2006 Masquerade

Started by lying is an art form, May 29, 2006, 12:23:20 AM

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "MzreYuen"I think my friends and i had way too much fun at the masquerade. It was our first time doing anything like that. But we had a blast and i can't wait till next year.

Go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMgzcNFnyAA  to watch our skit.

Your skit was too funny, Mzre.   :o  Definitely one of the more adult-oriented skits of the masquerade, combining shocking secrets & yaoi!   :twisted:   Nice job!
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

swordman85

Personally I didn't have a problem at all with the length of any of the skits/walk-ons.  I was a little eager for the earlier ones to end so I could get up and knock mine out of the way to releive the pressure but besides that I didn't notice a problem in length

MzreYuen

Quote from: "Eurobeat King"
Quote from: "MzreYuen"I think my friends and i had way too much fun at the masquerade. It was our first time doing anything like that. But we had a blast and i can't wait till next year.

Your skit was too funny, Mzre.   :o  Definitely one of the more adult-oriented skits of the masquerade, combining shocking secrets & yaoi!   :twisted:   Nice job!

LOL! yeah that's why i'm glad that we went on at the end of the night. kinda like a last minute shocker. tifa cheating on cloud with vincent? lol. i just love drama. i can't wait till ax to do a skit there.

Leishu

Perhaps it might be a good idea, say, to have the walk-ons in a block running somewhat runway style (Walk to front of stage, twirl, walk around stage, exit) as the Emcee announces them gradually, giving them both a little more time on stage as they walk around and the people who complain about walkons less cause to complain (as, after all, if they're in a block you don't really have the problem of having literally the time of the walkon to give each participant an intro and outro).

I personally didn't have a problem with it, but maybe that would help?
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

DayDreamerNessa

I don't think you guys should change the way it's set up, I have never had an issue with walk-ons and performances being together, and neither has most people i've talked with; as someone's mentioned it's probably because we have a small vocal crowd that felt we had too many walk-ons here on the message board, but everyone else i've talked to enjoyed the performances as well as the walk-ons this year.

I do like how everyone wasn't on stage for the masquerade awards. like someone else said i could see who won what. BUT it was definately discouraging to see people being pulled upstage during the amv's, though i do realize it was done because of time restraints, but maybe if all things go well for next year, we can pull people up from the audience while announcing the awards ^_^!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"I do like how everyone wasn't on stage for the masquerade awards. like someone else said i could see who won what. BUT it was definately discouraging to see people being pulled upstage during the amv's, though i do realize it was done because of time restraints, but maybe if all things go well for next year, we can pull people up from the audience while announcing the awards ^_^!

I think they didn't put everyone on-stage and then announce the winners due to the fact they had to have everyone out of there by 11:00pm instead of 11:30pm.  I was kind-of hoping they would since I missed getting a lot of pics of everyone on-stage last year (was busy doing photoshoots backstage) but surprised they didn't this year.  That's like a Fanime tradition: bring everyone on-stage and then announce the winners to come forward.  Perhaps next year if there's more time allowed inside the auditorium they'll do this.

DayDreamerNessa

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"I do like how everyone wasn't on stage for the masquerade awards. like someone else said i could see who won what. BUT it was definately discouraging to see people being pulled upstage during the amv's, though i do realize it was done because of time restraints, but maybe if all things go well for next year, we can pull people up from the audience while announcing the awards ^_^!

I think they didn't put everyone on-stage and then announce the winners due to the fact they had to have everyone out of there by 11:00pm instead of 11:30pm.  I was kind-of hoping they would since I missed getting a lot of pics of everyone on-stage last year (was busy doing photoshoots backstage) but surprised they didn't this year.  That's like a Fanime tradition: bring everyone on-stage and then announce the winners to come forward.  Perhaps next year if there's more time allowed inside the auditorium they'll do this.

yeah i knew they did it because of time I said it in my post ^^;
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Eurobeat King

Quote from: "DayDreamerNessa"

yeah i knew they did it because of time I said it in my post ^^;

just woke up from a nap..  :oops:  and did you not like the masquerade pics I took of you group during and after you received your award, Nessa?

