Fanime Trip Planning for 2007

Started by Long, June 02, 2006, 10:33:45 PM

XpHoBiaX

....take blackmail piccies....?? >_>

Psycho

I want to actually be there next year :(.

~Psycho~
Psycho of San Jose - A manga I made about a Psycho in a harmless looking mask murdering people. 5 people are near the incident. Which one was it? We might never know... or will we?

animeangelfish

Plans..ahh..well..

before con planning
-Fundraisers with the club to cover hotel
- Get the group registration as SOON AS IT IS UP
- Make it clear there are no refunds to the group XD
-Make sleeping arrangements before hand.
- Make sure to get the same hotel as last year, which, though farther from the con, is much better price range for only a block

at the con
-wear Kurama (YYH), Kagura( Furuba), Makoto Kino (kimono style, with rest of group in PGSM costumes)
- get into those darn Hot Yaoi Nights!
- defiantely go to Yaoi Bingo again.
-actually go to a panel this year.
- make sure CERTAIN photographers do not get their elbows in everyone's shots
-Go to the swap meets. oh man they ROCK MAH SOCKS

pretty much my plans thus far. probably will have more.

Cosplay 2013: Fem!Reno, River Song (Melody Malone), Hipster!Ariel
Attendee since 2005

Tessarifkin

I want to go to Fanime again in 2007! I'm not sure if I can make it tho- I live all the way in Denver =P None of the people I met are on here tho... I dont think. Anyone remember 3 girls from denver- one was either May or Mona, the other a japanese school girl and the other a mad hatter or a tip maid?

Anyways- plans!
-Soooooo not taking the train again. I am flying out to san jose this time..
-Getting a room at the actual convention ceter
-Cosplaying as Uriko from bloody roar (maybe Princess Ruto... we shall see)
- seeing all my buddies up there again! wooo

XpHoBiaX

I'll most likely be driving ALLLLL the way from Jackson Cal.
I have several plans for saving money.

~Sell some stuff online and put it away for GAS money. God that trucks a hog...
~make hairfalls, dreadfalls and some other DIY stuff and sell it online.
~SAVE SAVE SAVE my money that I worked hard for.

Yeah, I may sound broke ass...but I am actually taking into consideration the responsibilities I have lingering over my head....like..tiny little ...BOMBS.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "Tessarifkin"I want to go to Fanime again in 2007! I'm not sure if I can make it tho- I live all the way in Denver =P None of the people I met are on here tho... I dont think. Anyone remember 3 girls from denver- one was either May or Mona, the other a japanese school girl and the other a mad hatter or a tip maid?

Anyways- plans!

well, if you post here often, you'll make lots of friends. I consider these fools my 2nd family and we been through thick and thin. :D we are a loveable bunch lol. so stick around and we'll be your friends forever :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

otakuapprentice

Ryu's post says alot with few words. we are all friends here, even though some of us live on the other side of the country. everyone here cares about one another, and that says alot.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Tetsunai

Quote from: "otakuapprentice"Ryu's post says alot with few words. we are all friends here, even though some of us live on the other side of the country. everyone here cares about one another, and that says alot.

I think this deserves a group hug/glomp  :D *glomps everyone*

Shinsengumi

At first I thought I was alone in here but now I know some people here plus I've met some them at the con. It's good that I have friends here, too bad I can't hang out more offen since I live in the Monterey bay area.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Emerge

plans:

cosplay FOR REAL TIS THIS TIME (white kung fu suit and kung fu shoes does not count!)

stop being an apprehensive buyer in the dealer's room (i was struggling to buy a kwoon dvd, and it ended up being the best thing that i bought)

stay in a video programming room for more than a few minutes

spend less time/money in egaming (yea...like that's gonna happen)

make more random comments in the h-room (ron the plant pwns j00!)

do a martial arts skit for stage zero w/buddies

get another sicilian from pizza my heart (all meat, baby!)

chill w/the bb people (i couldnt find you guys this year! let me in on your good times!)

various other stuff that i can't remember but hopefully will by the time the con rolls around!

