Craziest thing that happen to you at Fanime

Started by Touya no Miko, June 03, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Uhm....craziest thing that happened to me? *evil grin* Masquerade this year, my friends and I did a skit....it was *drum roll*

"Riku's Journey to Candy Mountain".....and I was Riku....dead serious

Oh my gosh, we had a blast, and you guys will never know how awesome it was to have everyone in the audience cheering for us the whole time. I mean, heck, you guys even joined in the dialogue!!! That was so friggin' awesome!!! (p.s. Does anyone know what site the MC announced where the Masquerade would be posted for viewing?)

Anyway, so that was REALLY cool/crazy...

But aside from that, on sunday while I was wearing the Riku costume, I wasn't even out of the hotel lobby and some girl starts following after me. She goes, "Hi!....I'm in love with Riku.....Do you like my dress?.....so, do you think I look good enough to be a character in a Kingdom Hearts and, well, ya know?" And when my friend came up, she kinda got this "Oh my gosh, I've been caught!" look. I don't think she quite realized I was a girl, too.

Annnnd......The Black and White Ball was the BEST!!! I had a blast and danced with a couple of REALLY talented dancers. And I made it into the Karaoke Finals (8th place out of the 10 finalists....VV;;;;)

But this year was just pretty friggin great all the way around!
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

K&K4ever

google American cosplay peradice, and in my opinion, you guys should have won for best comedy
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

heeroyuy135

The Comedy award was 50/50 between the KH Candy Mountain skit and the Ouran Gay Bar skit...I think they went with the Ouran Gay Bar skit because the song fit so well into the skit (especially when they re-created Haruhi breaking the vase, and Kyoya saying "Do you have any money?" That was just gold.)

I think the two craziest moments for me was when I shook that hand of the president of Gainax during Opening Ceremonies. Come on, it's the freakin' president of Gainax. The other was during the B&W Ball; some girl early on pulled me by my tie to get me to dance with her...I was like "Freakin' sweet!!!" inside my head.

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"The Comedy award was 50/50 between the KH Candy Mountain skit and the Ouran Gay Bar skit...I think they went with the Ouran Gay Bar skit because the song fit so well into the skit (especially when they re-created Haruhi breaking the vase, and Kyoya saying "Do you have any money?" That was just gold.)

I think the two craziest moments for me was when I shook that hand of the president of Gainax during Opening Ceremonies. Come on, it's the freakin' president of Gainax. The other was during the B&W Ball; some girl early on pulled me by my tie to get me to dance with her...I was like "Freakin' sweet!!!" inside my head.

:roll: That was me....glad you enjoyed it. I wish I had a picture of the outfit to prove it, BUT...I don't. All I can say is 'ANBU'

But yeah, the Ouran HS thing was friggin brilliant. So yeah, no hard feelings for anyone.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "*Sesshie's* Nina"
Quote from: "HeeroYuy135"The Comedy award was 50/50 between the KH Candy Mountain skit and the Ouran Gay Bar skit...I think they went with the Ouran Gay Bar skit because the song fit so well into the skit (especially when they re-created Haruhi breaking the vase, and Kyoya saying "Do you have any money?" That was just gold.)

:roll: That was me....glad you enjoyed it. I wish I had a picture of the outfit to prove it, BUT...I don't. All I can say is 'ANBU'

But yeah, the Ouran HS thing was friggin brilliant. So yeah, no hard feelings for anyone.

That was you? Well...*bows* thank you for that wonderful dance.

Touya no Miko

Quote from: "*Sesshie's* Nina"Uhm....craziest thing that happened to me? *evil grin* Masquerade this year, my friends and I did a skit....it was *drum roll*

Oh my gosh, we had a blast, and you guys will never know how awesome it was to have everyone in the audience cheering for us the whole time. I mean, heck, you guys even joined in the dialogue!!! That was so friggin' awesome!!! (p.s. Does anyone know what site the MC announced where the Masquerade would be posted for viewing?)

Roxas: Shun the non-believer!!

Audience: SHUUUUUUNNNN!!!!

I loved that skit.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

budds

I hug a million hugs cuz I had the 'hug me im short' sign XDD
Well...EXPLOSIONS!!