Chas Tsukishiro

I really enjoyed this year's masquerade! To tell the truth, I was a little skeptical since it's now Cosplay Spectacular and not Der Cosplay, which I'd grown accustomed to - but I was pleasantly surprised. It still had the same great energy as it did before. Despite some of the time issues when it came to setting up earlier in the day, the staff was awesome and were really cool to us performers. Everything was explained thoroughly and I felt the show ran smoothly for us. I dunno how you guys were backstage, but from my point of view things seemed to be taken care of. I really appreciated it!

Being able to watch from the stands was cool too! Last year I ended up sitting on the side of the stage to watch the other skits anyway, so seeing them how they were intended to be seen was refreshing. I dunno, I like to see what skits we're up against.  And not having the stage overrun with all the performers (53 skits/walk-ons and everyone on stage? Definitely not a good idea.) at the end was nice and stress-free too. All the changes between last year and this year I liked, to make a long ramble short.

So yeah, thanks to the masquerade staff and everyone who cheered for TeniMyUSA. This was a really fun experience for us. :3
"Honk if you love Shinji's toothpick!"

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "MzreYuen"

LOL! yeah that's why i'm glad that we went on at the end of the night. kinda like a last minute shocker. tifa cheating on cloud with vincent? lol. i just love drama. i can't wait till ax to do a skit there.

I remember that skit that was funny, I was laughing pretty hard that day  :lol:
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

MzreYuen

Quote from: "Shinsengumi"

LOL. thank you. everyone asked me how i came up with something like that so last minute. to tell the truth i've always had a crush on my friend that played vincent.. and i kinda lived out my fantasy of cheating on my lover with him. hahahahhahaha. i can't wait till next year! were you in the contest at all Shinsengumi?

Shinsengumi

LOL. thank you. everyone asked me how i came up with something like that so last minute. to tell the truth i've always had a crush on my friend that played vincent.. and i kinda lived out my fantasy of cheating on my lover with him. hahahahhahaha. i can't wait till next year! were you in the contest at all Shinsengumi?

No I'm to shy to go on stage.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

MzreYuen

No I'm to shy to go on stage.

lol. a lot of my friends were really shy too. especially vincent. that's why i kept his scene short and simple. the voices were pre recorded so all they had to do was lip sync to it. as for me.. i'm pretty.. outgoing so it didn't bother me too much to be up there.

bahamutknightzero

^ Thats pretty cool. My group were all pretty nervous as well, oddly enough I was the one that wasn't nervous at all and I was a bit nervous before going into the auditorium.

MzreYuen

Quote from: "bahamutknightzero"^ Thats pretty cool. My group were all pretty nervous as well, oddly enough I was the one that wasn't nervous at all and I was a bit nervous before going into the auditorium.

what group number were you? i missed half the masquerade

bahamutknightzero

Group 42, the skit with the Sins and Ed and the bra. Pretty much the writer of the script (the girl who played Lust) was nervous because she felt that it would be all her fault if the skit didn't go well, the girl who played Ed was nervous in that she didn't want to mess up, the girl who played Envy was nervous because of being up on stage in front of an audience. As for me, I was a bit nervous in that I was hoping I wouldn't screw up and hoping I would do a good performance.

MzreYuen

Quote from: "bahamutknightzero"Group 42, the skit with the Sins and Ed and the bra. Pretty much the writer of the script (the girl who played Lust) was nervous because she felt that it would be all her fault if the skit didn't go well, the girl who played Ed was nervous in that she didn't want to mess up, the girl who played Envy was nervous because of being up on stage in front of an audience. As for me, I was a bit nervous in that I was hoping I wouldn't screw up and hoping I would do a good performance.

yeah. i think my group was backstage practicing at like group 40. we were so concerned about our skit that we didnt' really get to see anyone else preform. i want the video of the entire masquerade

Sora

My group was entry #43, Yami no Matsuei. I think we got quite a bit of attention with ours.
"Don't give me any orders."

bahamutknightzero

Wish I could see that one since we were doing those photos in the back when your group went up. Was kinda cool to sit next to your group.

swordman85

Ya I was really nervous too.  This was my first ever con and I was up there all alone.  I'd like to buy the video of the masqurade too does anyone know when it will be availible?