Stamp Rally Feedback and Suggestions

Started by FanFicGuru, May 30, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

FanFicGuru

First of all, just wanted to say I had a good time with the stamp rally this year. I got 7 stamps for that free Dear Friends shirt. Cool stuff.

Here are some suggestions for next year. I think it would be awesome.

1) Have a 'secret stamper'. Probably someone who is cosplaying. Every hour you release a new hint about the secret stamper. The first person to find them gets 10 stamps, and subsequent discoverers get 4 stamps. This would be a cool way to do a bit of hide and go seek in the midst of all those people.

2) Have the stamps apply for more than one thing. When I went to pick up my shirt I thought I would also get a raffle ticket...but it turns out that I had to choose. I would rather that it was applicable to both the raffle and the receiving of a prize.

3) More maps please. It would be good if you could try and make sure that there were plenty of maps for all 4 days.

Other than that I had a great time! I'm looking forward to next year's stamp rally!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Green_Tea

I didn't even know how to start it this year!!!! I saw two people in the AMV awards and at the Masquerade but I didn't know if I had to have a form or what. Plus, I'd already missed most of the stamp opportunities seeing as it was Sunday!...

I just thought the weren't doing it this year!
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%

FanFicGuru

Oh they were. The 'paper' was on the back of the stamp rally thing, it was in the dealers room, they had a booth in the last row on the left hand side.
Swap meet staff - 2014

Shi_Musouka

You could've also asked a staffer at any of the stamping stations for a stamp paper if you didn't want to run all the way to the dealer's booth for one.

I appreciate the feedback from this and I'll be sure to address the concerns to my department when I get the chance. Maybe suggest more variety in the prizes as well(stupid budgets=___=).

Kazuko

O: i heard them mentioning a gackt stamp

o__o is it true?

Shi_Musouka

Gackt stamp?

Uh, I don't think so... :?:

BunofGovt

*Obvious bump*

I'm sorry I missed the stamp rally this year.  It didn't start on Friday but Saturday, right?  But I got busy with cosplay gatherings and panels.  Plus I was on my own this year and wasn't sure if I could manage getting to the different spots (if this was like last year's event, some of the spots included the museum and an art gallery away from the convention center).  I'm planning on doing it next year no matter what, though!  :D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

FanFicGuru

I thought the prizes were pretty cool, I'm enjoying the shirt and stuff...

but more prizes are always nice. *nod* lol
Swap meet staff - 2014