Official 2007 Fanime Gatherings List

Started by BSaphire, May 29, 2006, 11:47:23 PM

Were you able to located the gatherings during Fanime 2006?

Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Fanime.com Cosplay forum.
31 (36%)
Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Cosplay.com Fanime forums.
5 (5.8%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Official 2006 Fanime Gatherings list.
8 (9.3%)
No, because I couldn't find the information at Fanime 2006.
9 (10.5%)
No, because I was not on either the Fanime.com forums or the Cosplay.com forums before Fanime 2006.
10 (11.6%)
I didn't know because I was new to Fanime 2006.
8 (9.3%)
I didn't care either way.
4 (4.7%)
Yes because of 1-3.
9 (10.5%)
whatever.
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: May 29, 2006, 11:47:23 PM

BSaphire

Look for the Official Fanime 2008 Cosplay Gatherings List Thread!
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

SakuraNek0

Well, there were some last minute gatherings that weren't updated onto the list when you had left, so a lot of people missed a few gatherings, so I suppose that was a problem.
Myuu~
Fanime '08 Cosplay list?
Friday: ??
Saturday: Sakagami Kouya? (Loveless), Marisa Kirisame (Touhou)
Sunday: Koizumi Itsuko (SHnY)
Monday: ??
Unplaced cosplays: Nagato Yuuki (SHnY); acolyte (RO)

100% BEEF

Seconded, missed my gathering... :cry:

hellangel

The CLAMP one was 12 Noon but people forgot it was at Noon and NOT at 1 PM, so the group came out very very small ;__;
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

goldfish

what were the gatherings you guys missed???

scyper15

I only had a few gathering that interested me, so I was able to find and make it to them. I'm not sure if there was a list of all the gatherings on Fanime.com Cosplay forums, but I think there should be one because it's easier for everyone.

Like someone like BSapphire should be in charge of looking in every 2007 Gathering thread and then compose of a full list. Then that list will be put up onto a sticky. I found a list like that on BSapphire's website, but I don't think there was one on here. It was very convenient for me. :D

BSaphire

Quote from: "hellangel"The CLAMP one was 12 Noon but people forgot it was at Noon and NOT at 1 PM, so the group came out very very small ;__;
I'm sorry to hear that the gathering was small. I checked on that and this is what I found.... I had marked it in blue which ment that someone on cosplay.com posted me about the gathering. I went there and this is what I found from LadyAxum on the 15th of May...
"The CLAMP Gathering Shall be on Sunday at 12 by the fountains in front of the convention center"

That is post #63 here http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=76518&page=5

Again, I am sorry that it was very small. My hopes were to get a few people to attend the gatherings that didn't know about them. I will see if there is anything different I can do to make this better for next year.
Thank you for posting. I appreciate it ^^).

Quote from: "SakuraNekO"Well, there were some last minute gatherings that weren't updated onto the list when you had left, so a lot of people missed a few gatherings, so I suppose that was a problem.
SakuraNeko, I agree. I started posting deadlines in early May in hopes of getting as much accurate information as possible. I posted in my threads (the gathering threads/sticky on both forums) that I had done all I could do for updates and I had sent it off along with lots of other info to get done for con. At that point I could not change the info on the List that I was going to have around con.

I should let all the cospeeps know that I did not constantly research the different gathering threads like last year. Youko helped me last year to do that. She and I were swamped with costuming & consignments among work and many other things. I did try to get on and look through a few. I managed to reach some of the gatherings that had incomplete info and finalize their information on the list.

Do you have any suggestions? I know that I am pushing to get the list in with the programs so that I know each person has their own copy. I don't care if it is a pocket guide placed in the bag along with the program that you get at registration (AND I WOULD MUCH PREFER THIS) but something would be better than nothing. In order for this to happen the deadlines must be met. It takes many people to get a program like Fanime's done, and that is not even including the printers ^^). I would not want Our Gatherings List to delay that process in any way.

I hope you had fun at Fanime and thank you for posting.^^)  

Appologies to you also, 100% BEEF, I didn't want anyone to miss their gathering. In reverse I know how that feels.

