2006 Masquerade

Started by lying is an art form, May 29, 2006, 12:23:20 AM

lying is an art form

Oh my god. That was an AWESOME performance by all of you! I loved every minute of it =D

My favorite skits were the Final Fantasy Idol and Gloomy's Clues one.

What about the rest of you?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Tsukai Mori

And the gloomy fanboy award goes to...
On a serious note, and I quote this from Hiro, "That's weak sauce!".
I wish I could have joined you guys. Tell me about it.

lying is an art form

Well, it WAS my first time attending Masquerade =P

I'm gonna perform next year! Anyone up for a Death Note skit?
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Lisu

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Well, it WAS my first time attending Masquerade =P

I'm gonna perform next year! Anyone up for a Death Note skit?
Man, that just reminded me that during the masquerade, to my right there was a line of seats with 5+ L's...I could just imagine what you could do with a mass amount of L-age (not like making many of that costume would be hard…)

DayDreamerNessa

OMG i had so much fun performing, and i'm so glad that everyone did an awesome job with there skits, it was so much fun to watch.

I hope those who got to watch my groups guilty gear skit liked it XD
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

bahamutknightzero

I did like your skit, especially the songs from Kill Bill

Nina Star 9

this was not only my first time participating, it was my first time even watcing. i had no idea what to expect.

i was the girl in the black and white costume with many layers that sang and had really bad timing and a really bad voice. :P

Lilghost

Quote from: "Lisu"
Man, that just reminded me that during the masquerade, to my right there was a line of seats with 5+ L's...I could just imagine what you could do with a mass amount of L-age (not like making many of that costume would be hard…)

Hey, I was with that line of L-- I was the Misa in the middle. I had actually been Raito earlier, attached to one of the L's. We kind of started an L e-mailing list and we're planning tentatively a skit for next year.
"What the funkin' wagnos?"

goldfish

One of the groups the saiyuki boyband one did the same skit as done at another east-coast con i think it was acen or katsu, but i can't remember.

Awhile ago my friend had shown me a video of it because i love saiyuki, but then they do it again here?? aren't there rules against stuff like that from happening.... i liked it the first time, but it made me not like it anymore seeing it being done again, even if it was the same group...

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "goldfish"One of the groups the saiyuki boyband one did the same skit as done at another east-coast con i think it was acen or katsu, but i can't remember.

Awhile ago my friend had shown me a video of it because i love saiyuki, but then they do it again here?? aren't there rules against stuff like that from happening.... i liked it the first time, but it made me not like it anymore seeing it being done again, even if it was the same group...

My friends who were in the Saiyuki group did the skit at Anime Central back in May.  They enjoyed doing it again the 2nd time because they were able to HEAR the audio-recording, so they could be "in-sync" (haha) with the voice-over.  Understand that the majority of people watching the masquerade at Fanime didn't attend A-cen, so it was their first time watching the skit.  I still enjoyed it seeing it twice in-person within the same month. ;)  And it's not like they did the same skit twice within the same state.. A-cen is in Chicago.. quite a distance from California..
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

AnimeEmperor

Well I sat in line for over an hour and a half, which I now think was completely unnecessary because there were plenty of seats where I decided to sit. I think if you aren't one of the first people in line it really isn't worth it then.

Some of the skits were excellent, and even the ones that were kind of stupid were filled with people who were just trying their best to entertain us. I thought every person who just walked around to music was waisting our time for their own ego's (unless their costume really required attention, such as Nightmare). I just think masquerade should be more of a performance only.

......oddly enough I found the stage ninja's were the best part.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"I thought every person who just walked around to music was waisting our time for their own ego's (unless their costume really required attention, such as Nightmare). I just think masquerade should be more of a performance only.

Don't forget about the girl who cosplayed Amano-style Rachel from Final Fantasy VI.  Her costume was really detailed and nobody has yet to (that I've seen) cosplay her character.  :)

Masquerades shouldn't be just skits, since masquerades are also called "costume/cosplay contests" and it gives cosplayers a chance to show off the hard work & effort they put into the details of their costumes.  It also takes a lot of courage to go out on-stage by yourself to do a walk-on. (i should know, since I went on-stage by myself (with a last-minute addition back at Fanime 2003)  And Fanime was nice enough to give awards to those contestants based on craftsmanship, some of which were walk-on's.

Ska_Kitti

o_o OMGorz.... TF was supposed to be #51 until a member had to leave early. Marisa just bumped us to #1 of all places so we were HELLA nervous. ^_^ It was nice to open for you all.

My fav skits:

Blues Clues
Guilty Gear
Otaku's Fantasy (Tengo Tenge girls)
Angelic Layer Battle
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"o_o OMGorz.... TF was supposed to be #51 until a member had to leave early. Marisa just bumped us to #1 of all places so we were HELLA nervous. ^_^ It was nice to open for you all.

I enjoyed your skit as a good way to open the masquerade! :) It's too bad that I was in the front row to the right of the stage taking pictures (press-area) and there was that big speaker on the stage in front that blocked me from seeing the guys put the smackdown on Ed!  :evil:

Btw, your new Lulu costume was really pretty!  Glad to see you revived it, last seen in 2003! :)

Ska_Kitti

^_^ Heeee... well I'll probably retire her soon. She's an old char and I hav plenty of others to bring to the table.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "Ska_Kitti"^_^ Heeee... well I'll probably retire her soon. She's an old char and I hav plenty of others to bring to the table.

If you're going to AX, please wear her oncemore for the FFX (and FF All-Series) gatherings. :)  What better way to retire her in grand-fashion than at AX! ;)

back on topic:  I enjoyed most of the skits & walk-on's but can't say which ones I didn't enjoy as much.  Overall it was a very entertaining masquerade! :)

SweetNiar

At least the costume showing was better this year, rather enjoyed really.  I didnt sit there and go "Oh...thats was.....nice", "That was it?" or the famous "Ooookay..." like last year.  And the ones who showed thier costumes off were great looking costumes. ^_^

imaferretmaster

the skits were great, what did you guys think of our soul society skit that we made up 2 minutes before hand? lol

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"
Quote from: "AnimeEmperor"I thought every person who just walked around to music was waisting our time for their own ego's (unless their costume really required attention, such as Nightmare). I just think masquerade should be more of a performance only.

Don't forget about the girl who cosplayed Amano-style Rachel from Final Fantasy VI.  Her costume was really detailed and nobody has yet to (that I've seen) cosplay her character.  :)
I think it was fine for anyone's costume that was truly excellent. I'm just not going to list them all because that's practically saying if you aren't on the list you sucked.

Gaurrer

the masquerade was fun, it was my first year of fanime and it was loads of fun  ^_^. I was in the moogle costume that did the "wii are ninjas" skit, pretty fun stuff. everyone else did awsome jobs on the skits and costumes. I mean seriously those were the best i've ever seen!!!