Fanime 06 is Over! (For Me)

Started by Long, May 29, 2006, 04:00:34 PM

Long

Oi, it was a good year this time. Different from the other years as it always is, but good never the less. I am in LOVE with Swinging Popsicle, and I got the Guitarist's pick! <3

I love the increased amounts of Harajuku people this year. I was a bit miffed to see that the Masquerade got more attendees than Music Fest. There are a few more disappointments but overall the trip was worth it.

A small suggestion however to those in charge of staffing schedules, please have 8 3-hour shifts instead of 4 6-hour shifts. >___> I almost died at the 10 PM to 4 AM shift.

Shinigami

Yay! You're home too.

I think that with 8 3-hour shifts, it would be easier for staff members to be able to do what they wish to do around the con without missing it, falling asleep, or sleeping on the job. But that might be kind of annoying though to have to keep track of the time 24/7 to make sure you don't have to work soon.

~~Loktera~~

Home sweet home... Back to IRL...

*Gets all teary eyed after thinking about Fanime*
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

DayDreamerNessa

I hope everyone had an awesome time at fanime I just got back! This was my 5th fanime and it is by far my best fanime!!
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

KillingYouGuy

I lost my anime convention virginity this weekend, and it was like being touched by God. In naughty places. >_>
I am great! :D

Absolute0

Quote from: "Long"Oi, it was a good year this time. Different from the other years as it always is, but good never the less. I am in LOVE with Swinging Popsicle, and I got the Guitarist's pick! <3

I love the increased amounts of Harajuku people this year. I was a bit miffed to see that the Masquerade got more attendees than Music Fest. There are a few more disappointments but overall the trip was worth it.

A small suggestion however to those in charge of staffing schedules, please have 8 3-hour shifts instead of 4 6-hour shifts. >___> I almost died at the 10 PM to 4 AM shift.

Yeah, especially when half of you department doesn't show up and you're forced to pick up the burden...

*tries to cry but is too tired to*

Sen

Quote from: "Long"Oi, it was a good year this time. Different from the other years as it always is, but good never the less. I am in LOVE with Swinging Popsicle, and I got the Guitarist's pick! <3

Swinging Popsicle and Goofy Style were my favs.

I had a rougly 12 hour shift on Saturday. (Go reg!!) But working late at night/early morning must be pretty brutal too.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "KillingYouGuy"I lost my anime convention virginity this weekend, and it was like being touched by God. In naughty places. >_>

Wow.. That sounds rather special...

>>

<<

I felt the same way years ago.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

E-Chan

Quote from: "Shinigami"Yay! You're home too.

I think that with 8 3-hour shifts, it would be easier for staff members to be able to do what they wish to do around the con without missing it, falling asleep, or sleeping on the job. But that might be kind of annoying though to have to keep track of the time 24/7 to make sure you don't have to work soon.
Well, I worked Rovers, so they rotated us a lot, but I do agree, it'd be nice to rotate in and out more frequently so we could make it to more events. However, I kinda liked the fact that I was off for long blocks of time to get in some decent sleep.
Watashi wa... Anata no Ushiro...

lyricaldanichan

My feet hurts like hell.. I should have taken advantage of the massage guy, but I dont think he does feet. Video Programming went well but of course there were issues. I don't envy the other departments but I think it was much better then last year. I hope we can do the Random Videos Thursday next year, it was fun showing Wonder Showzen and getting people to sing the Thank you Slaves song!  :twisted:

Mordyan

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"My feet hurts like hell.. I should have taken advantage of the massage guy, but I dont think he does feet.

Actually he does do feet or at least thats what his sign said.

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"I hope we can do the Random Videos Thursday next year, it was fun showing Wonder Showzen and getting people to sing the Thank you Slaves song!  :twisted:

Wonder Showzen rocked! I dont have cable so I dont get to see it.

I also really liked the "random" movie that got shown at the end. I hadn't had a chance to see it yet, but I really liked it and now own a copy. :)

Pimpstress Rei

At least you're not a department head! 10-20 hour shifts, baby!

And a few of the department heads are still on site cleaning up and finalizing things. The convention center is so empty now, and the elevators aren't filled with staff (I'm in the Hilton). It's like we're the last ones to leave camp. It's sad. Another 360(?) days till next year...
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "Mordyan"
Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"My feet hurts like hell.. I should have taken advantage of the massage guy, but I dont think he does feet.

Actually he does do feet or at least thats what his sign said.

Ah! DAMN :(
Quote from: "Mordyan"
Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"I hope we can do the Random Videos Thursday next year, it was fun showing Wonder Showzen and getting people to sing the Thank you Slaves song!  :twisted:

Wonder Showzen rocked! I dont have cable so I dont get to see it.

I also really liked the "random" movie that got shown at the end. I hadn't had a chance to see it yet, but I really liked it and now own a copy. :)

Oh cool! I was joking with people saying this is from Japan but then people really took it seriously because it was so F-up. You know I wonder if this is going to be shown there because this will probally be the next best thing.

I can't get enough Clarance and Chauncey! Hahaha

Sora

I didn't want the con to end! But, I guess all good things have to come to an end. But, I had fun! XD
"Don't give me any orders."

Akaihari

QuoteI didn't want the con to end! But, I guess all good things have to come to an end. But, I had fun! XD

mondays are the saddest
Now all of china knows you're here

LastElixir

It was nice meeting some of you guys at the con. It's always a letdown when its over, like a friend has gone away, why is that?  :roll:

Arconna

This was my second year at this particular con, and technically only the second big con I've been to (Sac Anime just doesn't count...it just doesn't).
I hated when it ended.  Saddest part of my week.  I really need to get out and meet more people though.  Any Gundam Wing, Saikano, Crest of the Stars (Banner, etc.) or Gasaraki fans out there :P.

If things go the way I plan for next year (since it will be my last real year of freedom since I transfer to a four year U fall 2007) I'll be attending Fanime and Anime Expo, and maybe PAX as well.  Depends.  My brother and I need a super vacation summer though :P.

I miss Fanime :(
Arconna
-------------------------------------------------------
My Blog Novel!

Chunkmonster

I went to Fanime this year, and it was my first time. Well, technically. I went in once for about ten minutes a few years ago. But, this year was such a blast. I can't wait for next year's fanime.

Oopymmas2

I seriously can't wait untill next year's con. This year was absolutely amazing ( it was my first) And, other than my sleeping under a table, everything was like a dream.

I can't wait untill next year's con. *keeps repeating in her head*

topnotch97

Quote from: "KillingYouGuy"I lost my anime convention virginity this weekend, and it was like being touched by God. In naughty places. >_>

that was rather special indeed.
so was it like your first time? like your first time to.... you know. go to the convention. and have that wonderful con experience.

going and going and staying up late, watching anime, checking out people, meeting people, playing with people. as if you don't care that there won't be any next time. you used up all your energy, and anything that was on reserve.

and then being awake the whole time, almost no sleep at all.
then, when fanime was over, and you got home and sleep. you slept like you never slept before. but for me it was like an after-the-sex sleep.  :wink:

bottom line, it was freakin' A!

forget the after-the-sex part, i'm awake now.
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D