Tessarifkin

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"
Quote from: "Tessarifkin"I want to go to Fanime again in 2007! I'm not sure if I can make it tho- I live all the way in Denver =P None of the people I met are on here tho... I dont think. Anyone remember 3 girls from denver- one was either May or Mona, the other a japanese school girl and the other a mad hatter or a tip maid?

Anyways- plans!

well, if you post here often, you'll make lots of friends. I consider these fools my 2nd family and we been through thick and thin. :D we are a loveable bunch lol. so stick around and we'll be your friends forever :D

well very cool, to all of you! What did you guys cosplay as during '06- maybe ill remember some of you =P if i go to 07 ill be sure to give you all a hug, hehehe

XeNo

I should be driving so I'll bring my own car next time for next year's con, and explore some of San Jose.

Reserve hotel and pay for in advance.

Only allow 2 other people besides me to stay in hotel room. I hate too many people in one room.

Actually cosplay. My friend wants me to do Gazette, although I am a girl.
I'll think of something maybe.

Go around and videocamera a lot of random stuff, then edit it down to possibly 1 or 2 10 minute parts to upload to the internet. Consist it of short interviews of people and cosplayers and an over look of events.

Go to more panels, even if just for a little bit.

Buy more crap this time in the dealers room.

Bring a lot of food, so I don't have to buy much there.

Bring a ton of money.

Pray my finals will work around Fanime. I hear they are on the same week.

Be there for Thursday night, throughout the entire con.

BlackDelo

my one main plan is to do another skit. I haven't done one since 2004. Which i might add was a critically acclaimed, horribly planned out, success.

<smoke> OMG! A NINJA!
www.myspace.com/bigfatiori

"You know, AX gives you cancer."

FanFicGuru

Go to plenty of panels...

bring MORE money... (like...1200-1500...)

Maybe submit an AMV to the contest.

Oh yeah, and own at the Stamp Rally.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

XpHoBiaX

I'll be driving this time so I can drag all the junk i need in the truck cuz it's huge. (Friggen gas guzzelor demon!!!)

Cosplay as Maleficant and join the KH Gathering.
Cosplay for the Ninja gathering as Space Ninja. lol
May be a Gung Ho Guns Girl! ("Fani-gun girl" inspired by shooter anime. An Idea still in the making. >_>)

Already pre registered will be reserving a hotel room soon.
Have batteries for my digital camera (that can take up to 800 pics. I shit you not. There will be uber camera whoring this time.)
Bring a laptop to upload the images and continue to take pictures.

Bring a friend with me. (or b/f depending on how things work out.)
SAVE MONEY so I can actually buy stuffs. ^-^

zoupzuop2

Ah-ha-ha! This next year will be my best yet!

*Bringing more money
*Challenge people at DDR (as in, place wager$)
*Cosplay the "Over $10 Ranma Saotome", unlike last year
*More glomps!!!
*Once again, take the bus system. Reliable, cheap, and fun.
*This time, no eating too much pho food before karaoke. Dear God... that was awful...
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Kazuko

O: things i shall doooo

bring water and snackums

carry a chained wallet or atleast padlock my bag cause my money was stolen at the psycho le cemu gathering T_____T i dropped my bag down for a few seconds to take a picture and the next thing i know, my wallet was almost empty!

x: and im gonna find the  schedule or print my own and highlight all the stuff I wanna See!!! not loiter in the dealers room for 5 hours straight ><

Sucrose

Well, beforehand, this year I'm going to try and get my first ever JOB (*gasp* I know, it's lame that I didn't have one during high school) so that I can have money to make my costumes (and make them well) and still have money to spend on gobs of random Fanime junk (and food and whatnot.)

During Fanime, I vow to:

* CARRY WATER BOTTLES (those vending machines were expeeeensive)
* get more pictures of myself in all my costumes (for CosplayLab and whatnot)
* keep my purse and bags very close to my person
* keep the hotel room more organized so I don't lose anything
* attend more gatherings if possible
* make sure to get contact info from people I make friends with!
* buy a season of Slayers if at all possible (I love Slayers and miss watching it on the International Channel...)

(Edited to add two that I just now thought of.)
In mammals, Sucrose is digested in the stomach, into its component sugars, by acidic hydrolysis. The Glucose and Fructose are then absorbed into the bloodstream in the small intestine. (Lactose just isn't cool enough to enter into it.)