Official 2007 Fanime Gatherings List

Started by BSaphire, May 29, 2006, 11:47:23 PM

Were you able to located the gatherings during Fanime 2006?

Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Fanime.com Cosplay forum.
31 (36%)
Yes, I knew when and where because I found it in the Cosplay.com Fanime forums.
5 (5.8%)
Yes, because I was able to find out when and where during con because of the Official 2006 Fanime Gatherings list.
8 (9.3%)
No, because I couldn't find the information at Fanime 2006.
9 (10.5%)
No, because I was not on either the Fanime.com forums or the Cosplay.com forums before Fanime 2006.
10 (11.6%)
I didn't know because I was new to Fanime 2006.
8 (9.3%)
I didn't care either way.
4 (4.7%)
Yes because of 1-3.
9 (10.5%)
whatever.
2 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: May 29, 2006, 11:47:23 PM

Asa_Gohan

There has to be a gathering where the ninjas and pirates meet up. AT THE SAME TIME!!! OH NOEZ!!

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

BunofGovt

Quote from: "Asa_Gohan"There has to be a gathering where the ninjas and pirates meet up. AT THE SAME TIME!!! OH NOEZ!!

Oh Yeeeess!  I mean,  aayyyyeeeee, mateys!  Of course, we also want to coordinate it with the One Piece gathering, either before or after so it's more convenient for those cosplayers.  Having a centralized list will help with that.

Quote from: "hosoi-koe"A listing would actually be really convenient... but what I'd fear would be those who create gatherings, sign them up, and neglect them until they forget about them completely. x.x;

I'm trying to make sure the thread stays active, also, but since I've been traveling more for work, it's hard to keep logging in to the site.   :(
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BSaphire

I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has voted and given their input on how to make the Offical Gatherings list a bigger success next year. I also want to say thank you BuntOfGov for keeping it alive ^^).

Here's the lowdown so far...

Seems as though everything that could financially go wrong in a 60 day time period seems to have happened in my life ... *sigh.. but, on the up side ...

I will have the gatherings list in plastic on a white or blue board.
The boards will be at different locations around the convention.
I will start the gatherings list around the end of January begining of February.
I am currently working on how to get the pocket version for the gathering list.

Here is the list of people/places that the list boards were best located...

Info booth (I will have at least two next year)
Peace Bonding
Con Ops
Consplayers
EBK
GainaxBoy
Bartboy

locations for 2007 will be anounced later next year when things are more finalized.

On another note...
Youko Kurama and I announced to several people who asked about commissions if we could do costumes or pieces for next year. In reply to any who wondered... We are Not currently taking any consignments. We are booked from Yaoi con to Sakura Con with one of the biggest projects to date. If we complete it on time then we will look at consignments for Fanime on a To Be Discussed basis. If all goes well everyone will get to see this project on stage at Fanime 2007 if not sooner.

As for the pics... I have been really busy. From co emcc with redheadcosplay.com at the Sac Anime Con on July 15 to trying to get more income in my home. Life has been a little crazy ^^). I don't have everything done and what I do have is too much to upload from this location. So, when it is done I will let everyone know.

Thank you again for your input, your kindness and well wishes that I have received in the last 60 days... It has ment more to me than anyone will ever know.
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Sassi_the_SYFG

There was only one gathering that I was interested in this year, and I knew where to be because of the Fanime boards and seeing the list at the info desk.  EBK then was helpful because he found my friends and I waiting for the gathering and let us know it had changed location.

BSaphire, you did a really good job.  I'm just chiming in to nominate you to be in charge of the list of gatherings for next year, too.  That is, of course, if you want to be.

AnimefanJJ

We need to someone to be there a help people out by telling them the time and place of a gathering, I did that through half of the con this year. I would do it again, and I'm bring back my Final Fantasy 7 gathering.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

BSaphire

I just wanted to let everyone know.... I will be posting the gatherings list in several locations on the web this year and placing boards in key locations around the convention.

Websites:
Sac Anime And Comics Forum: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Sac_Anime_and_Comics/
Cosplay.com Fanime Forums:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1612480#post1612480
My Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/bsaphire
Fanime.com Cosplay Forums:
http://forums.fanime.com/viewtopic.php?t=4958
My website:
http://www.bluesaphireproductions.com/

Possible Locations @ Fanime 2007: (I am currently working on things so for now this is where I would like to locate them.)

Both Information Desks (2)
Convention Entrance to Hilton Hotel (1)
Convention Entrance to Marriot Hotel (1)
Fanime Peacebonding (1)
Stage Zero (1) If located the same place and its ok
Dealers Room (1)
Main Gaming Room (1)

How does this sound?
Till next time....

Anime Corrupted wishes & Deviant Cosplaying dreams!!! ^^)
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

I posted things outta order... read the above post ^^)
Thanks....
Toodles
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

AbsolutelyCursed

Sounds good to me; especially the possible locations of the boards

BunofGovt

Yay!  Let there be order and organization!  Thanks, BSaphire, for handling this again.  Now, if I can just get my pirates back on board ...  :P

Miss Goku

Umm I am asumming this is where you find out where gatherings are... I was wondering where adn if there is going to be a Saiyuki gathering at Fanime 07? There was one last year and not many showed up but this year there should more because I am making some of my freinds cosplay Saiyuki ^-^

BunofGovt

Quick question:  I seem to remember that the gatherings took place on all four days of the con, mostly between 11:00am and 4:30ish.  Would there be a problem with a gathering at 10:30am?  I think the dealer room opened at 10:00am and some of the panels started then or earlier, but I don't see why we can't have a gathering before 11:00?

