Started by CloudStrife546, March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

Where do you usually get your anime?

Buy DVD/VHS/etc.
23 (41.8%)
Rent from video/anime store
5 (9.1%)
Borrow from friend/relative
4 (7.3%)
Download via P2P software (what software?)
14 (25.5%)
Watch them at clubs/public showings
2 (3.6%)
Other (what?)
7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: March 20, 2003, 05:24:44 PM

KimaLucifer

I should buy mine for once, but most of them don't reach the U.S.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Suspicious

Oy, I was mentioned in the beginning of the thread, but never noticed o.o

I rent my anime, download it by IRC or BT, and I get random stuff sent to me from a guy I met online.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

ChibiSerenaChan

IRC??? >O_o<

i dl half of my anime.. others are recorded from tv.. bought... or given >>_<< and yeah lol
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

kei

I download some and buy some dvd...

i'm no longer burns anime that i download and watched anymore since i'm very sure i don't have time to watch them again..  there are many others anime to watch...

Suspicious

IRC = Internet Relay Chat

It's like many bigass chat rooms where people can talk and share files.

topnotch97

chinatown!!! there's alot of video stores around there. not only that i could get my hands on ASIAN movies like Korean, Japanese, and HK movies. That's where I got my Battle Royale, Volcano High, and lastly MY SASSY GIRL!!!!

yeah!!!
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

ChibiSerenaChan

Quote from: "Suspicious"IRC = Internet Relay Chat

It's like many bigass chat rooms where people can talk and share files.

OhHHhhh i c i c kewl XD
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Barnes

speaking of Anime Play, i bought an issue today. the magazine itself, to me just looks like a bunch of ads for anime (probably thats how they run their features)  and I haven't tried the dvd yet.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

gmontem

Quote from: "topnotch97"That's where I got my Battle Royale, Volcano High, and lastly MY SASSY GIRL!!!!
Woo!  My Sassy Girl's great even though its abbreviation is MSG.  lol.  I managed to pick up the Korean DVD at Fanime last year.  :D

Anyways I get my anime from downloads, online rentals, and shops, although I haven't been buying DVDs lately.  I don't feel compelled to buy any anime DVDs lately except for the Nausicaa R2.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Vanessa

I buy the majority of my anime at voe.com.. But lately I have been buying VCDS. I know, I'm a bad soul, but it's really convient and the quality isn't so bad. If I really, really do enjoy the series, I will buy the real thing. I really did enjoy my Gundam SEED vcds and hope to get that series on DVD whenever it is released.

Vanessa
http://www.loveisalive.net

mstingray

BT on anime.mircx.com  i use the ABC client.

animesuki if you need to find a particular unlicensed series.

suprnova.org sometimes has some stuff there.

i have to catch up on 2-3yrs of anime i missed.  i stopped watching around 00-01.  just started up again.
former staffer

Sachiko

Hehe... most are through friends and my own downloading ^^;; If I like the series a lot, I'll buy the DVD ^^
~*~Sachiko

Yesenia

:(   There's not many places around here that sell anime stuff. >_< It's not fair! I usually order my stuff online.. when I got money -_- . But whenever I see something anime and cute at a store (rarely) I immediately get it *coughs* *cries -Daddy!!* ^__^!! lol!

But also rent from video stores when they do have it! ^^
-Yesenia
..:: http://pink-sugar.net ::..
"For those with wings... Fly to your dreams"
... O_o.. Hyde loves me. *nods*

Junpei

Well, I mostly buy HK DVD's, of licensed and unlicensed stuff. There are some times when I just need/want to get the R1's, though. And I have a very large collection of those, from the times when I didn't know there was any other way to get anime, legal or not - and in most cases, there /wasn't/ any other way to get the stuff I wanted anyway. Fansubs were hard to come by, digisubs were nonexistent, and all the HK sets sucked arse.

Online, I visit Animesuki to get my torrent files. If there's a licensed show I want, I usually don't download it.

KinFreon

Now that I think about it...I am hurting for an anime rental place. There are plenty of places to buy anime in various stages of legitimacy where I live. But hardly anywhere I know of to rent, and Hollyweird and Lackluster just don't cut the daikon.

Gonna have to go Sherlock Hound on that sonuvamutha, and go searchin... >_>

Suspicious

Quote from: "KinFreon"Now that I think about it...I am hurting for an anime rental place. There are plenty of places to buy anime in various stages of legitimacy where I live. But hardly anywhere I know of to rent, and Hollyweird and Lackluster just don't cut the daikon.

Try an online one like Netflix.  They mail DVDs to you, and you just mail them back after you're finished.

KinFreon

Quote from: "Suspicious"
Quote from: "KinFreon"Now that I think about it...I am hurting for an anime rental place. There are plenty of places to buy anime in various stages of legitimacy where I live. But hardly anywhere I know of to rent, and Hollyweird and Lackluster just don't cut the daikon.

Try an online one like Netflix.  They mail DVDs to you, and you just mail them back after you're finished.

Oh yeah! Forgot about them! So used to brick-and-mortar places...

bubblehead

I get anime 4 ways:
1. buy online (legal these days - there was a time I couldn't tell the difference - but now all R1 for me)
2. download from animesuki.com (haven't recently)
3. rent at the local video store, which has a decent selection, about half vhs, some of which is subbed
4. buy at local stores (sometimes an advantage b/c no shipping and handling)

only hk pirate I own is the studio ghibli boxset. I may buy some of the DVDs legitimately (notably Porco Rosso when it's released in mArch according to nausicaa.net).
"I'm too stupid to worry about something like that!"
-Eimi, All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

KinFreon

I finally found a Target store in my area that has an anime section (the Puyallup location, at South Hill Mall). It's not much, but it's a lot for a big-box American retailer. And the prices are decent.

Yet I ended up buying the DVD of the "CLERKS" animated series there anyway. XD

Still wouldn't go there for all my anime needs, though.

Beebers

Quote from: "KinFreon"I finally found a Target store in my area that has an anime section (the Puyallup location, at South Hill Mall). It's not much, but it's a lot for a big-box American retailer. And the prices are decent.

Yet I ended up buying the DVD of the "CLERKS" animated series there anyway. XD

Still wouldn't go there for all my anime needs, though.

Target.. *pronounces it French and swanky like Oprah*  I get some anime there, but I also like to shop and Barnes and Noble.  They usually have a pretty good selection.  They sell a lot of manga at B&N too.