Samurai 7 anyone? (Cosplay 2007)

Started by Kegan_Flame, June 01, 2006, 12:22:14 PM

Kegan_Flame

THAT'S RIGHT! IT'S SAMURAI 7!! woohoo!!!

Day:

Time:

Place
: Meet at stage zero and decide from there

Kyuzo- Me, Kaine

Heihachi- risingpheonex13

Gorobei- gmontem

Kirara- Bearmoon (maybe!) & princessblade

Yukino- Bearmoon

Clone Prince- BSaphire

Rice person
- BSaphire's person & BSaphire's person

OtaKev

this actually crossed my mind too, i was thinking bout goin as Katsushiro, but hm its gonna take quite a bit of time to do the costume.... I betta start doin some research on mats early on

Kegan_Flame

Yes! Another person who like samurai 7!!

have you relized how few people like it? Goodness, it's so great too!

Katsushiro is kool.. i like Kyuzo better tho.. lol.. i will be a female versoin of him.. luckily he doesn't really talk.. lol

(i've already started scteching out how i am going to make his costume...  :D )

risingphoenix13

I was also thinking of doing one of the ladies from Samurai 7 also.

I would do Heihachi, but I know that I can't pull off a guy very well;).

Kegan_Flame

Well... i will have some eer... issues posing as a guy too... but i have gotten some great advise on how to eerm... make it not so ...obvious that i'm a chick...

risingphoenix13

I have... But the advice I got doesn't really help with being a little on the top heavy side.

There's the sport's bra way (minimizes but doesn't get rid of it entirely). I think someone suggested bondage tape. I have a sneaking suspicion that it would have the similar effect as a sports bra... and would be really sweaty since it's mostly made out of PVC.

But maybe I'll give crossplaying Heihachi a try.:)

I hope that you can try either of those out and see how it works for you.

Kegan_Flame

so i have like a between a C and a D and what you do is you get a sports bra that's 1 or two sizes to small.. (small enough that it's confining, but large enough that you can breath) then after you got that you ~also~ bind yourself... you just use packing tape.. (like that clear stuff... or you can use bandage cloth... ) it all works the same.. i did that and i was down to a very small A... so it does work... with my outfit over all that you couldn't tell i had a chest.... Lol.. it's like on Swim team.. when we put on our suits, there's like nothing there.. lol

risingphoenix13

Awesome. Thanks. I didn't think about wrapping myself after putting on the sports bra. I'm at D so I definitely feel the same pain. I'll remember that.

Now, if only to find a pic or pattern to make the costume (I don't know how to make patterns).:(

Kegan_Flame

Well... last con, i cosplayed as Rosette From Chrno Crusade... what i did for a pattern was find a costume with a similar shape and use that pattern, then i just modified it a bit...

if you buy the DVD's they come with these lil booklets on the inside.. they have really good sketches of all the parts of each character's outfits.. that's what i'm using for Kyuzo.. and a few drawings i made off of the movie itself..

risingphoenix13

Hmm... Good point. Otherwise I think I would be SOL. Maybe I should have taken those fashion design classes when I was at art achool.;)

I'll have to take another look at Heihachi's outfit. I think we might actually have the sketch in one of the Samurai 7 DVDs that we own.

Kegan_Flame

Haha... i have an uncle who sews so he kinda showed me the ropes.. a lot of it was just "winging" it though... lol....

yeah.. i'm not sure what DVD had Heihachi in it.. it's not 4 or six (i have those with me right now... lol.. i'm thinking it was # 5... that;s where Kyuzo's was too...

risingphoenix13

Nuts, we're only at 3. Well, I'm sure I'll see it (hopefully) with enough time to figure it out. Thanks for the help. This is my first time with planning and doing cosplay.

Kegan_Flame

oo really? This is only my second..

Samurai 7 is starting to get popular though.. so maby in the next year.. lol.. more people will show..

Kegan_Flame

OtaKev

sorry passin on the Samurai 7 cosplay... but ill be actually goin as Byakuya from bleach and Harima from School Rumble

Kegan_Flame

gmontem

I'll see if Gorobei is doable for me but I can't make any promises right now.  Btw this is for the non-crossdressing version.  ^^;;
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Kegan_Flame

YAY!!!! ANOTHER PERSON!!

<333333333

kaine

hey ^^ i was gonna do kyuzo as well..and the question on everyones minds is...how should i go about making the sword....never made a weapon befor..anyone got any ideas
angering a fan girl is like giving a ferret a shave...someone is going to get hurt

Kegan_Flame

i was actually wondering the same thing.. i was thinking get it all nicelooking, but with wood then put a silver kinda finish or something to make it look metal 0.o