I was not able to shoot all the gatherings because there isn't enough of me to go around. I only hope that at least one professional photog was able to make all the gatherings I was not able to.
(Sorry Trigun ^^) I heard that EBK made it and then I heard he didn't. I only cosplayed on Sunday and it took forever to get into costume. I was pretty sure that at least one of the photogs I know would have been there with all those smexy Vashes & Wolfwoods running around *giggle... where is Merle? Glad I got those shots on Friday though ^^)

Quote from: "scyper15"I only had a few gathering that interested me, so I was able to find and make it to them. I'm not sure if there was a list of all the gatherings on Fanime.com Cosplay forums, but I think there should be one because it's easier for everyone.

Like someone like BSapphire should be in charge of looking in every 2007 Gathering thread and then compose of a full list. Then that list will be put up onto a sticky. I found a list like that on BSapphire's website, but I don't think there was one on here. It was very convenient for me.

Thanks scyper15 for the vote of confidence. If you found it on my website *Yeah!!! then you got that information because of the threads on the forums. I posted the list in my Fanime section and a downloadable copy on my front page.

I tried to do what you thought last year. Youko maintained the threads on the Fanime forums and I did the Cosplay forums. That was a huge amount of time and you have no idea how many posts that includes reading. By making the thread and having them stickied we cut the time down, but we still researched as many of the threads as possible.

This year I would occasionally go through and post in the threads, but doing both forums myself with my other demands was still very time consuming.

Thank you for posting ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Green_Tea

Having the gathering lists at the info tables this year was really helpful...

Maybe it would be a good idea to get together with the people at Stage 0. I heard them make several announcements and it might be worth having them announce gatherings when they're going on and where.
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

scyper15

Yeah, it is very time consuming to go through all the threads. So let's make a sticky that says "All Gatherings for 2007 Sign Up Here" or something. Then only the leader of each of their gatherings are allowed to sign up. Like I will reply in that thread saying :

Death Note Gathering 2007
Time: Blah
Day: Blah

Then a mod can update the first post of that thread with the info provided. That way, it'll be easier than going through every single thread. Sorry if this idea was already proposed. X_X

BunofGovt

Quote from: "scyper15"Yeah, it is very time consuming to go through all the threads. So let's make a sticky that says "All Gatherings for 2007 Sign Up Here" or something. Then only the leader of each of their gatherings are allowed to sign up. Like I will reply in that thread saying :

Then a mod can update the first post of that thread with the info provided. That way, it'll be easier than going through every single thread. Sorry if this idea was already proposed. X_X

This is an excellent idea!  And if the thread could be updated by the leaders up to at least Friday night (there weren't any gatherings on Friday, were there?  If so, then the updates could be done up to Thursday night) so anyone able to get onto the forum would have an updated list of gatherings.  I think BSaphire was able to update up to the 24th and appreciate the updated list.  Having copies of the list posted at BOTH con information desks would be great, too, then if there were any changes to the list that had to be made (hopefully none) maybe the leaders of the gatherings could update right at the tables.

Quote from: "Green_Tea"Having the gathering lists at the info tables this year was really helpful...

Maybe it would be a good idea to get together with the people at Stage 0. I heard them make several announcements and it might be worth having them announce gatherings when they're going on and where.

I didn't see copies of the gatherings at the info tables ....  But having announcements at Stage Zero would be nice.  Maybe just before the half hour (if it's not interrupting whatever show/panel is on) say: The Eva gathering is at the fountains in 5 minutes.

Hey, maybe we could get the announcements also made in the dealers room?  Only I'd give it 10 minutes instead of 5 to give everyone a chance to get their shopping done and get out of the dealers room.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Youko_Kurama

I was able to find every thing.... well also because BSaphire is my mother. But most every one knows that.

I am sorry that I was not able to help my mother this year. I had lots of work with costumes and on top of that a very timely, hard working job. I still feel as though everything is spinning.  :-&

This year I will be taking on the cosplay.com end of the gathering list. I hope to do a good job. See you all next year.
Costumes for Fanime o6:
Hollow Ichgo, FF8 Siren

BSaphire

Quote from: "Youko_Kurama"I was able to find every thing.... well also because BSaphire is my mother. But most every one knows that.