This from an early-bird person.  Even if I'm up late the night before (or even into the a.m.) I try to get up before 7:00am.

BSaphire

Quote from: "BunofGovt"Quick question:  I seem to remember that the gatherings took place on all four days of the con, mostly between 11:00am and 4:30ish.  Would there be a problem with a gathering at 10:30am?  I think the dealer room opened at 10:00am and some of the panels started then or earlier, but I don't see why we can't have a gathering before 11:00?

This from an early-bird person.  Even if I'm up late the night before (or even into the a.m.) I try to get up before 7:00am.
That is a good question BunofGovt. I normally start my times @ 10 am. What I have found is that the photographers are not always available for earlier gatherings and not all cosplayers get up and ready before 10 am.

This year I didn't have time to attend all of them, and for 2007 I have some key cosplay I am doing. In 2005 I spent most of Fanime outside shooting the gatherings. I ended up sunburned and exhausted. For 2006 I attended gatherings that I was requested to shoot, which freed up more time, but with my business requirements there really wasn't enough time to really enjoy all that Fanime offered.

So as you schedual your gatherings consider the number of people you know are guarenteed to attend. The big gatherings like Naruto, Bleach, Final Fantasy and Jump take afternoon spots because of so many people and they need time to change costumes to attend. When you have 50 to 100 people attend the gathering then you know that the photogs are going to be there.

Smaller gatherings don't normally conflict with time overlap and the photographers try to make it to two or three that are being held at the same time and location.
Hope this helps everyone ^^)

B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Konnichiwa Fanime Peeps!

Isn't it great! The forums are up and the countdown to Fanime is on a role! Good news..............?........................... I am helping Fanime organize and run the "Gatherings List"!!!............... *LOL LOL :P LOL LOL :P. YEAH!!!!

So I have the times up and some slots are going too. Please only send me info that is complete and agreed upon by your majority. If you want a gathering to happen then do a search through the first ten pages of the cosplay thread and see if someone has started one for this year (NOTE* The date that the thread was started could read June 1, 2006 or later because some peeps get started on next year right after con)

As I update I will post here if you've been added. At the bottom of the list is a section called "Gatherings that need to be confirmed" if your gathering or a gathering you are planning to attend ends up there your gathering may not end up on the final list. I will do my best to move ya, slot ya, and put you on the final copy. If I know of another forum that is running the same gathering I may post a coment in your thread to let you know so someone can make sure to include each other.

OK... with all that said.... here is the disclaimer... Gatherings are subject at all times to cancel, move, or change @ con due to they are not schedualed around most of Fanime's main events.

This means that gathering ABC @ 11am on tuesday @ the fountains in front may move because "John Smith" voice actor for ABC character "J" is having a panel at that time and everyone is going there and they will hold the gathering after the panel.

This happens, but what sucks is when the panel is over and they changed their time to 1 pm. They all meet up out there and there is this Huge gathering and the photogs are all over there shooting that gathering.
With that said....

Let the Cosplay begin!

Arigato :D
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Konnichiwa Fanime Peeps!

Isn't it great! The forums are up and the countdown to Fanime is on a role! Good news..............?........................... I am helping Fanime organize and run the "Gatherings List"!!!............... *LOL LOL :P LOL LOL :P. YEAH!!!!

So I have the times up and some slots are going too. Please only send me info that is complete and agreed upon by your majority. If you want a gathering to happen then do a search through the first ten pages of the cosplay thread and see if someone has started one for this year (NOTE* The date that the thread was started could read June 1, 2006 or later because some peeps get started on next year right after con)

As I update I will post here if you've been added. At the bottom of the list is a section called "Gatherings that need to be confirmed" if your gathering or a gathering you are planning to attend ends up there your gathering may not end up on the final list. I will do my best to move ya, slot ya, and put you on the final copy. If I know of another forum that is running the same gathering I may post a coment in your thread to let you know so someone can make sure to include each other.

OK... with all that said.... here is the disclaimer... Gatherings are subject at all times to cancel, move, or change @ con due to they are not schedualed around most of Fanime's main events.

This means that gathering ABC @ 11am on tuesday @ the fountains in front may move because "John Smith" voice actor for ABC character "J" is having a panel at that time and everyone is going there and they will hold the gathering after the panel.

This happens, but what sucks is when the panel is over and they changed their time to 1 pm. They all meet up out there and there is this Huge gathering and the photogs are all over there shooting that gathering.
With that said....

Let the Cosplay begin!

Arigato :D
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Yukari Kaiba

The Bleach gathering has been confirmed for 12 on Sunday - we'll be joining up with the Jump gathering afterwards ^^
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

BSaphire

I added your group both days Imari and when you find out the MP & L let me know ok :)

Yeah! BLEACH at "Jump" ooooooh yeah! Make sure those that are going to attend post on the thread so that I can add their character and name to the list.

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Just wanted to say that the list has been updated! :)

If your gathering is in the "Unconfirmed" area please make sure to get the info to me :P

Arigato

BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

princessblade

General Final Fantasy Gathering
Like Ouran, we decided to have it on two days to accommodate those who have Saturday commitments.

The first will take place on Friday @ 3pm (Fountains), and the second on Saturday @ 2:30pm (Fountains).

Link to the thread

zoupzuop2

I'm going to throw a date up there to at least get it semi-set before Fanime.

Ranma ½ Gathering
-SUNDAY @ 5 PM, at the Fountains.

If anyone has something organized or disagrees, please post it. Otherwise... last year it just didn't happen. This will change that fact as such.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.