2006 Masquerade

Started by lying is an art form, May 29, 2006, 12:23:20 AM

scyper15

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Well, it WAS my first time attending Masquerade =P

I'm gonna perform next year! Anyone up for a Death Note skit?

ME :D?

UsakoMinako

Good job everyone!
This years masqerade was very well organized! I enjoyed it very much as did my cosplaygroup!
Marisa, SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER job. FANTASTIC. Brian- SO AWSOME. I din't know how i would feel not having brian announcing, but I had forgotten about it until I saw him on stage!
Thank you Travelling Valentine for yoru video's- THAT WAS so exciting!!
I have NEVER EVER EVER seen a masquerade in my life but on tape...
My cosplay career has been spent back stage for years. I really enjoyed the idea of watching the whole masquerade. This year's turn out was interesting to see. ALOT of skits...
This time around my cosplay companions and i took a break and did something relaxed. We hope you guys had a good laugh at Number 40 ENTER THE LAYER by Project Victory Cosplay Theatre. And our neigbors seated next to us, we hope to share more glow sticks next year!
We certainly enjoyed everyone's creativity and hope to see you at a con SOON!! KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!

OniCourseMusha

Believe it or not.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=705991

Too bad he's not gonna teach at Hartnell next semester since I have the Fall catalog.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

UsakoMinako

:) Yes, some of us have deep dark... secrets. "COSPLAY!"
All I do is masquerade really and hall cosplay,(and dealers room LOL) so how do you explain that to your co workers?
And then.. the moment comes! When you find out they are just as crazy and into costumes, anime, gaming as you are!
Brian is great ^_^
I sure hope we find more cosplay staff to GLOMP. ^_^

Shinsengumi

Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Believe it or not.

Too bad he's not gonna teach at Hartnell next semester since I have the Fall catalog.

I know that sucks that he's not teaching next semester at Hartnell  :( .
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Mach5Motorsport

Quote from: "Shinsengumi"
Quote from: "OniCourseMusha"Believe it or not.

I know that sucks that he's not teaching next semester at Hartnell  :( .

I might be teaching in the Fall. The Dean hasn't figured that out yet.  Being an "adjunct" faculty has its drawbacks.  Most likely I will be one of the sections labeled as "staff"
Brian Doan "Dieter"

Fanime Cosplay Host 2006
Fanime DerCosplay Coord. 2001-2005
Yaoi Con Cosplay Coord. 2002-2005
JTAF 1 & 2
2003 Anime Expo Cosplay, Art & Charity Host
2002 Project Akon Cosplay Host

jingko

question! what did people thinkn about the yami no mastuei? as i was the muraki that fell on her face! and i just wanted to make sure that it was alright as i'm trying to write another and need feed back! if it sucked rocks than i need to know. please tell me. thanks
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

L-Lamb

My only suggestion, while it was nice having people brought backstage who won, we could not hear AT ALL when we were back there. When an award was announced whoever was in front had better have been paying attention otherwise no one really knew who was supposed to go out there. Plus when we were announced we didn't have a clue what we won because we didn't hear a single word said. I think we would have rather had to have gotten out of our seats to go on stage to accept it. Just an idea because honestly, we didn't hear a single word. I think thats the only complaint we had.
We loved the masq. It was so well run, we always knew what was happening, I really liked having the masq headquarters so if we had a question we knew where to go and there would be someone there to answer it.
And great job announcing it Brian. I liked this year the best! ^_^ You always kept the audience entertained :)
But honestly, great job to all those that made it run so smoothly and to the judges for being so quick to decide the winners! ^_^

LM

Just a little thing to add.  People who do Walk-ons do so because either they just want to show off their costume, aren't comfortable with performing something (yet), or want to get their feet wet--see how being onstage is first.  Then perhaps in future shows, they'll return and do an actual skit.

Putting all the walk-ons together could have negative effects.  People may leave during them or talk all the way through them, ignore them and more or less snub them.  Having them mixed up is a good variety, and is better integrated, rather than segregated.

I was in a Walk-on, and I enjoyed it a lot.  It was the first time performing with my cosplay group.  Now, I want to do a full-fledged skit with them for future cons.  See?

That's my two cents.
Ani-Maid Productions
amateur otaku since 1999
HK film fan since 1996

costumes at Fanime Con '07:
Tomo Takino (Azumanga Daioh)
Derek Wildstar (Star Blazers)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
Shin Ani-maid (original)
Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)

Touya no Miko

Quote from: "scyper15"
Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Well, it WAS my first time attending Masquerade =P

I'm gonna perform next year! Anyone up for a Death Note skit?

ME :D?

Me too! I was thinking about doing a deathnote skit myself! But I need people to help me with it!
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

swordman85

It's been awhile since I last checked and I was wondering if anyone would know when the dvd would be availible for purchase

Minagi-chan

Quote from: "LM"Just a little thing to add.  People who do Walk-ons do so because either they just want to show off their costume, aren't comfortable with performing something (yet), or want to get their feet wet--see how being onstage is first.  Then perhaps in future shows, they'll return and do an actual skit.

Putting all the walk-ons together could have negative effects.  People may leave during them or talk all the way through them, ignore them and more or less snub them.  Having them mixed up is a good variety, and is better integrated, rather than segregated.

I was in a Walk-on, and I enjoyed it a lot.  It was the first time performing with my cosplay group.  Now, I want to do a full-fledged skit with them for future cons.  See?

That's my two cents.
I think you're right, walk ons anre best in small doses.  But you can never be sure what will happen the night of the show, mix-ups, no-shows, Murphy's law...
<3 Miss Coquine <3
We slip and slide as we fall in love and I just can't seem to get enough.

Monica

Quote from: "swordman85"It's been awhile since I last checked and I was wondering if anyone would know when the dvd would be availible for purchase

DVD?! What is this DVD do you speak of?

swordman85

Last time I hear they were supposed to be making a dvd of the masqurade

ranma12

omg that was the 1st time i only caut a bit og them i like the ff on with cloud saying that he got kicked out or somthin. but i am gona  DO a Numa numa skit next YEAR ANY ONE IS WELCOME TO JOIN! i want a huge group doing a weird funny dance ^_- PM me if u want to join it ^_^

PurgatoriX

Ok, I know this took me a LONG time to do, but I've finally joined this forum!

I just wanted to thank everyone involved with the Masq, as it was a lot of fun for me! It was the first time I'd really done anything like that, & I was so happy to even be a part of it! I'm trying to arrange things to where I can attend again next year (if I'm not in Japan  :D ), but it'll be tricky as I live in Oklahoma XD

Oh, in case you're curious, I was Rachel from FFVI done Amano-style. *points to the cute icon* Again, thanks so much, & I hope to do it again next year!