I am sorry that I was not able to help my mother this year. I had lots of work with costumes and on top of that a very timely, hard working job. I still feel as though everything is spinning.  :-&

This year I will be taking on the cosplay.com end of the gathering list. I hope to do a good job. See you all next year.
Your my daughter? *LOL I thought you were Larva's daughter *LOLTMSH!!! ^^)

Youko... update your sig on this forum... I know that Jean from Suikuden IV is like 90% done! ^^) Just so that everyone knows.... Youko Helped ME LOTS!!! before and during con... just wait till I get her in front of that sewing machine *giggles... Look out AX cause we've got new ones coming ^^)!!!
Quote from: "BunofGovt"This is an excellent idea! And if the thread could be updated by the leaders up to at least Friday night (there weren't any gatherings on Friday, were there? If so, then the updates could be done up to Thursday night) so anyone able to get onto the forum would have an updated list of gatherings. I think BSaphire was able to update up to the 24th and appreciate the updated list. Having copies of the list posted at BOTH con information desks would be great, too, then if there were any changes to the list that had to be made (hopefully none) maybe the leaders of the gatherings could update right at the tables.
Yes there were gatherings on Friday, with a pretty good turn out for the ones I shot..^^) I heard from some that they knew I wasn't able to update after the 24th so they checked through both forums and read the posts to see if there were any changes. Most changes happened in the particular gathering thread so they alread knew before me. Some never posted the change on mine, they just posted it within the thread. I would like to have a white board with sleaves for the gathering to be placed in for both info tables next year. I will try to have some abilities at con with the gathering list for next year. I too want the updates on there and I might just find someone to undertake keeping this current during con (both the lists at the table and the lists on the forums.)
Quote from: "BunofGovt"
I didn't see copies of the gatherings at the info tables .... But having announcements at Stage Zero would be nice. Maybe just before the half hour (if it's not interrupting whatever show/panel is on) say: The Eva gathering is at the fountains in 5 minutes.

Hey, maybe we could get the announcements also made in the dealers room? Only I'd give it 10 minutes instead of 5 to give everyone a chance to get their shopping done and get out of the dealers room.
I know that Friday the list was very accessable. I know that the list was packed up with the stuff from the info table so as not to get misplaced. If it had stayed out (since it could not be taped down) the list might have grown legs of it's own and tried to see the con from somewhere else ^^). When I asked about "Stage 0" I was told that there was no place to put the list and that they couldn't help me. I too thought that it would be a prime location and an announcement would have been awesome!!! I will see if it is possible next year. I don't know about the dealers room though. It get's pretty noisy in there. I don't know if anyone would hear it. If "Stage 0" announced it then the chances of some cospeeps in the dealers room finding out would be greatly increased, if only by word of mouth.
Quote from: "scyper15"Yeah, it is very time consuming to go through all the threads. So let's make a sticky that says "All Gatherings for 2007 Sign Up Here" or something. Then only the leader of each of their gatherings are allowed to sign up. Like I will reply in that thread saying :

Kind of what I have been doing. I always use my post on page 1 of a thread to keep all updates, wheather a gathering or gatherings list. This way they can go to page one and find the info.

When info on a gathering is posted I request: Who {Joe Annon Gathering}, When {Saturday}, Meeting Place {2nd floor convention lobby entrance}, Location {Fountains in Front of the Convention}. The guidelines and info needed for the list is posted at the top of the list post in my thread. Sometimes gatherings are done outside of the forums and I get emails and or PM's to be included. Don't be sorry about proposing and idea. I appreciate your thoughts and I know you are trying to help ^^).
Quote from: "Green_Tea"Having the gathering lists at the info tables this year was really helpful...

^^) Thanks! I had hoped they would. I refered to "Stage 0" earlier in this post so please read that. I agree that it would be helpful.

Thank you everyone for posting & for those who voted!!! I appreciate you taking the time to give me feed back, good or bad, because I want next year to be even better!!!

Till next time...

