Panel and Workshop Suggestions for 2007

Started by fullmetalneko, May 29, 2006, 09:57:36 PM

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "joshness"A webcomic Panel! Bring back Snafu-Dave (Can we get Bleedman?), Ian from Machall, Bribe Fred to come back, Try to make amends with Real Life, would be sweet if we could entice the applegeeks guys (but i don't see that happening).

LOL don't worry dude, ill work on it.  =}   Ill see what I can pull off.   As for Piro, he does go to Sakura-con fairly regularly.  We will see though.  We have a year for this so anything can happen.  ^^
FanimeCon 2006 - Panels Head
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

otakuapprentice

there should be a panel with no set subject and just have people give ideas at the start and let it run from there
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"there should be a panel with no set subject and just have people give ideas at the start and let it run from there

That would be funny to watch on video later but i'm sure that would get out of hand FAST.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "fullmetalneko"
Quote from: "otakuapprentice"there should be a panel with no set subject and just have people give ideas at the start and let it run from there

That would be funny to watch on video later but i'm sure that would get out of hand FAST.
true. thats why you set some rules beforehand, or, make it a late-night panel to accomadate anything that might send it going haywire. i would so love to do that. :D
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

FanFicGuru

An AMV critique panel would be cool to do as well.

Take a few well known AMV creators out there and (with producers' permission) they can critique their AMV's in progress as well as mix in an educational segment about the making of AMV's and how to choose your music, anime, and some good programs to use. I think that would be awesome.

For me anyways, I think it would be easier to participate in the AMV contest than the Masquerade...so this could be something to help people become inspired to participate in 2008's AMV contest. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Lex

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"
Quote from: "zoupzuop2"Eurobeat Panel FTW.

If we have a Eurobeat panel, we need a Para Para panel to accompany it.

It'd be great if we had one. Wouldn't know what would go on..maybe teach others new para, or have demonstrations or routines performed. Oh! Also, could throw in some techpara too. In any case, I'd go to it...when I'm not playing the arcade game itself in the game room that is. ^^

fullmetalneko

That wouldn't be too hard to arrange.  Actually have a para para workshop where they try to teach the Masses to actually dance lol.   That is a good idea XD  

Only problem I can think of is getting the room set up for it.  But that is a great idea. =}
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Just an idea, why not VGcats? We did have Megatokyo at one point I think...FanimeCon 2004. I'm sure we can try it, if we are lucky ^^;

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Video Game panels. Seriously, I think it would be awesome to have some panels that recap on E3 (Which would have happened slightly before Fanime) and/or a chance to show off some cool video game trailers. Companies I'd like to see at the video game panels:

Square-Enix
Capcom
DDR Company? Bemani I think?

People I'd LOVE to see (but is unlikely):
Nobuo Uematsu
Keiji Inafune (Creator of Megaman)
Yoshinori Kitase or another Final Fantasy Director (Kitase did VIII)

I'd love to see Matt Greenfield come down and do an ADV panel. When I saw him at JTAF a couple years ago he was really friendly and told us about a lot of cool stuff.

So yeah, Matt Greenfield doing an ADV panel.

Right now I can't think of any anime or manga people...but those are my suggestions for the moment.

An E3 review eh? An interesting idea...I mean, at one point in the E-Gaming area we did show random clips from E3 2006, most notably are a few of the new Wii games and XBox360 trailers. Now, we can do that again, but we need to explore how legal that is (from a standpoint).

We per se did have Gamers for Hire (GFH) on site, but because of the scheduling and a couple of circumstances, it was not as popular as we thought. What GFH did is a small panel that involve talking about the Video Gaming Industry and how to get into it. We can bring them back, with other possible panel ideas.

We got a year (ok 11 months) - we'll see what happens. We're all open to new ideas=)
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "Umi.Ryuuzaki"Just an idea, why not VGcats? We did have Megatokyo at one point I think...FanimeCon 2004. I'm sure we can try it, if we are lucky ^^;

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"Video Game panels. Seriously, I think it would be awesome to have some panels that recap on E3 (Which would have happened slightly before Fanime) and/or a chance to show off some cool video game trailers. Companies I'd like to see at the video game panels:

Square-Enix
Capcom
DDR Company? Bemani I think?

People I'd LOVE to see (but is unlikely):
Nobuo Uematsu
Keiji Inafune (Creator of Megaman)

I'd love to see Matt Greenfield come down and do an ADV panel. When I saw him at JTAF a couple years ago he was really friendly and told us about a lot of cool stuff.

So yeah, Matt Greenfield doing an ADV panel.

Right now I can't think of any anime or manga people...but those are my suggestions for the moment.

