Craziest thing that happen to you at Fanime

Started by Touya no Miko, June 03, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "trooper715"Next time you should call the hotel front desk and let them know.  They'd probably be more than willing to send some of their security guys to deal with people throwing stuff at their hotel.
DUDE I SO DID THAT LIKE 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Dance Staff Second

SheaShea

Oh man...

I was part of the Pikaball group.  Hecka fun.

Todd from the Kwoon booth (he was friken awsome XD)

And hanging out with a kingdom hearts group
2007 - I was Princess Ashe from FF XII
Official Pikaball Player
Join us in 09?

koella

I actually won a raffle drawing  Yeah I know I'm lame.  but man!  I WON A FREAKIN' RAFFLE DRAWING!

Ayanami Rei First Child

If at first the front desk doesn't do something...pester them into submission!! :twisted:

short_storiesgl

Quote from: "Ayanami Rei First Child"If at first the front desk doesn't do something...pester them into submission!! :twisted:
You know i liek the way you think... this year if i have that same problem im gonna come at them like Aisha Clanclan from the Ctarl-Ctarl Empire in Outlaw star.
Dance Staff Second

narutofan17

Well I cosplayed as Miroku and I might have been goin crazy but I think this Sango was following me. Funny thing is I ended up taking a picture with at the end of the day. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

K&K4ever

Making a human "Envy" sign at the FMA photo shoot. That was interesting.

Other things that happened were @ 2005, my freind got fangirled by a Soujirou fanatic, and then at the last con, another freind ogt fangirled and had to get a new wig because of it.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

narutofan17

Also, last year when my friend and I had went to hentai night and there was a showing (I forget which movie) and there were trying to decide whether to show it in dub or subtitled and a bunch a people started to argue. My friend yelled out "Just show the damn movie" I thought they were goin to shut it down. lol.  They eventually showed it and everything went to ok after. I guess that was more funny then crazy. lol
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Haruka

A friend of SuperKawaiiNeko's and mine did this costume one year as an in-joke for all the die-hard "Excel Saga" fans.  She dressed as Menchi Dogs (The Hot Dogs for Weiners) from the hidden commercials on one of the Viz DVD volumes.

The first year she did it, a lot of people got the joke and thought it was funny.  The second year, she had developed her own fan base.  Last year, she was jumped and dry-humped by a pack of Vash's.  It was hilarious.  She was all "How come you didn't help me?"  I was all "How can I help you and take pictures at the same time?"  I even got one with her cell phone and set it as her screen saver before the Vash Stampede finally let her down.  I still tease her about it.

In 2005, I participated in the duct taping of Rock Lee to a piller.  I even got to poke him a few times with my little toy sword.  He was a pretty good sport about the whole thing.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

KithKanan

My first Fanime, in 2001, I had no car and no crash space. ><  I ended up hiding in the back of the Asian Cinema room and catching some sleep.  I also got a little sleep in the upper lobby the next night, with a kindly staffer telling me to "just try to look more awake if you're going to crash here, okay?"

Kids, NEVER EVER DO THIS.  Seriously, it'd be a lot harder to do now and even if it wasn't you just plain don't want to.  Plus, the karaoke room had doors open to the upper lobby and I was woken up in the middle of the night by a group rendition of "We Will Win" from Robotech (admittedly sung slightly better than Reba West's original).

---

Then there was 2002.  I got a room at the last minute with a few people I knew from the AnimeOnDVD forum... one of whom (a guy) neglected to mention that he was crosplaying as Sakura (from CCS).   That was interesting the first time I saw it.

I also got damned lucky that year... I woke up too late to get Der Cosplay tickets, so I was just chatting with my friends while they were waiting in line to get in when someone (a staffer? not sure) a couple spots ahead i the line found out they couldn't go for some reason and gave me their ticket.  Okay, maybe I wasn't so lucky as I now have the image of fig-leafed cardboard SEELE boxes dancing to 'yatta!' burned into my brain.

---

'04 and later have been kind of uneventful by comparison, though there's a video somewhere of one of my roommates from '05 eating a peanut butter, pocky, M&M, bananna, and anchovie sandwich on a dare.

-Mike
Kickin' it Old-skool.

InsaneChan

This is more like a horror story than a crazy story but...