Anime Wishes & Cosplay Dreams!!! ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

lying is an art form

I want to do a HxH gathering, don't know if anyone's interested... hopefully we can have a full Genei Ryodan present!
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

zoupzuop2

Throw a Ranma ½ gathering in there as well.

This year, there'll be more than just 4 of us there!!!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

BSaphire

Well I have been running this poll on the Fanime forums and the Cosplay.com/Fanime forum. Combined to date there are 44 votes... but it has received over 422 views and 18 posts combined.

Call me crazy... ok Deviant ^^) but those #'s don't match up with the poll results. SO again I want to encourage you to vote and give me your feed back, good or bad. My goal is to make the 2007 list better and more available than ever before!

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated ^^)

Thanks
B

Now to reply to those who have commented...^^)

Itachi no Jutsu & zoupzuop2: Thank you for your energy!! I would like to suggest that you check and see if someone has started a 2007 thread for either a Ranma 1/2 or HunterXHunter gathering. There is a good chance that the HXH gathering may get incorporated into the 2007 "Jump" gathering since HXH is a "Jump" release. If there isn't a thread already started (be sure and search the old ones too) go ahead and start a new one or revive the old one.
Thank you for posting and
I'm wishing both of you Anime Corrupted wishes & Deviant Cosplay dreams!!! ^^)  
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

ININ

I checked out the info booth twice a day on Saturday and Sunday.  Unfortunately, I also didn't see the cosplay gatherings info sheet  :(

I'm sad about the CLAMP gathering confusion  :(   I stayed at the CLAMP between 12:00 and 12:20 and rushed to change to participate in the Full Metal Alchemist gathering at 12:30.

hellangel

Quote from: "BSaphire"I'm sorry to hear that the gathering was small. I checked on that and this is what I found.... I had marked it in blue which ment that someone on cosplay.com posted me about the gathering. I went there and this is what I found from LadyAxum on the 15th of May...
"The CLAMP Gathering Shall be on Sunday at 12 by the fountains in front of the convention center"

Again, I am sorry that it was very small. My hopes were to get a few people to attend the gatherings that didn't know about them. I will see if there is anything different I can do to make this better for next year.
Thank you for posting. I appreciate it ^^).

Oh, don't feel bad, BSaphire, it wasn't you're fault! I just appreciate that you take the time to compile all the gatherings together from different sources ^___^ Thankies! <3

Quote from: "ININ"I'm sad about the CLAMP gathering confusion  :(   I stayed at the CLAMP between 12:00 and 12:20 and rushed to change to participate in the Full Metal Alchemist gathering at 12:30.

Hehe...er...that won't happen again ^^" Sorry! I didn't find out about the CLAMP gathering until later, but I didn't want to go to the trouble of moving the FMA gathering AGAIN. As a fan of both, I'll try to make sure they won't conflict again...^^"

Quote from: "BSaphire"Well I have been running this poll on the Fanime forums and the Cosplay.com/Fanime forum. Combined to date there are 44 votes... but it has received over 422 views and 18 posts combined.

Call me crazy... ok Deviant ^^) but those #'s don't match up with the poll results. SO again I want to encourage you to vote and give me your feed back, good or bad. My goal is to make the 2007 list better and more available than ever before!

Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated ^^)

Thanks
B

*raises hand* I voted! =3
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

ININ

Quote from: "hellangel"

Quote from: "ININ"I'm sad about the CLAMP gathering confusion  :(   I stayed at the CLAMP between 12:00 and 12:20 and rushed to change to participate in the Full Metal Alchemist gathering at 12:30.

Hehe...er...that won't happen again ^^" Sorry! I didn't find out about the CLAMP gathering until later, but I didn't want to go to the trouble of moving the FMA gathering AGAIN. As a fan of both, I'll try to make sure they won't conflict again...^^"

No worries.  There is always next year XD

Sora

The Yami no Matsuei gathering this year was really small . . .
"Don't give me any orders."

hosoi-koe

A listing would actually be really convenient... but what I'd fear would be those who create gatherings, sign them up, and neglect them until they forget about them completely. x.x;
~ Jun Watarase <3