Started by CloudStrife546, March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

Where do you usually get your anime?

Buy DVD/VHS/etc.
23 (41.8%)
Rent from video/anime store
5 (9.1%)
Borrow from friend/relative
4 (7.3%)
Download via P2P software (what software?)
14 (25.5%)
Watch them at clubs/public showings
2 (3.6%)
Other (what?)
7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

KimaLucifer

I just like how Some DVD covers look. That's when I go and buy them.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

GokuMew2

IRC is fine for me, most of the time.

BitTorrent is real good, too. I'm doing 132 dl & 8.2 ul on it. Of course, BT's not good if you use a 56k since you're forced to upload.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

ChibiSerenaChan

my computer is slow.. but we have dsl.. and i can't dl that fast!! i want faster dl!! and a faster computer with more space!!!
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

CloudStrife546

Quote from: "GokuMew2"IRC is fine for me, most of the time.

BitTorrent is real good, too. I'm doing 132 dl & 8.2 ul on it. Of course, BT's not good if you use a 56k since you're forced to upload.

where to get IRC?  and this...BitTorrent?

platinum edge

For bit torrent, go to http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html.

To find irc, go to //www.mirc.com.

BT's self-explanitory, but irc (a.k.a. mirc) can be confusing.
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

CloudStrife546

thx.  im pretty sure i can figure it out by myself.  if i cant, ill come back to the boards.  well, ill come back to the boards anyway...but...man, nm.

eva001

I get anime anyway i can!

anyway humanly possible that i can get to is the way i do it ....

sadly my mission isnt going to well ...i only have a few dvd's but i have a cuple vhs!i have an ok solection because i normally barrow from my friends!

yes free anime that u can keep for a long time..or just when ever u get around to watching it.
Sasori

thast me

*stuffs food in mouth*

swordofthebezerk

Here is my method, i rent anime then i record it with my double decker vcr and for dvd's i just play em through my ps2 and record em through the vcr that they are hooked up to and boom i have myself some anime. And since i have been doing it for years i have quite a collection, plus i download a lot of anime as well so my collection is humongous

Updated Version

Barnes

I watch tv
I pick up a Newtype issue
The anime club at my school should get more titles soon I hope
I rent from a Hollywood or the Library
Basically anyway I can find it.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Morticide

i use Irc...then i go too www.ircspy.com or www.packetnews.com and i can do a search for it there
"Why can't it be like the old days, when "Bullet-Time" was simply referred to as lag?"
the Thread posted by mudmink "mmm..." had 490 views....good job Mod
Third Horseman Of The Apocalypse

Click on my link.... http://www.e-hentai.net

jinnai_animexcalibur

bittorrent for fansubs, fry's electronics las vegas for anime dvds, anime cons for toys and the internet for everything else.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

ChibiSerenaChan

i get my hands on whatever i can! like downloads,animedvd's from online or stores, anywhere possible!!! bwuahahaha!! oh and some from ryu-kun XD
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

RyuHayabusa

Serena-chan: Yep..that's right and thanks to her, I have a Full Moon OST LOL XD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

KinFreon

I buy my anime (when I can afford it) at Best Buy in either Puyallup or Tacoma; the DVD's usually go for below retail there (on average $23 for a $30 DVD). If I ever consider renting again, I might rent off of Netflix.

RyuHayabusa

well, I just found a new place to get anime: Target! They sell their stuff for $15-$20. That's where I bought my Char's Counterattack DVD. ^_^ And Fry's as well..*mumbles something about getting all of G Gundam from there and Target*  :D

KinFreon

Target sells anime? Wow...I usually don't shop there so much, mostly because I've had bad memories working there (esp. hearing over the company frequency that I'm "needed in feminine hygiene" *shudders*). But hey...I oughta check it out. The Targets up here have been expanding.

ChibiSerenaChan

i knew target sold anime i've seen it before too
One of the Original

Barnes

There is gonna be a new Target opening in Oakridge mall next year. and the SamGoody in Valley Fair is closing  :cry:  and I wonder about something, does anybody know if Anime Play magazine is worth buying? I know it comes with a dvd kinda like Newtype. :?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RyuHayabusa

well, I'm thinking of buying it...I saw it at Suncoast at Newpark if I remember, but I should buy it lol

KinFreon

Speaking of Sam Goody and Suncoast...they're run by the same company. And their corporate press releases have stated that at least 100 Sam Goody and Suncoast outlets are being closed down in a round of cutbacks. So if your local Suncoast closes, don't panic. The company hasn't gone under...just find another Suncoast in another mall. Sam Goody/Suncoast is basically just cutting out what hasn't been making them money.