Started by CloudStrife546, March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

Where do you usually get your anime?

Buy DVD/VHS/etc.
23 (41.8%)
Rent from video/anime store
5 (9.1%)
Borrow from friend/relative
4 (7.3%)
Download via P2P software (what software?)
14 (25.5%)
Watch them at clubs/public showings
2 (3.6%)
Other (what?)
7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

CloudStrife546

Well, im just curious as to where all of u get ur anime...i download most of mine.  borrow some of mine, and buy some of mine.  mostly download,

KimaLucifer

... *stares at Suspicious*

oh. and my uncle sends them from Japan.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Jessa_chan

I rent from a cute little video store by my house that has tons of anime (and the boys that work there are really cute!  :D )
I love Jack Sparrow. I am his fangirl. I am also obsessed with pirates. Savvy?

CloudStrife546

hmm...where has suspicious been anyway?

otakuya

The San Jose public library has a decent collection of anime, and is ever expanding (cuz of me). Best of all, it's free (but late fees will kill ya). There also this place in Berryessa (California Video) with a great collection of imported anime.

I have dial-up so I can't download anime at all. But I want to know, in case I get dsl in the future, where can you download the anime from?!?!

I can't just depend on my friend at school for them all the time!

CloudStrife546

well, i used to use kazaa, but it was slow and the way it ran pissed me off.  so i stick w/ direct connect now.  www.neo-modus.com

Belldandy

I buy, I borrow, and whine for my anime =)

KimaLucifer

lol

Btw, Suspicious is just not on the fanime boards for the moment.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Leishu

All of the above!

And wherever the heck else I can get it! :)

I have to ask, though it's obnoxious. Are there Holy Handgrenades in Antioch, CA?
Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

fuzzyfaery

bit torrent

i hate it but im laaaaaazy

leech fills from irc friends

i buy a little bit of real anime but i dun have a dvd player(or a dvd drive) so i just loan it out

or watch at a friends house

Jessa_chan

Holy handgrenades? I live in Antioch, and I havent seen a grenade before *is confused*  :?
I love Jack Sparrow. I am his fangirl. I am also obsessed with pirates. Savvy?

Tsubasa

I download some and I purchase some DVDs.  The amounts of each vary from time to time.  Considering how I'm really low on money right now, I'm tending to download more. ^_^;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

ChibiSerenaChan

teehee its like all the above for me!!

i buy, i borrow, i dl, and its presents to me!! teehee thats how i get anime >^.^<
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

otakuya

Quote from: "Inu_Ranma"I have to ask, though it's obnoxious. Are there Holy Handgrenades in Antioch, CA?

<pops-up from nowhere, hold up a portable dvd player>

For those who don't know what he's talking about:

{scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (my favorite non-anime movie)}

Sir Launcelot: Have we got bows?

King Arthur: No.

Launcealot: We have the Holy Hand Grenade.

Arthur: Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him! Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

{Another quote from the movie}

GET ON WITH IT!

Leishu

Kabe ni kono Nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.

GokuMew2

Quote from: "CloudStrife546"Well, im just curious as to where all of u get ur anime...i download most of mine.  borrow some of mine, and buy some of mine.  mostly download,

Hail IRC!!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

optimusprime

mmm....Direct Connect its the bestist and all that I use for my anime. But not just normal Direct Connect at http://www.neo-modus.com but i upgrade to BCDC++ at http://utrum.dyndns.org:8000/  its sooo much better like being in more than one hub without opening another instance of NMDC and multi hub search it also has status bars to show you how complete the download is and it can also auto search for more downloads if the person you are downloading a file from logs off ^.^

two of my fav hubs hub1.crazycatgirl.com and animecorner.noip.org mmm...so much anime in them....

Rick S.

Tsubasa

Direct Connect is just jim dandy and fine for your anime downloading needs, but if you want to get more, quicker, I suggest Streamload.  Sure, there's a monthly fee, but when you see your downloads going your max stable download speed consistently, it'll bring a tear to your eye.  In my case, that'd be about 150k/s.  For the average episode, that equates to maybe 15-17 minutes of download time. :mrgreen:
-Tsubasa

fuzzyfaery

yah but it charges by amout u dl.

i do like 80+ a month

i cant afford that.

Tsubasa

I guess it may not be an option for hardcore downloaders, but for most, the allowed limits are quite sufficient.  I personally like going out and buying DVDs, so it's perfectly fine for me.
-Tsubasa