Yuri

Started by Akaihari, May 30, 2006, 05:41:41 PM

Akaihari

There is a lot of yaoi but little to no yuri  :(
Now all of china knows you're here

Shinigami

Yeah, as I was in the Bishounen Bingo room I began to wonder....where's the Bishojo Bingo? I want to go to both! lol

~~Loktera~~

we can only hope for this, can't we?
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Charming_Dorian

Dude! You gotta take action!! I'm sure if there is enough interest something could be formed. We have a WHOLE year til next con...

Blue-Six

Quote from: "Akaihari"There is a lot of yaoi but little to no yuri  :(

I had an idea about that, and I've got the motivation to see it through.  8) (And I would have had a thread earlier if I didn't have work to go to. XD)  But like all big things, it would have to start small, so we shouldn't expect Yuri to become the force that Yaoi is at Fanimecon in the first shot.

First things first - what form should Yuri come in?  Dealer's Room? Video Programming?  Panels?  Let's drop some ideas here.  :o
"The speckle of light present in enclosed darkness."
Fanimecon '10 Volunteers Staff
[Tousen or Bust!]

-zoxan-

Is yuri the exact opposite of Yaoi? Wikipedia says nothing,so would you guys please?

Someone buy me a PuchiPuchi Prease~

Leishu

Hmmm

Well we have to keep in mind that the Yaoi stuff is backed by Yaoi-con. There was once a Yuricon but it was very, very shortlived. Yaoi also has the advantage of those of us who are bishies being willing to do the live programming portion of it. It may be a little harder to find Yuri girls.
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

Ayanami Rei First Child

Yuri is lesbian

Well I would LOVE to see some Yuriness! Even if there's only one panel on it...it'd be nice to have ^^;

Charming_Dorian

Quote from: "Leishu"Yaoi also has the advantage of those of us who are bishies being willing to do the live programming portion of it. It may be a little harder to find Yuri girls.

No.
I'm gonna be nice and keep it at no.

drallcome

Did you even see any H-Night showings? Pleanty of Yuri there. Plus in a regular room sunday afternoon there was "Girls High".
Fanime Member since 1999

Blue-Six

Quote from: "drallcome"Did you even see any H-Night showings? Pleanty of Yuri there. Plus in a regular room sunday afternoon there was "Girls High".

I went one night, but then was dragged off to randomly play Duck-Duck-Goose.  :lol: And isn't Girl's High a comedy?  I didn't get to see that (it was on at 11pm) because some stuff that happened after Masquerade (namely, leading a friend in a Menchi Dog costume back to the hotel).  But if it was, that's cool - it's just hard to tell when Yaoi has it's own block (several of them) but most people can't spot Yuri by title alone.  :wink:
"The speckle of light present in enclosed darkness."
Fanimecon '10 Volunteers Staff
[Tousen or Bust!]

mDuo13

I definitely met a couple girls at the con who weren't opposed to yuri.

I'd settle for just a shoujo-ai / yuri programming block. There are a lot of shows with yuri undertones or overtones - My-HiME & OTOME, Kannazuki no Miko, Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Avenger, Madlax, Noir, even (arguably) Fate/Stay Night, Pita Ten, and .hack//SIGN. Plus more that I've forgotten probably. Like Utena. And I don't even have any idea how much

And a little more yuri merchanise would be nice. I almost bought a KnM pencilboard. Posters would be better. And, well, I don't buy doujins, but I might be more tempted.

drallcome

Quote from: "Blue-Six"
Quote from: "drallcome"Did you even see any H-Night showings? Pleanty of Yuri there. Plus in a regular room sunday afternoon there was "Girls High".

I went one night, but then was dragged off to randomly play Duck-Duck-Goose.  :lol: And isn't Girl's High a comedy?  I didn't get to see that (it was on at 11pm) because some stuff that happened after Masquerade (namely, leading a friend in a Menchi Dog costume back to the hotel).  But if it was, that's cool - it's just hard to tell when Yaoi has it's own block (several of them) but most people can't spot Yuri by title alone.  :wink:

Shure Girls High is a comedy, all girl anime with pantie shots and fanservice everwhere. I would have to say Girls High is light Yuri.  Yuri doent have to allways have sexual intercorse. Its allso about girls relationships with each other just like yaoi is not all sexual aswell.
Fanime Member since 1999

Leishu

Actually... Yuri DOES have to have sexual intercourse. Without it, it's Shoujo-Ai.

Dorian: No to what? :p

Charming_Dorian

No because not all of the "bishies" are omg beautiful, a lot of it are doing it for the attention. The no is in disagreement that itd be hard to find girls to do it, there are plenty of meh looking girls who I'm sure would love the attention... example: girls who wear cosplays that arent best for their body type... need attention perhaps? yeah.  
Main point: It wouldn't be too hard.

Akaihari

I guess the main thing is that there is so much attention to just yaoi.

It would be really cool if there could just be one section in one booth that was devoted to yuri.

that would be all I would need
Now all of china knows you're here

Shinigami

Quote from: "Leishu"Yaoi also has the advantage of those of us who are bishies being willing to do the live programming portion of it. It may be a little harder to find Yuri girls.

I'm willing to be a yuri girl.

drallcome

Quote from: "Leishu"Actually... Yuri DOES have to have sexual intercourse. Without it, it's Shoujo-Ai.

Dorian: No to what? :p

I stand corrected. :) Call me a Shoujo-Ai fan boy then. teehee.
Fanime Member since 1999

Leishu

Thou art dubbeed. :3

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Leishu"Thou art dubbeed. :3

Not subbed?

Ouch. :lol:
epic progressive

vox