Craziest thing that happen to you at Fanime

Started by Touya no Miko, June 03, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

ADORABLEAZN06

i bought a lot of figures at convention!!1

PixieCat

Quote from: "risingphoenix13"
Quote from: "phoenixphire24"
Quote from: "Chikiru"
Quote from: "Rette"This guy just randomly walked up to me and my friend about 3 times a day (almost everyday) and asked for a hug.

Was he wearing, like, a light blue sweater or something on some of those days? 'Cause if it was, he did that to me too. =/ It was kinda gross on Monday, though, 'cause he didn't look like he changed or anything... XP

Yeah, he was wearing a teal sweater. I don't mind being asked for a hug, but after I said no 3 times, it got a little annoying.  My friends and I had to avoid him for the rest of the con.

He got me twice in the same day within 30 minutes of each time. I told him that I already hugged him and he pouted when I mentioned it.

The first time, I obliged. But then he asked me probably about 10 more times that weekend. I'm not (often) touchy-feely especially with strangers.
And its not like he knew he didn't ask me because 1. I was the only SSS Luna there and I rarely changed costumes, and 2. I told him I already gave him a hug, but he kept asking.

After a while, I was just annoyed. He asked for the millionth time on Monday and I told him I was asleep and couldn't oblige.

As for crazy things to happen..I think actually getting asked to dance at the fanime dance thing by like three different guys. I was really flattered and had fun.
<3 cosplaying obscure video game girls.
Next Cons:

Sac-Anime (?)
Yaoi Con

Ari

I asked the guy at the jrock booth to marry me... :\ He didn't necessarily say no but he kinda laughed and threw it aside. ^-^ Needless to say I have pics of him. <3

Ayanami Rei First Child

Some random guy wanted by picture when I was in my Kung Fu jacket...not sure why...he seemed a tad bit creepy though ^^;

There was also the time I got tackle glomped by some 250lb guy. That was NOT pleasant @.@

KyraEnsui

^^;; The craziest thing at Fanime was when my friends took my bear and my friend's star and begin their "Anbu and Friends" escapade. It was the funniest and this happened while we're at Denny's at 3am, still waiting for our food. They were so short-staffed.

Ayanami Rei First Child

That DOES sound rather strange and odd.

We should all get together to take up like....Half a restaurant or something. Freak out the normals :twisted:

bubydub

Quote from: "Rette"This guy just randomly walked up to me and my friend about 3 times a day (almost everyday) and asked for a hug.

Was he wearing, like, a light blue sweater or something on some of those days? 'Cause if it was, he did that to me too. =/ It was kinda gross on Monday, though, 'cause he didn't look like he changed or anything... XP

Yeah, he was wearing a teal sweater. I don't mind being asked for a hug, but after I said no 3 times, it got a little annoying.  My friends and I had to avoid him for the rest of the con.

I got hugged by that guy too! Repeatedly.....o.O

bubydub

I was stalked by a SHino....and I was Tenten.....WTF?! Seeing Spike get chased by my friend's friends and getting group glomped was pretty funny

KitsuneOniko

Craziest thing? Well isn't the whole ordeal just crazie enough as is for us staff? lol In anycase one of my craziest moments this year in fanime was getting tackled to the ground by this one chick (whom I am now good friends with XD) who was dressed up in this hot modified Sailor Uranus outfit with these platform boots :D I was walking past her and her group of friends while they were sitting in front of Stage Zero while I was one break from my shift and I over heard someone from their direction yell out how they think I'm cute n hot and how they think sadly though that I am probably straight ^^; XD lol I just turned and was like (and I didn't even know who I was answering) "Uh... no... I'm les actually o.O" and next thing you know I am gettin toppled over n jumped on by Sailor Uranus LMAO!! I've been tackleglomped many times in all my years of attending and staffing at Fanime but that one was one of the most surprising and unexpected I have to say...
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3

Capt. Bob

Quote from: "bubydub"

I got hugged by that guy too! Repeatedly.....o.O

Same here, my last encounter with the guy was in the video room. He asked me for YET ANOTHER hug (I obliged the clown twice 'cause I thought he was "Special"). What I did was I said, "Here, hug this guy" and pointed him in the direction of an innocent bystander.

Is that guy gonna get Pwned next con?

quantbits

I think this sounds kind of tame, but whatever.

a year ago, upon my first time entering in my Shinji costume, I get glomped attacked by 5 unidentified female attackers. Someone also struck some really weird pose with me when they asked for a picture too now that I think about it.

Not that my next costume is going to be any better ^_^
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I do FREE ART, just PM me if you want something =)

CLICK FOR ART PORTFOLIO =))

COSTUMES: Shinji Ikari/Evangelion (w/7 ft Spear of longious) | Razor Ramen HG

Sushi

Quote from: "neko ewen"
OTOH when I did bring it on Monday morning and was playing New Super Mario Bros. to kill some time, some guy walked up to me towing a girl and said, "Hey! He's playing Mario! You should play with him!" She didn't want to. I didn't care. :P

Hahah! That was me. Wow I didn't even remember that until now  8)

Asa_Gohan

Randomly getting carried away by ninjas >.>

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

SuperKawaiiNeko

President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

Neo-Zaku

One of my crazier stories from Fanime is from the second year I attended. I was worknig as a volunteer that year and was tasked with the (not so) glorious job of making gaurding the exit doors to the dealers room. Basically the job was sitting/standing there for a couple hours making sure people didn't go in through the exit. Well I was cosplaying as Private C. Fodder of the Principality of Zeon (the generic green pilot jumpsuit). A hour or so in a petite female around I'd say around 4' 10" came up and tugged on my uniform and said "Glomp?" I wasn't sure I had heard correctly (it was noisy) so I asked her what she had asked. "Can I glomp you?" was her response. I shrugged and said sure figuring it was going to be a standard hug and release. Oh no... she starts backing up. 5 feet... ten... about the point she hits fifteen I start to worry. Then she kneels into a runners position and proceeds to sprint at me. Leaping the last couple feet of the distance she rings her arms around my neck and swings around nearly knocking me of my feet as her friend snaps a photo.

The other was me getting on the dance floor wearing a Zaku II mecha costume and doing the robot.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

mDuo13

Quote from: "Neo-Zaku"The other was me getting on the dance floor wearing a Zaku II mecha costume and doing the robot.
You sir, win.

Anyway, I think the craziest thing that happened to me was randomly encountering people playing Apples to Apples in the halls (not the game room) and playing for at least 3 hours.

Though watching "A Bittersweet Life" might compare.

short_storiesgl

I had like 3 or 4 people out side my hotel room throwing stuff at it, and i couldnt go down to Con for like 4 hours till they left and i knew the were around the corner by the elevator so i had to walk down like 20 flights os stairs-_______-.
The thing is i didnt even know the people. =[
Meh
Dance Staff Second

AbsolutelyCursed

Dagger-6

Next time you should call the hotel front desk and let them know.  They'd probably be more than willing to send some of their security guys to deal with people throwing stuff at their hotel.

Sushi

Quote from: "trooper715"Next time you should call the hotel front desk and let them know.  They'd probably be more than willing to send some of their security guys to deal with people throwing stuff at their hotel.

some random guy kept knocking on my friends and i hotel room, we didn't know the guy but we called the front desk and they didn't do anything about it  :evil: but we just ended up sleeping throughout it all till he left.