At 2004, my very first Fanime, I was sitting with my friend by the balcony inside, chilling and playing cards while we waited for another friend to arrive. This guy asked if he could play so we let him join us. We began a game of plain poker [no stakes, betting or anything] and this guy started talking about how he wished that there were some really hot girls around that we could play *strip poker* with [keep in mind, Im a girl, and he's saying this in front of me]. My friend and I tried to ignore him but he continued saying that if he had hot girls around to play it with, things would get really hot and he would have sex. I looked at my friend across from me with a look that said, 'We're getting out of here now, or I'm throwing myself off this balcony so help me God!' Thankfully, our friend then called saying that she was just leaving her house. So my friend whom I was with lied and told the guy that we had to go wait outside because they were right around the corner. We scrambled out of there in no time flat, and luckily never saw him again.

The moral of this story? If you're a perverted fanboy, dont be one in front of un-beknownst girls. They will not have sex with you.
Love. Life. fANIME.

K&K4ever

Quote from: "InsaneChan"This is more like a horror story than a crazy story but...

At 2004, my very first Fanime, I was sitting with my friend by the balcony inside, chilling and playing cards while we waited for another friend to arrive. This guy asked if he could play so we let him join us. We began a game of plain poker [no stakes, betting or anything] and this guy started talking about how he wished that there were some really hot girls around that we could play *strip poker* with [keep in mind, Im a girl, and he's saying this in front of me]. My friend and I tried to ignore him but he continued saying that if he had hot girls around to play it with, things would get really hot and he would have sex. I looked at my friend across from me with a look that said, 'We're getting out of here now, or I'm throwing myself off this balcony so help me God!' Thankfully, our friend then called saying that she was just leaving her house. So my friend whom I was with lied and told the guy that we had to go wait outside because they were right around the corner. We scrambled out of there in no time flat, and luckily never saw him again.

The moral of this story? If you're a perverted fanboy, dont be one in front of un-beknownst girls. They will not have sex with you.

OK, it's unanimous,

that guy will never get a steady girlfriend.

He is destined to be an idiot.  :!:

Kanzake

Quote from: "InsaneChan"This is more like a horror story than a crazy story but...

you know.....

thats kinda sorta just a little REALLY creepy. Next time you should use the line "i need to use the bathroom" and ask your friend to go and scram! even if it means loss of cards (unless theyre from a Trading Card Game and theyre irreplaceable, or collector anime playing cards XD) if its just a reg deck of playing cards, leave em theyre cheap :P
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

K&K4ever

did he know you were girls? (no offenc but I have seen girls that could pass for guys when they crossplay :oops: ).

and if he did I can make a trophy for him entitled "Idiot Of The Century" in no time flat.
:arrow:

InsaneChan

"Really Creepy" is an understatement lol! I was so freaked out about the whole thing, I didnt know what to do! We were in cosplay, but definetely looked like girls. Although we were only 15 at the time [and looked young], so I suppose he knew that asking us to play would be a serious crime XD eep.
Love. Life. fANIME.

Kanzake

Quote from: "InsaneChan""Really Creepy" is an understatement lol! I was so freaked out about the whole thing, I didnt know what to do! We were in cosplay, but definetely looked like girls. Although we were only 15 at the time [and looked young], so I suppose he knew that asking us to play would be a serious crime XD eep.

thank god you ran ^^; creepy people shouldnt be allowed at con ... welll creepy like that guy xD
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Graduisc

i totally agree! better yet, who cares about being courteous and weirding the creep out. get your stuff and make a break for it! i mean really though, if hes making you uncomfortable with his language, then yeah that should set off an alarm and you should jet, jackson!
and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

K&K4ever

OK, he has officially become the number one moron there ever was. no chance of him ever coming to the gene pool with that brain, he probly get lost.

justkitteh

Quote from: "Touya no Miko"Yup, another one! So let's all tell about our crazy adventures at Fanime!

I saw my friend Sean, dressed up as a lolita on Saturday, even though he's a boy. He had fake boobs and everything. O_o. I was randomly glomped by a purple haired girl. I kept getting hugged by the same person. On monday I was repeatedly getting hugged by three girls, because I was dressed up as L from Death note(And a Zombie L FYI). During the Naruto gathering an Ebisu cosplayer went face first into my boobs, when I pretended to flash her. I played ninja twister with my friends...and lost. A storm trooper played with the giant snake plushie I carried with me. XD
There are now two of these threads, they should be merged.

KitsuneOniko

While hostin Stage Zero, one of the dance off contestants was this really kewl L cosplayer guy and he suddenly started bustin out of character with break dance moves n flips XD CRAZIE! I was afraid he was gonna fall of mah stage! lol But he won the contest of course ^_^
Fanime Volunteer 2003-2004
Fanime Dealership Staff 2005-2006
Fanime Live Programming Staff 2006
Fanime Programing Liaison 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Co-Producer 2006
Fanime Stage Zero Hostess 2007-Present <3