Panel and Workshop Suggestions for 2007

Started by fullmetalneko, May 29, 2006, 09:57:36 PM

fullmetalneko

Hello everyone,

Just posting this up here now so we can get a start as soon as possible in planning for next year.  I was happy with how things went my first time around.  But I know that things can be better!   So start those ideas here.  This will also help me get a picture of what kind of set up we may need as well.  There have already been a few suggestions I have seen in other threads, such as having more Video Game related panels, Ect.   Please post those here.  

I will also ask if everyone can be as detailed as possible in discribing what kind of panel they want.  In some ways this may sound silly, but it will really help when trying to see if it can be pulled off or not.  

Thanks Everyone!   Lets see those ideas start rolling!  =}
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

drallcome

Please for the love of god dont have the fanimecon BB panel as the last thing next year.
Fanime Member since 1999

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "drallcome"Please for the love of god dont have the fanimecon BB panel as the last thing next year.

I already talked to someone about that today.  Next year things will be a bit easier on the scheduling.  So problems like this most likely wont happen again.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

Spiritsnare

Bring back Orange Lounge Radio. They deserved a bigger crowd.
epic progressive

vox

gmontem

Please put wifi in the panel room.  I'm sure some panels *cough*Fanime BB panel*cough* will benefit greatly from it.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "gmontem"Please put wifi in the panel room.  I'm sure some panels *cough*Fanime BB panel*cough* will benefit greatly from it.

This is something on my agenda, but since the convention center itself doesn't have a full Wi-Fi set up, the cost may be too insane to pull it off.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Bring back Orange Lounge Radio. They deserved a bigger crowd.

I actually have them scheduled already for next year.   We hope to have them set up somewhere for broadcast coverage next year.  Possibly from Stage Zero if I can get it arranged.  (That is my little personal Pipe Dream XD)  But indeed, Rob and Co. are great and it will be awesome to have them back next year. =}
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

zoupzuop2

If my suggestion (another thread in another subforum) comes true, then we need those Eurobeat artists to describe what goes into writing their songs. What synthesizers do they use? What makes it so addicting?

Eurobeat Panel FTW.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"If my suggestion (another thread in another subforum) comes true, then we need those Eurobeat artists to describe what goes into writing their songs. What synthesizers do they use? What makes it so addicting?

Eurobeat Panel FTW.

That is a cool idea.  Never thought of that. @_@
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

FanFicGuru

Video Game panels. Seriously, I think it would be awesome to have some panels that recap on E3 (Which would have happened slightly before Fanime) and/or a chance to show off some cool video game trailers. Companies I'd like to see at the video game panels:

Square-Enix
Capcom
DDR Company? Bemani I think?

People I'd LOVE to see (but is unlikely):
Nobuo Uematsu
Keiji Inafune (Creator of Megaman)
Yoshinori Kitase or another Final Fantasy Director (Kitase did VIII)

I'd love to see Matt Greenfield come down and do an ADV panel. When I saw him at JTAF a couple years ago he was really friendly and told us about a lot of cool stuff.

So yeah, Matt Greenfield doing an ADV panel.

Right now I can't think of any anime or manga people...but those are my suggestions for the moment.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

fullmetalneko

The ones I would like to try and bring in would be Konami (Bemani people), Capcom, SNK, Square-Enix, and Nippon-Ichi.  Konami and Nippon-Ichi probably being the easiest of those to get people in.  The people from Nippon-Ichi are so nice any time I have met them.  Square-Enix is the one that may be a huge huge challenge.  They tend to be very private in their dealings and even promotions.  Such as being very strict about photos and video of or around their booth at E3.  I feel lucky to have gotten the pictures of the big statues that I got.  But that is something I would like to have.  Particularly with such a large amount of Final Fantasy and general square cosplay that goes through, it would be great to have some kind of hosted panel.  

Its still a year away so its something to work on.  =}

As far as the guests...  Uematsu would probably be the easiest to obtain as far as possibilities.   Since Kitase and Nomura are the leads on FF13 they will probably be WAY busy for quite some time.  One other person to not discount would be Hinorobu Sakaguchi, since him and his Mistwalker team are working on a whole catalog of new IP's in the realm of RPGs.  (Not to mention working with Uematsu as an In-house sound man).  Again i'm really taken by this train of thought so lets see what can be done of it.

[Edit]  I forgot...  Namco/Bandai would probably be a good one too due to their growing catalog of Anime Based games.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

alkaline

"Damn You Internets!" spread across two nights :P

But we would desperately need a network connection.

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "alkaline""Damn You Internets!" spread across two nights :P

But we would desperately need a network connection.

That would be cool.  Again, id like to set up a network connection in a more centralized location but that is something I can only hope for ^^;
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

FanFicGuru

Nippon Ichi...awesome. I second that notion if you could bring them aboard. By then the Disgaea anime may very well be out here, as well as them having Disgaea 2 having been out for a while...

Nippon ichi=win.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

milkmandan

seeing that a lot of people that go to Fanime Con like the whole rave atomosphere but dont really go to real raves like Electric Daisy Carnival, Monster Massive, How Sweet It Is, Together As One and so on...none of them really get a chance to learn the art of glowsticking (yes it is a form of dance)

For a Panel idea in 2007 i was hoping to host a glowsticking and/or glowstringing session to teach people the art of dance and glowsticking.  and to show people that raves are NOT bad, its when you go there to take xtc do you defile the whole meaning of a rave.

some of you might have seen me on Saturday evening going at it with strings and such.  I was promoting the glowsticking.com community that which i am a part of.

*i already have a workshop for AX2006 this year so if you are interested. keep an eye out for me at AX2006.

milkmandan

another idea would be a fansubbing panel

As a fansubber myself, i would be glad to teach people how to get involved in fansubbing groups and how to be a part of something that seems meaningful but in the end no appreciates your work and 10,000 leech off of you :)

but yes a fansubbing panel would be nice, teaching people the process of obtaining raws, encoding, typesetting, karoke, translation and the likes.

gmontem

How about a Cosplay Photography panel where we get people like Lionel, EBK, BSaphire, an i360 rep (Jeff?), Agent Sakura9, Kevin Lillard, etc. up in front to share their experiences & tips, and answer questions :?:
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Eurobeat Panel FTW.

If we have a Eurobeat panel, we need a Para Para panel to accompany it.
epic progressive

vox

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Eurobeat Panel FTW.

If we have a Eurobeat panel, we need a Para Para panel to accompany it.

Actually the Para Para panel more than a basic eurobeat panel sounds awesome.  Knowing that some of the para para choreography is very centered around women I could just see that being pure hilarity.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

joshness

A webcomic Panel! Bring back Snafu-Dave (Can we get Bleedman?), Ian from Machall, Bribe Fred to come back, Try to make amends with Real Life, would be sweet if we could entice the applegeeks guys (but i don't see that happening).