An E3 review eh? An interesting idea...I mean, at one point in the E-Gaming area we did show random clips from E3 2006, most notably are a few of the new Wii games and XBox360 trailers. Now, we can do that again, but we need to explore how legal that is (from a standpoint).

We per se did have Gamers for Hire (GFH) on site, but because of the scheduling and a couple of circumstances, it was not as popular as we thought. What GFH did is a small panel that involve talking about the Video Gaming Industry and how to get into it. We can bring them back, with other possible panel ideas.

We got a year (ok 11 months) - we'll see what happens. We're all open to new ideas=)

I know Fred probably wont come back out.  Id love to have him since he is such a great guy.  But I am not sure it will happen.  Sakura-Con gets him almost every year =P.  The VGCats guys id love to have too but I think they are East Costers like Fred.  Which would make it challenging.  

I'm currently working on a few companies to come in for panels this year.  Square-Enix so far has been the only one that is proving elusive.  But I still have yet to get on my hands and knees to a few people to get them here. =}  So there might yet be a chance.  We do have 11 months.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

fullmetalneko

Quote from: "FanFicGuru"

Kitase also did VII and was a Producer on Advent Children.
Now Rena's Panel's Slave

uzutake

Can we have that BBS/Forum panel again? I didnt go this year...

Or was it a panel? I remember passing a certain room and saw on a big screen the names "Loktera and gmontem" >.<

Kazuko

Quote from: "uzutake"Can we have that BBS/Forum panel again? I didnt go this year...

Or was it a panel? I remember passing a certain room and saw on a big screen the names "Loktera and gmontem" >.<
XD yeah it was a pannel! it was freeking awesome

O: but yeah if a fanime forum pannel is up again i hope its like on a saturday or something x:

x: i also suggest a gothic lolita pannel cause i heard PMX is getting like Baby the Stars shine bright and/or Metamorphose temps de fille (both of these are Lolita brands btw) to come and talk about the style~

:3 but it would be freeking sweet

Nina Star 9

Quote from: "Kazuko"
x: i also suggest a gothic lolita pannel cause i heard PMX is getting like Baby the Stars shine bright and/or Metamorphose temps de fille (both of these are Lolita brands btw) to come and talk about the style~

you stole my idea. >>

i think this would be good so that we can teach the masses like, how to distingusih between the diffrent types of loli, let them know that short skirts from hot topic with creap red lace on them are not lolita, and stuff like that. o-o

i will even voulenteer myself to help. o-o

Kazuko

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"

you stole my idea. >>

i think this would be good so that we can teach the masses like, how to distingusih between the diffrent types of loli, let them know that short skirts from hot topic with creap red lace on them are not lolita, and stuff like that. o-o

:3 me too

and how to explain to the masses that Mana isnt the founder of the lolita style XD <3

ooooh i wanna help in this pannel sooo bad if it comes together <3

Sucrose

Quote from: "Nina Star 9"

you stole my idea. >>

:3 me too

and how to explain to the masses that Mana isnt the founder of the lolita style XD <3

ooooh i wanna help in this pannel sooo bad if it comes together <3

I'd attend it, if only to see you doing a panel. *laugh* (Naw, but I'd be interested in learning what there is to know, just for future reference.)
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)

BunofGovt

Any chance of getting a Food demonstration this year?  I know there was a restriction on not being able to cook in the rooms (like a burner etc.).  But maybe we could get a rice cooker hooked up in one of the rooms and do either sushi or onigiri (this sounds so familiar)?  The panel could include a discussion of what to mix in the onigiri (scene from Fruits Basket  :) ), various rice vinegars, flavorings or those cute little seaweed/furikake/etc. mixes?

Just a thought.  Oh, and also the various onigiri molds in addition to being able to form one in the palm of your hand.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

cappeh

i'm so down for the parapara panel. D:

maybe several routines could be taught, then there would be a dance.

or, if there are enough paralists attending, a possible competition? O:
i doubt it, though. >_>
hi i lav u

slifertheskydragon

What about an artist review panel (like you get top manga artists to critique your work and help you improve)

otakuya

Phoenix Wright-style court case!

about what, i have no idea....

TheAvacado

I like the onigiri or sushi demo suggestion.  XD  I thought of Furuba as soon as I read onigiri as well.  ^^;  Anyway, even if burners are not allowed, there can still be a demonstration.  Well, I guess it would be a bit more complicated though.  One; the speaker could bring their own pre-cooked rice but then I don't know how that would work 'cause it would be cold by then...  anyways, two; use other materials in place of real food.  Just use the demo to teach the basics and what materials to use.  
For example, use playdough or something for rice and other bits of stuff for the vinegar and seasonings.
Even in the light, Death can take us.