Guests I want for Fanimecon 2007!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 29, 2006, 01:24:20 PM

GokuMew2

Since I could really care less about the music guests unless someone like ELLEGARDEN or UVERworld came, I'll say it once again:

FUKUYAMA JUN!

Just LOOK at him! .*_________* Lelouch~~~ <333
Now that eps 24 and 25 of Code Geass won't air til summer, maybe he can take a little break? X.3

Fanime needs more popular Japanese seiyuu. *nod* Okay, I, being a seiyuu fan, am biased, but still!! SugoiCon (which I had never heard of before and obviously doesn't have great advertising since I didn't know about this til yesterday) got Kiuchi Hidenobu (Oshitari in Tenipuri, Tenma in Monster, Ren in NANA) last year!!! Fanime, being a better known con should be able to get someone of his calibur. .;_;

Had so much fun with Sanada and Mizushima last year!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Chun

Norie Yamada (Someday's Dreamers)
Sekihiko Inui (Comipa, Murder Princess)
Obligatory I've Singer Here (Kotoko, Lia...)
People behind Please! Studios.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

YoureMyHiro

It might have been said before but Id really like to see Ramen and Rice perform another classical medley this year. In 2005 they did and it was awesome, especially their rendition of Haruka Kanata, Id pay to hear it again.

Side note: It kind of sucks that I wont be able to see ZZ because I didnt pre-register. Its my fault for slacking so long  :cry: .

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Also, in case you guys don't get the PLAY! Symphony newsletter, they recently announced that they are coming to San Jose in cooperation with Fanime on May 26th. Now, you don't get in free of course, but it is pretty awesome that it's going to be there. I bought my 100 dollar ticket already...but ticket prices start around 32 bucks.

Should be fun!

Whoa...what do you get for the $100 ticket? It better be awesome for that price. If only the schedule was out (and I know that's WISHFUL thinking) so I knew if this was going to conflict with other events.  :lol:

100 bucks gets you in the first 8 rows, roughly.

Well, the show is going to be at 8 PM on Saturday night (the 26th) so the only events I can foresee it colliding with is the dance and maybe Der Cosplay...but I forget if it was Saturday Night or Sunday night now...oh well.

From everything I've heard about Play!, it is definitely going to be worth it.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

GokuMew2

Quote from: "Chun"Norie Yamada (Someday's Dreamers)
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto is an awesome series! If we're talking about getting guests from that then I want Suwabe Junichi!!! Oyamada sensei~~~~ And Suwabe, my favorite seiyuu! X.D
< Mew >

phoenixphire24

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"
Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Also, in case you guys don't get the PLAY! Symphony newsletter, they recently announced that they are coming to San Jose in cooperation with Fanime on May 26th. Now, you don't get in free of course, but it is pretty awesome that it's going to be there. I bought my 100 dollar ticket already...but ticket prices start around 32 bucks.

Should be fun!

Whoa...what do you get for the $100 ticket? It better be awesome for that price. If only the schedule was out (and I know that's WISHFUL thinking) so I knew if this was going to conflict with other events.  :lol:

Well, the show is going to be at 8 PM on Saturday night (the 26th) so the only events I can foresee it colliding with is the dance and maybe Der Cosplay...but I forget if it was Saturday Night or Sunday night now...oh well.

Well there are usually Yaoi-con events Saturday night, and those are super fun, so I'd like to not miss them. Of course, they don't interest everyone, so it's not like they're going to schedule the concert around it.  :wink:

FanFicGuru

Should be fun!

Well there are usually Yaoi-con events Saturday night, and those are super fun, so I'd like to not miss them. Of course, they don't interest everyone, so it's not like they're going to schedule the concert around it.  :wink:

Well, assuming the concert is about 2 hours long, chances are it won't collide with too many Yaoi events since many of them are 11PM or later due to the 18+ age limit.

I really don't think that the concert will collide with too many events, and besides that I'd argue that based on the reviews and the experience, even though Fanime only happens once a year, this Symphony is something that you won't get much chance of seeing.

So, in my book, nothing at Fanime would stop me from going to the concert.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Long

Should be fun!

Won't it collide with MusicFest? Doesn't that usually start around 7PM on Saturday?

Tony

Yes... which is why MusicFest is changing it's format...

Also, we announced a few more guests, yay.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

GokuMew2

Quote from: "Tony"Yes... which is why MusicFest is changing it's format...

Also, we announced a few more guests, yay.
I hope for some Japanese guest announcements soon. =.x
< Mew >

Jehuty

Because my efforts are laughable and getting my hopes up is ALMOST as fun as watching them get dashed, here's my list.

Vic Mignogna
Liam O' Brian
Monica Rial
Carrie Savage
Jason Liebrecht
Jonathan Klein

Yes, I'm FULLY aware that they're ALL from the English Phase of the industry, but they ARE from a Phase of the industry. Not to mention that my sig speaks volumes for my opinion.
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

phoenixphire24

The Sacramento Anime Con got Crispin Freeman! Any chance we can get him too!?! He's excellent in Hellsing and Scrapped Princess.  :)

Zee

Yukari Kaiba

it would be awesome to have Piano Squall come to Fanime - ive seen numerous videos on youtube of his performances (he played with Ramen & Rice at AOD 06 this past year) and i would love to see him play live!
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

GokuMew2

OT but Yukari Kaiba, THUMBS UP for Grimmjow in your siggy!
Mmmmm......... Grimmjow............ He's voiced by my favorite seiyuu (Suwabe Junichi), who I think would be a lovely addition to the Fanime guest roster. *nudgenudgewinkwink*
< Mew >

pockystix

Hmmm... FUNimation sez they'll be going to Fanime this year... So does that mean some of their "regular" VA's will be attending, too?
New sn = Meirin

otakuya

I hope so (regarding Funimation)

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "pockystix"Hmmm... FUNimation sez they'll be going to Fanime this year... So does that mean some of their "regular" VA's will be attending, too?

Cool. That'd be really cool to have funimation there..and we can all thank them for re-licensing one piece too!
Swap meet staff - 2014

Jehuty

Hmm....FUNimation is a nifty group of peeps. Whether the regular VA's will be there or not is probably an answer closer to a "No", but it'd be nice to have Dub companies around.

We can be optimistic though...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

phoenixphire24

Media Blasters is on the dealer's list, but they might just have a table. I hope they're showing stuff too.