2 player matches.

AnimefanJJ

I would like to see at lease one StarFox Assualt 4 player match. I forgot my Starfox Assualt last year, but I'm packing it this year.  I mean when I was there, there was some people that actually wanted to see at lease one StarFox Assault match. I deffinitly would so hold that match. I was an unofficial staff member at the information table on the consert floor and I was given a lot of prayes from real staff members, that was funny. Anyways, back to my point. I would like to see or hold a Starfox Assualt match on the GameCube console. Please consider it.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Krysta

More games. More tvs. More for 2007 would be nice =)

also, thank you to the e-gaming staff for putting everything together. you guys rock =)

zoupzuop2

Last year, before becoming Fanimafia material, I was only going to come for the DDR tourney. When it was yoinked, I stayed for other reasons.

'Course, I'll GO to next Fanime if such is the case again, but... COSPLAY DDR TOURNEYS PLZKTHX? (I'll find some way to incorporate Kachuu Tenshin Amaguriken into my routine again...)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Spiritsnare

epic progressive

vox

mDuo13

IIDX: Thumbs up.
Wii: Thumbs up.
BYOC for tourneys: Thumbs up.
Cosplay DDR: Thumbs waaaaay up.
Handheld Lounge: Thumbs up.

Sofa Donors: Mayyyybe. Of course, if the sofa's aren't big enough to fit all four players, then we've got the same problem as before, if not worse. Maybe if you had designated "player chairs" that were a different color from the "spectator chairs" - forcing people to give up their next-to-the-TV seats if they're not playing - that could help solve the problem.

Game room opening after everything else: Thumbs down. What was the delay last year - was it arcade, consoles, or just scheduling that meant they weren't open bright and early? I know in previous years the arcade-in-the-fairway was up and running as soon as I got to the con (like 8am). It gives people something to do before viewing rooms, the dealer room, and events and all are open.

lying is an art form

Wii = Stolen Wii-motes?
Cosplay DDR = Ripped costumes?
Handheld Lounge = I'll see what I can scrounge up regarding a "plan" for it.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

zoupzuop2

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Wii = Stolen Wii-motes?
Cosplay DDR = Ripped costumes?
Handheld Lounge = I'll see what I can scrounge up regarding a "plan" for it.
Stolen Wii-motes = Eh, that's true. If people take care of their controllers (I.E, mark them somehow, make it clear it's THEIRS, and don't let it go), this shouldn't be a problem. Fanime isn't responsible for the loss of Wii-motes.
Ripped Costumes = Not if they've planned them right. My Ranma cosplay, albeit awful, was VERY mobility-enabling. If you can't run in your cosplay, DON'T ENTER COSPLAY DDR TOURNEY.
Scrounging a "plan" = DO IT. FOR GRATE JUSTICE.

(Not GREAT justice, GRATE.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.