~Cosplay in Progess~
                            Haseo(.hack//GU)-0%
                             Kazu(Air Gear)-90%

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"
Quote from: "*Sesshie's* Nina"Uhm....craziest thing that happened to me? *evil grin* Masquerade this year, my friends and I did a skit....it was *drum roll*

Roxas: Shun the non-believer!!

Audience: SHUUUUUUNNNN!!!!

I loved that skit.

Yes!! We are loved! You guys have no idea how happy that makes me XDDDDDD

Oh, and just as a quick heads up, apparently we're going to be doing the skit again at SacAnime, so anyone who's in the Sacramento area in the middle of July and is going to be there, check it out....again!

Elbowtko

K&K4ever

actually, best comody whent to the Narutou one. although the Ouran Host Club won something better

XpHoBiaX

the craziest and worst thing to happen to me was

*drumroll*

My car engine blew up just as we pulled up to the convention center parking garage.

Lactose

Quote from: "XpHoBiaX"the craziest and worst thing to happen to me was

*drumroll*

My car engine blew up just as we pulled up to the convention center parking garage.

>< i lost my wallet and had to borrow money to get my car out of the garage. and also, my driver's side window was down all weekend. nothing was missing though.
Lactose = Liz

K&K4ever

we herd about the car at the fourum panel. my condolences, and I'm glad no one was hurt. :(

Dante

I met a girl who told me I looked like Jayne from Firefly and she curled up with me and we talked.  Not so weird by itself, but when you can hear the hentai room and have a cute girl curled up with you...

Life is Good.
"I am the Bad Wolf,
I create myself.
I take the words.
I scatter them .. in time and space.
A message to lead myself here..."

WaffoCellist

I just remembered another crazy moment/day.....

It's the last day of con and my staffers and I were dressed in our Logsitics uniform (bright orange jumpsuits with FanimeCon Logistics logo on back) getting ready to clean up.

I must have had about a dozen attendees asking me where they could get jumpsuits like ours so that they could cosplay as Logistic workers for next year..... :shock:

I was touched that they wanted to cosplay the Logistics department...

:wink:
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

some_guy272

well, there were a lot of crazy things i saw at fanime. one was using planks of wood we found in a dumpster, a hotel sheet, and some black duct tape to make wolfwood's cross. another was watching my friend accidentally throw a drunk guy into one of the cement pillars. but the craziest thing i remember had to do with the band of ninjas. i was trying to help my friend(dressed as wolfwood) sell glowsticks for money to buy ciggarettes. the small cardboard sign said something about helping wolfwood on his quest or something, and he had conveniently added "free hugs" at the bottom. as the ninjas were passing, one of them noticed me holding the sign. he shouted, "hey V! does that sign say free hugs??" so i nodded. he gathered the others and commenced the whole, "ninjas, what is your proffession? KILL!! KILL!! KILL!!" and i got glomp/hugged against a pillar. and yet, none of them bought glowsticks. however, it was awesome.
I was V at Fanime '07. If you have any pictures of me, please send them.

K&K4ever

Quote from: "WaffoCellist"I just remembered another crazy moment/day.....

It's the last day of con and my staffers and I were dressed in our Logsitics uniform (bright orange jumpsuits with FanimeCon Logistics logo on back) getting ready to clean up.

I must have had about a dozen attendees asking me where they could get jumpsuits like ours so that they could cosplay as Logistic workers for next year..... :shock:

I was touched that they wanted to cosplay the Logistics department...

:wink:

I was wandering who those people were. :o

I kept on saying "OK, what prisoners are they cosplaying?"

KyraEnsui

X3 Not much for craziness.

+ I was dressed up as Naoji from Meine Liebe and I went up on stage to hand a rose and pocky to the cat-girl cosplayer who had a really nice voice on Sunday.

+ I dressed up as Rinoa for B&W Dance with black boots. Those hurt after awhile of dancing. Although, I didn't like the running train afterwards. It was a major distraction.

+ XD I rejected several guys at the con while in my Rinoa with black boots costume.

Blue Impulse

I barely saw any of my fanime friends,  you know who you are -.-, and I owned ass at puzzle fighter...
0001 Registered User at Fanime 06'

K&K4ever

Quote from: "Blue Impulse"I barely saw any of my fanime friends,  you know who you are -.-, and I owned ass at puzzle fighter...

I think I saw you playing that, I was the one shouting "Go Felicia"  :P