E-Gaming Suggestions/Feedback thread for 2007!

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2006, 09:08:24 PM

Umi.Ryuuzaki

I love this free wireless! Whoever set it up, someone give that man or a woman a drink!

I'll start this now, cause when I come home, I will drop my stuff and SLEEP. Anyways....

-----------

FanimeCon 2006 has come and go and it has been a kick-ass time! In a new location with arcades right next to us, I am impressed with the success of the room. Despite a few snafus, we still kicked ass.

I would like to thank the entire staff of E-Gaming 2006 for helping, assisting and pulling through. Without them, we wouldnt exist =)

To any staff that does want to return next year, I highly recommend you stay in contact me for now until we can begin the planning. To those inquiring about joining us, we will announce it.

We're taking suggestions and feedback on next year. There isn't any definates yes, but we are watching. We are aware of some of the issues and it is just some were just uncontrollable at con. We do strive to improve the best we can.

/feedback!!!!!

edit: changed the title to make more sense.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Tsukai Mori

If you ask me, you had a very impressive selection of fighters. I'm glad you gave that variety. Also, I enjoyed the two DDR machines since people usually end up forming long lines if there is only one. Thanks a lot!

*Will post more later.

gmontem

The air hockey table was great.  :)  Next time please make sure the table is level.  If you let the mallet go of your hands you will notice it always sliding to the same corner.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Spiritsnare

Air Hockey? A++++++ WILL PLAY AGAIN. That was easily the highlight of the whole arcade room, next to the surprise ParaParaParadise 2ndMIX.
epic progressive

vox

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

HinFire

Make table top bigger again...the room was so small this year....

100% BEEF

I loved the import copy of Samurai Spirits. My only real complaint was that there was no console #Reload or GGXX. When I asked the staffers about it they responded with, "We won't set up one since there is a Slash arcade already over there." I offered to provide the game and PS2 for one of the tvs nobady was swarming but they refused the offer, lame. :x

Emerge

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Air Hockey? A++++++ WILL PLAY AGAIN. That was easily the highlight of the whole arcade room, next to the surprise ParaParaParadise 2ndMIX.

hehe...the name of the air hockey table was "Hot Flash". i dunno if anyone else caught that :P

Quote from: "100% BEEF"I loved the import copy of Samurai Spirits. My only real complaint was that there was no console #Reload or GGXX. When I asked the staffers about it they responded with, "We won't set up one since there is a Slash arcade already over there." I offered to provide the game and PS2 for one of the tvs nobady was swarming but they refused the offer, lame.

yea, that was a real bummer. i was SO looking forward to that. Slash was a little bit of a consolation, though

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "100% BEEF"I loved the import copy of Samurai Spirits. My only real complaint was that there was no console #Reload or GGXX. When I asked the staffers about it they responded with, "We won't set up one since there is a Slash arcade already over there." I offered to provide the game and PS2 for one of the tvs nobady was swarming but they refused the offer, lame. :x

We were asked by both arcade vender and fanimecon upper management not to have any copies on hand for the consoles, aside from tourny mode. This may be repeated again for next year, and if so, we will try to squeeze in a tourny for that game.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

FanFicGuru

Should've set up a GGXX E gaming. Some of us don't want to throw 50 cents away just so some crazy asian kid can kick our butt in 10 seconds.

I wouldn't mind getting my butt kicked in 10 seconds if I didn't pay anything...but having to pay to lose kind of took all the fun away.

So yeah, that was lose.

Other than that, it was pretty cool. More TVs and systems next year would be good as well...hehehe and by then the Wii will be out...

SMASH BROS. BRAWL BABY!!!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

~~Loktera~~

My shoulder still hurts from all those hours of playing Ghost Squadron. I had some high scores up there for a while until my superiority andlaziness left me @ #7...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

ZETA SHINTANi

HOTFLASH!!!!

Air Hockey was great. Had a lot of fun at the table. My girl had so much fun that she decided she wanted to start a web comic on it (using my art)  :D  

Althouuuugh....

I was kinda disappointed IIDX didn't make it. I was so hyped to see it and when I toured the game room for the first time I was really bleh.

LET'S HUMAN SEQUENCER THIS SH!T!!

Ska_Kitti

I've already talked to those high on the totem pole about sharing a slice of the exibition hall next year. The Room was overflowing so much that some tournaments had to be pushed outside to the cafe.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

VLADE

yes that was too annoying i coulcnt really play this year had to actualy sit this year out RAWR i had sick tcg decks this year too. to bad i didnt know how to play naruto lol

OH WRAITH GOT PWNED

mDuo13

Agreed!

Normally I spend a lot of time in Tabletop, but with it so cramped this year, I didn't play one thing in it. There was plenty of space in the e-gaming hall, too - All it takes to run tabletop is lots of tables and comfy chairs. Now that would be perfect!

RyuHayabusa

I hope that next year both things can be combined into the same room. It makes sense. we have a forum for all things gaming, why not have a room dedicated to the same thing?

I'm making this a sticky btw
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

mDuo13

I loved how many console games there were. You guys even had a Saturn and two Dreamcasts! That's AWESOME. You know what else would be really cool? Some other old consoles like N64. I know a lot of people who still prefer the original Super Smash Bros, and so forth. Also, Mario Kart 64.

The choice of games was generally great, though. Katamari Damacy? Yes, please! Ikaruga? Yay. Super Mario Stikers? Surprisingly great.

Asa_Gohan

I think there should have to been 2 TVs for SSBM like last year. It was really packed >.< and it just seemed so small since the computers werent like right there next to you and the room was so big but that was good. Also the game like beatmania was gone it was sad T_T

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Not that I disagree...but I only have on problem with the idea of putting all 3 into one room - the noise. Doesnt tabletop require a somewhat quiet environment? I didn't go into there much, but to me, I think the sheer noise from E-Gaming and arcades would prove to be a problem.

Then again, I am open to ideas. I have a few ideas in mind....
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

Zouri

The gaming room was great this year. I was a little miffed that there was only one TV for SSBM, but that can easily be over looked. I still got a ton of matches in. I personally loved the variety of the games this year, and the classic systems were a dream come true.

On a side note, I'm surprised that barely anyone was playing Power Stone 2 with us. That was great fun!

The arcade was a blast too, but I sure didn't like paying 50 cents just to get my butt kicked. Bah, it was still fun.

I can't think of any real complaints, but if I do I'll let you all know.