E-Gaming Suggestions/Feedback thread for 2007!

Started by Umi.Ryuuzaki, May 28, 2006, 09:08:24 PM

tomoyo

Quote from: "HamSTA"please please PLEASE have Counter Strike this year!

and i am well aware of the server issue on its complexity of setting it up
my clan is sponcered by a server company called Vivid-Hosting
if i ask them to sponcer Fanime-Con a server could there be a CS tourny and stuff?

they are going to have servers just down the street in that tower across from the park. so moving a server over to teh convention center will be no problem

i concur with the man above.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "HamSTA"please please PLEASE have Counter Strike this year!

and i am well aware of the server issue on its complexity of setting it up
my clan is sponcered by a server company called Vivid-Hosting
if i ask them to sponcer Fanime-Con a server could there be a CS tourny and stuff?

they are going to have servers just down the street in that tower across from the park. so moving a server over to teh convention center will be no problem

I sent ya a PM man - whats up? E-Gaming is interested if it can be done...

QuoteGame room opening after everything else: Thumbs down. What was the delay last year - was it arcade, consoles, or just scheduling that meant they weren't open bright and early? I know in previous years the arcade-in-the-fairway was up and running as soon as I got to the con (like 8am). It gives people something to do before viewing rooms, the dealer room, and events and all are open.

I cannot answer this accurately, but at the time, i've requested that the E-Gaming section be opened later because we needed additional time to finish seting up. I know arcades was ready to go, but the main jest is setup time.

Wii and PS3 at FanimeCon: same policy with the XBox360s - find me a willing donor and its considered done. Security is going to be increased even more so considering...its a PS3 and Wii lol. Once more planning starts up more, we're gonna review our tournament setup. Thats alot of consoles we got already supporting and also the PC section and fighting for tourny slots.

E-Gaming will be making announcements later on but I cannot promise any in the near future right now.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

As i have previously posted in this thread: as long as fanime can give me their word that if my Wii gets stolen that they will reimburse me for it, or at least have enough people monitoring consoles to prevent this from happening, then i would gladly step up as a "donor."
Wii-motes are very risky since those can just dissappear very easily, but that would need to be worked out later on. So long as i can retrieve my Wii every night and have it set up before the start of the very next day, then i'm all for it.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"As i have previously posted in this thread: as long as fanime can give me their word that if my Wii gets stolen that they will reimburse me for it, or at least have enough people monitoring consoles to prevent this from happening, then i would gladly step up as a "donor."
Wii-motes are very risky since those can just dissappear very easily, but that would need to be worked out later on. So long as i can retrieve my Wii every night and have it set up before the start of the very next day, then i'm all for it.

We have a waiver setup and unfortunately, the 'Con cannot reimburse you if I recall. Once I get a copy that isnt on this virused up system i'm on right now, I can send you a copy to see how it is and works.

In all honestly, in the past we have had wireless controllers deployed since we did not anymore wired ones and they havent been stolen. Its a risk we take but we clearly tell our loaners (inside staff and outside loaners) the realistic situlation of the E-Gaming setup and the considerable risks that they are taking.

As for retrieving the Wii, I need to talk to you in person before we set anything in stone.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

deepbluevibes

lalalandla

please have a gunbound section it would be so kickass idk if anybody that goes to fanime plays gunbound since its not that popular any more but it would still be fun

Simna

I would like these games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee(Brawl)
Naruto Narutimate Hero 3
Guitar Hero(2)

Kaori

I noticed a Para Para machine at 06 and was immediately intriqued. But I have no idea how to play it. I was thinking that maybe there should be an intro to Para Para Panel or something, because I've searched the net trying to make some sense of it, and still, it doesn't. I WANNA PLAY!!! T__T
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Hi, Fanime 06 Gamers.  I am one of the Fanime 06 E-gaming Staffers.  My name is Jason.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  As for the PS3 and Wii, if they are brought and loaned out to E-Gaming by Staffers (Only) we have to increase security at least 3 times the amount to prevent theft, misuse and abuse to the Video Game Consoles and accessories (Wireless Controllers for PS3 and Wii.)

Fanime is NOT responsible in reimbursing lost or damaged Video Game Consoles and assessories.

As for Taiko Drum Master, I myself and my other friend loaned our drums and games out for you guys to enjoy.  Its questionable whether or not Taiko Drum Master may return to Fanime since we put up a sign as clear as daylight not to bang or abuse the Taiko Drum as near the end of the convention, the drum sensors were almost non responsive.

Para Para Paradise is not a hard game to play to whoever posted up that response.  Staffers who are on break or other Fanime gamers are more than willing to help out gamers that have very little to no knowedge in playing the Import Para Para Dance Simulator.

Please keep up with the positive suggestions and feedback on how we can improve Fanime 2007's E-Gaming Department.  Thanks.  :o
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Maybe we should have a Classic Gaming section, dedicated to all the late and great systems like Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, Playstation, and Dreamcast.

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Maybe we should have a Classic Gaming section, dedicated to all the late and great systems like Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, Playstation, and Dreamcast.

ZIMdudeAlchemist

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Good Idea with the Classic gaming.  This should be implemented onto the upcoming Fanime 2K7 E-gaming.  Provided that the staffers of the department can loan out their consoles to go with the Next Gen gaming.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I want to try the Bleach game for gamecube. I think this could work seeing as how Bleach as been on Adult Swim and thus it's hit mainstream level. Not to mention I want to try out more import games for my gamecube. ^^;

KusanagiShiro

As far as consoles go, in addition to the next-gen consoles (PS3, Wii, 360), I think a classic console gaming room would be good. NES, SNES, Genesis, maybe a PC Engine (the Japanese TurboGrafx 16) if someone gets lucky...

What do you all think?

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Thread closed, the next suggestions thread for FanimeCon 2008's E-Gaming is going active in a few minutes.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!