Panel and Workshop Suggestions for 2007

Started by fullmetalneko, May 29, 2006, 09:57:36 PM

Kazuhide Aeiji

Quote from: "Kazuko"
Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
x: i also suggest a gothic lolita pannel cause i heard PMX is getting like Baby the Stars shine bright and/or Metamorphose temps de fille (both of these are Lolita brands btw) to come and talk about the style~

:3 but it would be freeking sweet

you stole my idea. >>

i think this would be good so that we can teach the masses like, how to distingusih between the diffrent types of loli, let them know that short skirts from hot topic with creap red lace on them are not lolita, and stuff like that. o-o

i will even voulenteer myself to help. o-o
:3 me too

and how to explain to the masses that Mana isnt the founder of the lolita style XD <3

ooooh i wanna help in this pannel sooo bad if it comes together <3

I'd totally help out on that since I know there's a lot of local lolita in San Jose and also in the Bay Area. Problem is, I'm still debating whether I want to go to the Con or not XD

LadyKaren

Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"
Quote from: "Nina Star 9"
x: i also suggest a gothic lolita pannel cause i heard PMX is getting like Baby the Stars shine bright and/or Metamorphose temps de fille (both of these are Lolita brands btw) to come and talk about the style~

:3 but it would be freeking sweet

you stole my idea. >>

i think this would be good so that we can teach the masses like, how to distingusih between the diffrent types of loli, let them know that short skirts from hot topic with creap red lace on them are not lolita, and stuff like that. o-o

i will even voulenteer myself to help. o-o
:3 me too

and how to explain to the masses that Mana isnt the founder of the lolita style XD <3

ooooh i wanna help in this pannel sooo bad if it comes together <3

I'd totally help out on that since I know there's a lot of local lolita in San Jose and also in the Bay Area. Problem is, I'm still debating whether I want to go to the Con or not XD

Well this is now a sign that you MUST go to fanime.

... sides... it's fanime... you can't miss fanime...

Kazuhide Aeiji

"The basic idea sounds alright, but your description is a bit sparse.
Can you give us a better idea of what exactly your panel would
consist of? I'd also need the following:
-Length of the panel. Standard slot is an hour long.
-How many individuals will be helping you to present the panel?

Rena
Panels Coordination, FanimeCon 2007"

I was emailed this response, regarding a possible lolita fashion panel. Anyone care to help out? I only provided bare-bones info for them because I was just throwing the idea out.

Lizchan33

Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji""The basic idea sounds alright, but your description is a bit sparse.
Can you give us a better idea of what exactly your panel would
consist of? I'd also need the following:
-Length of the panel. Standard slot is an hour long.
-How many individuals will be helping you to present the panel?

Rena
Panels Coordination, FanimeCon 2007"

I was emailed this response, regarding a possible lolita fashion panel. Anyone care to help out? I only provided bare-bones info for them because I was just throwing the idea out.

I would love to help out a lolita fashion panel!!!!!!
I just so happen to be hosting the lolita picnic this year so it would be a cool thing to do!

Having it organized is a big plus though, my idea was apparently concise enough and Rena told me:
"This sounds fine, but I need to lock you down to a specific time in
order to send your panel to scheduling. "

Let me know if you're really up to it....

Kazuhide Aeiji

I've already posted this to the lj community EGL so I'm waiting on more interests to help out. Hopefully people also reply here as well, since not everyone is a member of EGL  :lol:

Lizchan33

Quote from: "Kazuhide Aeiji"I've already posted this to the lj community EGL so I'm waiting on more interests to help out. Hopefully people also reply here as well, since not everyone is a member of EGL  :lol:

I'll have to keep an eye out for it then!

Leviathan

I vote for someone to do a panel for "How to get your Manga Published". So  you can get an idea on how the industry works and what exactly you need to do to get your work out there.

Also I vote for a JRock panel. The music styles, the clothes, etc.

Kava

Well... I obviously should have had a forum account a long time ago... ^-^;;

Since a lot of these suggestions weren't able to be used this year for various reasons, I'll have to make a note of them for next year.

-Rena
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Raydere

I want a DDR/In The Groove/Stepmania with pads panel in which people can learn how to play. Free practice sessions would be nice.

Anything to stop people from re-centering their feet after every step :evil:
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Kava

Quote from: "G.S. LXVIII"I want a DDR/In The Groove/Stepmania with pads panel in which people can learn how to play. Free practice sessions would be nice.

Anything to stop people from re-centering their feet after every step :evil:
Hmmm. Something like that might be a tad difficult to set up in a panel room. If we get the games in the arcade though, and someone wanted to set up an event for teaching tips and how-to's in the arcade, that might work perhaps?
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

KawaiiMess

Even though this thread is pretty much dead...

Self-Publishing Comics/Independent Comics Artist/American Manga panel. I'd like to hear about the work the USA manga artists have done, as well as how the landscape is changing in the comic book scene. Since I'm a comics-based artist myself, it'd be interesting to also hear about the Independent Manga scene (i.e, doujinshi, self-published comics).

How about a "Fangirl, Fanboy: Analysis and Discussion of the Misconceptions of the Anime Fan" panel? After coming into contact with so many faucets of the fandom, it'd be interesting to talk about them, the misconceptions/truths surrounding them, and the impact this has on the anime fan scene.
fanime 2019 kaws purae: Misora (Kamen Rider Build)/Jushin Thunder Liger (NJPW)/ Kalina (Girls Frontline)